How much is WFS Fee for Item Storage & Fulfillment from Walmart?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Walmart launched WFS (Walmart Fulfillment Services) to make the product storage and fulfillment journey quick and hassle-free. To avail the benefits of the WFS program, you must register in the WFS program and outsource the energy-taking inventory storage and fulfillment tasks to Walmart. Then pay the Walmart WFS fees based on your product weight and storage duration to the Walmart fulfillment facility. So if you are a Walmart seller and want to learn about the WFS fees for storage and fulfillment on the Walmart marketplace, this blog is for you.
How much is the WFS Fee?
The pricing structure for storing and fulfilling WFS items is simple. There is a base fee and an additional fee for apparel, hazardous materials, and oversized products.
How much is the Base Fee?
Understand the below rules to calculate the base fee for your WFS items.
Find the weight of your items, and then use the table below to determine the base fee:
- If the weight of items is less than 1 pound, use weight to calculate the base fee.
- If the weight of items is over 1 pound, use the higher among the product weight or dimensional weight to calculate the base fee.
“The dimensional weight is the unit volume (length * breadth * height) in cubic inches divided by 139.”
Source: Walmart knowledgebase
Remember, if the longest side of your product is more than 96 inches or if the length + girth (girth equals twice the sum of breadth and height) is more than 130 inches, the unit weight starts from 90 pounds.
For Apparel and Hazardous materials, add $0.50 to the base fulfillment fee.
For Oversized items, apply the below rules to calculate the base fee:
- Add $3.00 to the base fulfillment fee if the longest side of your product is greater than 48 inches, or the median side of your product is greater than 30 inches, or the length + girth of your product is greater than 105 inches.
- Add $25.00 to the base fulfillment fee if the longest side of your product is greater than 96 inches or the length + girth is greater than 130 inches.
How much is the WFS Storage Fee?
It is the price you need to pay to Walmart for storing your items at the Walmart Fulfillment Center. It is calculated by considering the volume of your items and the duration for which you store items at the WFS facility.
Use the below criteria to calculate the storage fee:
- The storage fee is $0.75 per cubic foot per month for storing items from January to September.
- For October to December, the storage fee is $0.75 per cubic foot per month (upto 30 days). For storing items over 30 days, add $1.50 per cubic foot per month to the above fee.
- For more than 365 days, the storage fee is $7.50 per cubic foot per month.
How to calculate the WFS fees on Walmart?
The Walmart WFS fee calculation for your WFS items is quick and easy. Go to the WFS calculator on the Walmart page and furnish your item details. The calculator will quickly estimate the fees for your WFS fulfilled items.
Source: Walmart knowledgebase
What are Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS)?
Walmart Fulfillment Services, or WFS, is an inventory storage and fulfillment program from Walmart that aims to simplify item storage and fulfillment tasks for Walmart sellers. With a small fee, you can just outsource your inventory at the WFS facility and let Walmart take care of it & ship it to the customers on your behalf. Walmart also handles returns and offers customer care services for WFS items.
Walmart also applies Two Day Delivery, and the Walmart fulfilled tags to the WFS fulfilled products. This helps enhance your products’ visibility and increase conversions on the Walmart marketplace.
How to become a WFS Seller?
- Log into the Seller Center using your credentials
- In the top navigation bar, select the WFS icon
- Click Apply
- Complete the application form and submit
To Sum Up
For storing and fulfilling items through Walmart Fulfillment Services(WFS), you need to pay a fee called WFS fees. The WFS Fees include a base fee and additional fees for apparel, hazardous materials, and oversized items. You also need to pay a storage fee based on the product volume and time for which you store items at the WFS facility. Simply use the WFS calculator to calculate the WFS fees for your WFS inventory on Walmart.
However, speak with the Ced experts for any help. With Ced solutions, you can automate your online selling tasks. Additionally, the 24/7 expert support helps you streamline selling on the Walmart marketplace.