eBay Seller Dashboard & How To Use It For Seller Benefits
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
If you are a seller on eBay and haven’t checked out the eBay seller dashboard or at least known about it yet, then we don’t know under which rock you have been living. Being a seller if you haven’t felt the need to monitor your shop’s performance, your shop is gonna fall flat in no time for sure.
Don’t panic though, we are gonna edify you and vindicate all about eBay seller dashboard, what is it and how it can benefit you.
What Is The eBay Seller Dashboard?
A panel where a seller can go through the detailed matrix of their shop’s performance, the rules and regulations of running their shop, and whether they are currently violating or on the verge of violating any rules. Basically, it’s a report card of your shop’s overall performance.
It is very important to go through every policy that the site states for sellers so that your shop doesn’t get shut down or your listings get taken off.
Where to find The Seller Dashboard?
If you are registered on eBay, you just have to follow these simple steps to reach the eBay seller dashboard.
Click on “My eBay”
Go to “My Account”
On the extreme left, in the panel of “My eBay views” is “Seller Dashboard”
Click on it and you will reach to the overview of the “Seller Dashboard”
A new seller’s dashboard looks blank like this. A matrix will appear after you have received at least 10 Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) in a year.
DSR are the stars awarded by the buyers to the sellers for the overall transaction.
- Item description – How precisely the product was described?
- Communication – How well did the communication with the buyers went on?
- Shipping time – How short was the delivery time of the items shipped by you?
- Shipping and handling charges – Was the product worth the money?
If your DSR falls to a certain level you account most probably will be barred. It’s always better to monitor your DSR regularly and take necessary actions if you find the DSR level dropping.
Your DSR can be viewed on eBay feedback forum
You just have to enter your “User ID”
Seller Dashboard Summary
Your current status on eBay as a seller can be found out on the seller dashboard summary that is on the top left side of the seller dashboard.
To monitor your performance you can calculate the overall conduct of your shop. It is calculated on the basis of these points-
- Looking at your transaction defect rate,
- Cases closed without seller resolution,
- Late shipments,
- Tracking validation
The defect rate is calculated on two factors–
- If the item received by the buyer is not as per description you sated for the product.
- If you cancel an order when you run out of stock for the particular item after the order has been placed or you choose not to send it to the customer.
If your “Transaction defeat rate” hits 2% and your “Case closed without seller resolution” rate hits 0.3% your seller rating drops immediately.
Certain restrictions can be placed on your account by eBay if you don’t make any effort to improve it.
To Avoid These Things-
- Describe your product correctly, add pictures and specify each and every dimension of the product to minimize any chances of a dispute about the products with the buyers.
- Monitor the stock of the items regularly.
- Refill the stock as soon as you feel it’s running out.
- In case you feel that it may take longer to refill the stock, Use the “Out Of Stock” feature as soon as the stock runs out It automatically hides the item listed if the stock hits zero.
- Conversate with your buyers if they are reporting any kind of problem. Reverting them ASAP will help you get good scores on the eBay seller dashboard.
- Your return and refund policies should be clearly mentioned clearly with each of the listings.
Late Shipping Rate
The late shipment rate is calculated by the number of times you delay the consignment to be delivered. If your consignment gets delayed more often the score on the eBay seller dashboard will abate.
In case more than 10% of your consignments are delayed, eBay will restrict some of the shipping options for you.
To Avoid These Things-
- Calculate the total transaction (including handling and dispatch) time and state the accurate delivery date of your items.
- You can provide your buyers with the order tracking facility.
- Offer a compensation amount for late delivery.
To become a powerseller or top-rated seller on eBay your late shipment rate should be under 3%.
This might not have caught your concern but even this minor point can affect your scores on eBay seller dashboard. The percentage of the items being returned back to you by the buyers is also a factor to highlight seller performance.
The more your products will be returned, the more you seller ranking will recede. Percentage of returns depicts the seller accountability. If the items are being returned more often due to their cheap quality, or because they were damaged when received by the buyer it will negatively affect the feedback score.
To Avoid These Things-
- Make sure that the packaging of the items to be delivered is totally secured.
- Check the condition of the items before packing them and also click their pictures before packing.
- Pack fragile items in the boxes with the “Fragile” label
Now, that you are all set up to monitor your eBay seller dashboard and boost sales, let us help you to get started or switch over to a better integration on eBay platform with automated selling program.
Connect your Shopify store with eBay and drive millions of visitors to your products.
Expand your sales with Shopify eBay integration HERE