How to Sell on Prestomall? A Step-by-Step Guide
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Southeast Asia’s internet economy is emerging at an unprecedented rate. With 630 million people’s economy, it is considered as the next gold rush of eCommerce hub. Prestomall is yet another popular online shopping platform among Southeast Asia eCommerce region. Therefore, this article is gonna be all about how you can sell on Prestomall?
With more than 350M mobile-based internet users and a middle-class population, eCommerce in Southeast Asia is projected to set a healthy foot by 2025. In addition, online sales are expected to hit more than $70bn by 2020.
Missing out on a chance to sell on this eCommerce exaggerating region could prove to be a huge mistake!
Why sell on Prestomall?
PrestoMall (earlier known as 11Street) is the online shopping mall that connects sellers with a variety of merchants. In addition, to meet their product requirements at fair prices. Thus, providing a trustworthy and secure shopping experience for both sellers and buyers. Unleashing countless deals from electronics, fashion, home and living, sports and leisure, and more.
Various fringe benefits that Prestomall provides to its sellers are:
- Free product listing.
- Competitive transaction rates.
- Marketing fund for campaigns and promotions.
- Training room – regular classes on business optimization.
- Photo studio – well-equipped for professional guidance and product listing.
- Safe and secure platform for buyers and sellers (via ESCROW system).
- Massive traffic through effective marketing strategies.
- Flexible business model tailored to the preferences of key partners.
What are the documents needed to register as a seller?
Before beginning the registration process, first, know that there are two types of Sellers on PrestoMall: 1) Business seller and 2) Global seller.
The prerequisites required for each depends on the type of seller and are mentioned below:
1. Business Seller: Sellers who are residing within the region and want to sell in it.
- You must have a MyKad (Identity Card) issued by the government.
- You must have a business registration certificate. ( i.e., Form 9– Certificate of incorporation of a private company)
- A bank account is mandatory as you need to submit a copy of your passbook.
- A copy of Form 49 / Section 14 or SSM Form.
- Sales and Services tax approval. (This document is Optional)
2. Global Seller: Overseas sellers who want to sell on PrestoMall.
- A business license or a copy of a Passport is needed.
- A copy of the Tax registration certificate is mandatory.
- A copy of the Bank Account Passbook / Statement.
PrestoMall requires these different supporting documents from local and international sellers during the signup process to avoid any fake registrations.
How do I register myself and sell on Prestomall?
The registration process on Prestomall is quite basic and simple. in addition to that, today’s technology is just making the process so easier for sellers out there to create and register themselves as a seller.
The necessary steps required to be a Prestomall seller are:
1. Go to Prestomall.com and Sign up an account
2. Choose an appropriate seller category
To begin the registration process, first, select the appropriate seller category. Whether you want to begin as a business seller or as a global seller.
3. Fill out the registration form and provide all the necessary documents
4. Confirm your account via E-mail
You will receive a confirmation mail on the email id provided by you.
After verifying your email account you just have to wait until your documents are verified.
5. Once the documents are verified you can begin selling.
And that’s it, you are done with all the steps involved in the seller registration process. Now you can begin your selling journey with one of the most developing marketplaces in Southeast Asia.
Listen to our Spotify Podcast for emerging trends shaping the eCommerce in 2020!
What are the Prestomall transaction fee and listing fees?
There is no listing fees on Prestomall.
Every marketplace has its own way of charging fees because, in the end, everyone is there for business. However, Prestomall charges a commission fee based on your particular product category 1 to 10% [4 to 20% (for eVouchers)]
The formula for final profit is- Final profit = product price – product category commissions – transaction fee.
Prestomall will charge a product category commission and a Prestomall transaction fee for every sale you make on the platform.
Top-selling product categories on Prestomall
The top-selling product categories on Prestomall are:
- Home and living products
- Grocery products
- Baby kids and toys
- Health and beauty
- Home electronics
Preferrable products to sell on Prestomall
These are the most adored products on Prestomall that comes under the top-selling product categories on Prestomall:
- Baby and mum products- Anlene, pampers and Amnum baby milk.
- Electronics and accessories- Computer, Smartphone, Powerbank & headphones.
- Fashion and Clothing- Sunglass, Bag, Cap, Watch & Shirt.
- Groceries- Milo, Korean instant noodle & Tea.
Therefore, I have filled you up with the knowledge and requirements needed to sell on Prestomall, all you need is to buckle up your store and begin selling.
While preparing your store, one by one product upload and multiple store management is a hectic process.
With CedCommerce’s Prestomall integration which is available for some top frameworks like Magento 1, Magento 2 and WooCommerce. You can seamlessly integrate your store and eliminate all the steps that are slowing down your selling process.
Some of the major benefits of using the integration app are:
Inventory Management: Inventory synchronization and real-time updates about inventory make inventory management smooth and fast.
Order Management: Smooth order management is important to serve the customer without delay. Our solution ensures a centralized dashboard to smoothly manage order acknowledgment and cancellation.
Bulk Upload: Want to upload hundreds of new products or update existing products both are possible with few clicks. This will save several hours of manual product uploading.
Prohibited Items on Prestomall
Just like in every marketplace, there are some products that need to be abandoned while listing your products. Here is the criteria of the prohibited item that you can not sell on Prestomall:
- Items endangering the safety or health of the customer including but not limited to defective items or expired products.
- Products containing pornography, nudity, adult material.
- Commodities that are not in compliance with all applicable laws. Including but not limited to Sale of Drugs Act, 1952, Food Act 1983, Consumer Protection Act 1999 and the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.
- Firearms or any hazardous weapons.
- Counterfeit, replica and name brand knock-off products or products violating any intellectual property rights.
- Black-market items, stolen items, or illegally imported items.
- Items without authorization of the relevant authorities which is required under applicable laws.
- Products with contents of political or religious elements. Or that advocate violence towards any groups, individuals and cruelty towards animals.
For the Southeast Asian markets sky is the only limit. Sellers who are willing to showcase their potential and want to reach the very top of the tree, Prestomall is one of those opportunities to grab. The promising emergence of the internet economy is attracting several hundreds of millions of more investment in the region.
In conclusion, Now that you are aware of all the steps that are needed in order to become a seller on Prestomall, make sure you make the most out of your business with these marketing strategies to follow in 2020. Wishing you all the growth and luck in 2020.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Write to us in the comment section below. (I promise I’ll answer)
(Images are sourced from Prestomall.com)
Other reads that you may be interested in:
- Sell on Lazada in Minutes with Step by Step Guide
- Everything you need to know to sell on Shopee and skyrocket your sales
- How to sell on Qoo10? A Step-by-Step illustration
- Lazada and Shopee integration with Dokan compatibility for WooCommerce
- A WooCommerce special: 6 tools to increase your sales on 12.12