Discover The Best Marketplaces For Selling Products In USA
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
The United States of America is one of the biggest markets for online sellers. Ranked second amongst leading countries in terms of retail e-commerce sales from 2014 to 2019 by Statista, the United States of America is one of the biggest markets for online merchants to thrive their e-commerce marketing and merchandising. This fact makes the US of A, an extremely lucrative market for online sellers who want to start selling products in USA.
However, selling products in USA depends on the marketplace that you choose to sell your products at.
Having said that, we would today list the US marketplaces that can turn huge profits for sellers who want to start selling products in USA. Have a look and know all about the US marketplaces that you may sell at and reach out to the huge e-commerce customer base of the USA.
US e-commerce in numbers
- According to Statista, the retail e-commerce sales in the United States was accounted to nearly 340.6 billion U.S. dollars in the year 2015. It is expected to grow to 543.95 billion US dollars by the year 2019.
- The U.S. retail e-commerce sales amounted to over 123.67 billion U.S. dollars in the first quarter of the year 2018, according to Statista.
- The online sales of physical goods amounted to about 360.3 billion US dollars and were expected to surpass 603.4 billion US dollars by the year 2021.
- In a recently reported quarter of 2018, the share of e-commerce in U.S. retail sales was 9.5 percent, increased from 8.5 percent from the corresponding quarter of the year 2017.
Benefits of selling products in USA
- With the population of about 327 million, the active internet users in the US are about 282 million.
- While the number of active social media users is 192 million, the active mobile social users are 169 million.
- In the year 2016, it was recorded that the number of digital shoppers in the US was 209.6 million while the projected number of digital shoppers by the year 2021 was 230.5 million.
- Also, the selling products in USA market brings FREE trade agreements with 20 other countries.
Marketplaces to start selling products in USA
To make the most of your efforts, some best marketplaces to start selling products in USA are listed below with the crucial information that you might need.
The American e-commerce giant is one of the most popular and visited e-commerce websites in the world to start selling in USA. Have a look at the data and stats before selling on Walmart.
- Walmart has about 100+ million unique visitors per month.
- It is the second most visited e-commerce website across the globe.
- It allows the sellers to reach out and sell the products to about 260 million users across the world.
- Walmart’s net sales worldwide from the year 2006 to 2018 can be seen below:
Prerequisites for selling on Walmart
- You need to have a United States business entity for selling on Walmart.
- Walmart Marketplace asks for product identifiers- GTIN, UPC, EAN, ISBN, and ISSN respectively.
- A seller selling on Walmart needs to have quality products (refurbished products are allowed),
- A seller selling on Walmart needs to fix competitive prices.
- A seller needs to ship efficiently within the US efficiently if selling products in USA.
- You need to give great customer service to buyers if you are selling on Walmart.
- You have to ship products in plain boxes with no branding for selling on Walmart.
- You need your products to have UPC or EAN or GTIN codes for selling on Walmart. At least one of them is required, otherwise you will not be able to sell on Walmart without valid codes.
- To know what are the products you can’t sell on Walmart, check , and assure that you are not selling these products.
- For more points on the minimum requirements to sell on Walmart, click here.
Walmart seller fee
As a great news for sellers aspiring to start selling products in USA, there is no fees to feature the products and start selling on Walmart and it charges only awhich can range from 6% to 20% of the product’s selling price, depending on the product’s category.
To sell on Walmart using our integration extensions, Click Here.
With 11.89+ million visitors to date, Jet is said to attract 350,000 customers/month and is one of the biggest marketplaces in America. With 10.76 million visits in the last 6 months, Jet.com is believed to generate about $20 billion GMV by the year 2020.
Have a look at Jet marketplace in stats and numbers before you sell on Jet.
Jet is one of the fastest growing marketplaces in the USA and is expecting to generate around $20 billion GMV by the year 2020, a great reason to sell on Jet.
Total visits and engagements on Jet
Traffic on Jet by countries
Prerequisites to sell on Jet
- A seller aspires to sell on Jet needs to sell brand new products (refurbished products are not allowed).
- To sell on Jet, a seller must be having competitive prices.
- A seller must be able to ship within the America efficiently.
- Great customer service to buyers is a must if you sell on Jet
- Products must have ASIN, UPC or EAN or GTIN codes. One of them is required to be there and sellers can’t sell on Jet without valid codes.
- Go through the Jet’s Terms and make it sure that you are meeting all the requirements before you sell on Jet.
Apart from this, the fulfillment requirements for the Jet partners are:
- Acknowledgment of orders within 15 minutes.
- Maintenance of order acceptance rate to be more than 99% to sell on Jet.
- Completion of order processing on the same day or in 1 business day.
- Providing order tracking information to users at the time of shipment.
- Delivery of most of the orders in 1-5 business days from the day of order placement.
- Maintain an order defect rate of less than 2% to sell on Jet.
