An Easy Guide to Set-up Facebook Ads through Facebook & Instagram Shopping App
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
The competition in Social Commerce is fiercer than ever before. And as a business owner promoting your Facebook Shop products, you constantly need more conversions, attract highly targeted visitors, and encourage repeat purchases from existing customers.
While there are numerous channels to promote your products, Facebook Ads’ massive impact on the users is impossible to deny. More than a third of the world’s population encounters Facebook ads regularly. Thus, recognizing the profound influence of Facebook ads, CedCommerce is rolling out Ads Feature in Facebook and Instagram Shopping app, making it a one-stop solution for you to sell and promote your products effectively, all from a single dashboard.
Dive down through this comprehensive Facebook Ads guide to know how to run effective Facebook ads through Facebook & Instagram Shopping App.
Table of Content
- Why is advertising on Facebook beneficial for your business?
- How to advertise on Facebook with Facebook & Instagram Shopping App?
- Set up your Facebook Ad Campaigns in a few simple steps
- Prospective Campaign
- Retargeting Campaign
- How to create Ad Sets?
- How to create Facebook Ads?
- Wrapping it up
Why is advertising on Facebook beneficial for your business?
Facebook has near-unparalleled precision when it comes to ad targeting. The ability to accurately target specific groups of people draws in nearly 10 million active advertisers. In all honesty, there are several benefits you can reap by advertising on Facebook for your business.
From acquiring new shoppers to enhancing brand awareness, Facebook ads help many small businesses grow online today! However, this is just the beginning of what Facebook ads can accomplish for your business.
The following list outlines the many reasons why advertising on Facebook is a smart choice for your business:
1. Facebook ads are affordable
Facebook Ads are accessible to all businesses for free. The sole expense is the cost of providing a budget and running advertisements.
This is one of the most alluring features of advertising on Facebook for a large number of SMBs.
The price of running ads on Facebook is determined by a lot of factors (your budget, your ad types, etc.) but you can run Facebook Ads on any budget – generally, advertisers spend a few cents to a couple of dollars per click. You can set your budget on a daily basis or lifetime basis.
2. Facebook ads are Effective
According to an eMarketer survey, 96% of social media marketers believe that Facebook is the best social media network regarding return on investment. This is true for all firms, whether B2C or B2B.
The extent of audience targeting, the volume of users on the platform, the numerous kinds of engaging ads, and the level of data and insights it provides make Facebook advertising really successful. These benefits, paired with a great strategy, explain why Facebook ads perform pretty well for businesses.
3. Facebook Ads lets you target specific users
You can use it to search for people based on various factors, including their age, gender, location, job title, industry, and personal hobbies. Apart from individuals who have previously liked your page, you may also choose to filter by activity (such as recent purchases or life events).
4. Facebook Offers Retargeting
Facebook retargeting is an excellent way for your business to reach out to more potential buyers. It helps you to target customers who have already visited your store. They are already familiar with your business; they are more likely to purchase.
You can retarget your leads to encourage them to convert. With Facebook Dynamic Ads, it supports you in automatically customizing each ad for each customer. Thus, increasing the probability of conversion.
5. Facebook Ads are easy to set up
Creating and running Facebook Ads Campaigns are quite simple. You just have to be clear with the objective of running your campaigns. That’s it! Facebook & Instagram Shopping app lets you quickly set up your ads by assisting you through the stages of choosing the kind of ad, defining your audience, and determining your budget and duration. Moreover, our social media wizards are always there to help you.
6. Facebook Provides Insightful Ads Analytics
Facebook Analytics helps you to keep the track of running Facebook Ad Campaigns. These are concerned with your ad’s return on investment (ROI).
For example, in addition to data on impressions, reach, and frequency, you receive information on likes, shares, comments, page likes, and click-through rates. This data is updated in real-time, so you can adjust your advertising as needed to maximize its effectiveness.
How to advertise on Facebook with Facebook & Instagram Shopping App?
Facebook has a broad range of paid ad options and placements. However, all advertisements have three essential components:
- Campaigns: A Facebook campaign is a collection of ad sets and ads designed to achieve a specific goal, such as boosting app installations or generating leads. Facebook Campaigns can be distinguished into two types – Prospective Campaigns and Retargeting Campaigns.
- Ad sets: Ad sets contain one or more ads. If you want to target distinct audiences with different characteristics, you’ll need to create new ad sets for each one.
- Ad: Your ads are housed in ad sets. Facebook allows you to create numerous types of ads such as Video Ads, Carousel ads, Image ads, and many more.