- Modify packing slips to meet Jet’s requirements or do not provide packing slips
Jet seller fee
Although being one of the most popular and fastest growing marketplaces in the US, Jet marketplace doesn’t need a seller to pay a fee to sign up or list the products. However, there is a flat 15% commission on the products that you sell or otherwise as stated in the table below:
To sell on Jet using our integration extensions, Click Here.
With approx. 30 million visits per month, Sears Marketplace is amongst the e-commerce giants that may help you start selling products in USA. If you sell on Sears, you may reach out to the huge customer base.
Before you sell on Sears, see the total number of visits on Sears marketplace below:
Traffic on Sears marketplace by country can be seen in the image below:
Some more positive statistics to sell on Sears
Sears seller fee
Although there is no application fee applicable on Sears, the set of charges that a seller comes across are:
- $39.99/ month subscription fee, which enables unlimited monthly orders.
- Up to 20% commission fee depending on the product category (also known as a transaction fee).
To sell on Sears with our integration extensions, Click Here.
With the global rank of 813 and country rank of 187, Newegg is one of the biggest marketplaces in the US at which merchants may sell under the computer hardware and consumer electronics categories and cater to needs to millions of users.
As can be seen in the image, Newegg has about 50 million visitors coming to the website every month.
It means that a seller may reach out to the vast audiences by selling on Newegg marketplace.
Newegg in Numbers
- Newegg has around 32 million registered users as of 2017.
- NewEgg Marketplace generated about $2.5 billion+ revenue in its first year according to the eCommerce Worldwide.
Newegg Seller Fee
NewEgg Marketplace does not ask for any account set up costs. However, you are only accounted for a nominal commission on each sale.
To sell on Newegg using our integration extensions, Click Here.
With 1.9 million active sellers as of 2017, Etsy marketplace is one of the biggest platforms for users to sell in the US region.
Etsy has a total visit of about 171 Million by users, as per the data from SimilarWeb, as can be seen below.
Adding to the massive performance of this marketplace, the traffic on Etsy by countries can be seen below:
The revenue of Etsy in the year 2017 was amounted to be about 441 million US dollars as per the report of Statista.
Prerequisites to sell on Etsy
To know what can and can not be sold on Etsy, Click Here!
Etsy Seller Fee
The Etsy seller fee can be understood by the image below:
To know the Etsy seller fee in detail, click here
To sell on Etsy with our integration extension, Click Here.
A marketplace that doesn’t need any introduction, Amazon is known around the globe as an e-commerce giant.
Amazon in stats and number
- The net revenue of Amazon is estimated to be US$ 177.86 Billion, with the net income of US$ 3.033 Billion.
- Amazon has extraordinary traffic across the globe along with the engagement of same intensity. Its total visit is estimated to be about 2.35 Billion in the last 6 months itself.
- With more than 5,66,000 employees, Amazon is the 8th largest employer in the United States of America.
- It is the ‘the largest’ internet company by revenue and the 4th most valuable public company of the world.
- Increasing its presence as a brick and mortar retailer, Amazon acquired the Whole Foods Market for US$ 13.4 Billion in the year 2017.
What can you sell on Amazon marketplace?
Amazon enables the sellers to sell under a number of categories. If the product you wish to sell on Amazon is listed in the image below, you are all set to sell on Amazon.
You can also see in the image which category needs the approval and which does not.
Amazon marketplace seller fee
Now before you start wondering as to what is the fee you need to pay to sell on Amazon, don’t worry as we’re here to answer all the Amazon seller fee-related query you might have.
To know the Amazon seller fee, you must know that Amazon authorizes the merchants to sell in two ways.
- Selling as a Professional
- Selling as an Individual
Selling as a Professional: It is when you sell more than 40 items a month and the fees that are levied on you is US$ 39.99/Month + Other Selling Fees.
Selling as an Individual: It is when you plan to sell an item which is less than 40 in numbers, and the fees you need to pay is US $ 0.99$ Per Sale + Other Selling Fee.
Amazon Shipping Fee:
The Amazon Shipping Fee totally depends on the category and the shipping method selected by the buyers.
Referral Fee to sell on Amazon:
The sellers who sell on Amazon pay a referral fee for every item that has been sold. Products in different categories have a particular per-item minimum referral fee.
You may see the Amazon Seller Fees for a referral here.
Variable Closing Fee to sell on Amazon:
The Professional and Individual sellers pay a particular Variable Closing Fee for each media product that has been sold.
To sell on Amazon with our integration extension, Click Here.
So it is crystal clear as to how lucrative it can be if you sell on US marketplaces on the marketplaces mentioned above in this post. Leaving huge amount of money for you on the table, selling on these marketplaces can be extremely lucrative deal for you as a seller. Huge customer base, vast population, technology and innovation driven populace, and what not is there that you get when you sell on the US marketplaces. In short, we can say that selling products in the US itself can procure you such profits that you might have always desired, to transform your business. So give it a thought and embark on your journey to start selling products in USA-for great exposure of your products and skyrocketing sales.
You may also like