With these terminologies out of the way, let’s dive into creating Facebook Ad Campaigns.
Set up your Facebook Ad Campaigns in a few simple steps
Facebook & Instagram shopping has become a one-stop solution for merchants who want to sell and advertise their products effectively.
The app lets you create and run both Prospective as well as Retargeting Campaigns with ease.
Let’s get started with Prospective Campaigns.
Prospective ad campaigns are intended to target potential consumers who are most likely to interact with your brand for the first time and become prospective buyers. The goal of running a prospecting campaign is:
- To build your audience
- Generate interest in your products
- Make more people familiar with your brand and what you sell
To create a prospective campaign, you need to:
- Go to Create Campaign and select Prospective Campaign.
- Fill in all the basic details of the Campaign like Campaign Name, Budget Type, and Budget Amount.
- On clicking Next, you will reach the ad-set level where you will give a name to your ad set and select Target Location. You can also choose your area of interest, behaviors, live events along with the start & end date.
- After this, you will head to ad-level. Here, you will name your ad, a title, headline, and description. You will also get an option to choose the CTA button from the dropdown.
- Choose the ad format and select the image for the ad from your computer accordingly.
- To preview your ads in various formats to see how they will appear when they go live, Click on Preview ads.
- To activate your Campaign, click ON the Toggle button in the status bar.
Retargeting is a pay-per-click technique. It displays your ads to individuals who are already familiar with your brand, in the hopes of convincing them to return to your company and make a purchase. They’ve already been to your website and engaged with your Facebook and Instagram profiles, so there could be a chance of a conversion.
Retargeting With Facebook Dynamic Ads
Retargeting with Facebook dynamic ads allows you to target those shoppers who have expressed interest in products similar to yours anywhere on the internet. Facebook Dynamic Ads lets you personalize your pitch by showcasing relevant items to the person seeing the ad, regardless of whether they have previously visited your website.
Facebook Dynamic Ads also selects the right set of shoppers for each product. You can leverage Facebook Dynamic Ads to remind your customers of the products they looked at but didn’t purchase.
Follow the steps below to establish a Facebook Retargeting Ads campaign:
- Go to the Facebook & Instagram Shopping dashboard and choose “Facebook Ads.”
- Select “Retargeting Campaign” as your preferred choice under Create Campaign, and then click “Create Campaign.”
- When you come to the Campaign level, fill in all the essential information like Campaign Name, Campaign Budget Type (daily or lifetime), and Campaign Budget Amount.
- You will then reach the Ad set level. You must name your ad set here, as well as choose your catalog and catalog set. Then, as indicated, choose the event type. You may also make a custom combination by combining many criteria based on your preferences and selecting the start and end dates.
Note that if you choose a lifetime budget at the campaign level, the end date is required.
- You have to enter the ad’s name and choose the catalog and catalog set at the ad level. Choose the primary text, title, description, website URL, and CTA for your ad from the menu.
- Activate the option for dynamic ads now. This will automatically modify the order of your Facebook ads to reflect the information and promotions that are relevant to each individual.
- You may preview your advertisements in several formats once you’ve completed all of the essential procedures to see how they’ll look once they’re live.
- Switch the toggle button on the status bar to activate your Campaign.
Your Facebook Retargeting Ad Campaign is live now.
How to create Ad-sets?
Ad sets are collections of ads with similar parameters for how, when, and where they should appear. The ad set option is used to choose audience attributes such as gender, age, and geography. You can also make a budget, set a schedule, and choose where to place your ad sets.
The Facebook & Instagram Shopping app allows you to create many ad sets within a campaign. If you want to create more than one ad set after creating a campaign, you must follow the procedures below:
- In the Ad profile, click the Campaign Id.
- The Ad Set page will display; click’ Create Ad Set’ on the right side of the screen.
- Once clicked, you will be routed to Step 2 of the Campaign Creation. You can build an ad set for your company after completing this step.
How to create Facebook Ads?
The Facebook ads offer extensive targeting options for eCommerce retailers. You can now approach your consumers based on their interests, behavior, life events, and more. In addition, you can use Facebook advertising tools to promote your products and services.
If you want to create more than one ad within your ad set, you can:
- Open the Campaign tab of the app panel.
- Go to the Ad set and select the Ad set ID.
- A screen will appear where all your Facebook ads will be visible.
- To create a new ad, click on the button ‘Create Ad’ present on the right side of the screen.
- You will be redirected to Step-3 of the campaign setup, where you can create your ad.
- Once filled in the information, click on the Save button.
Wrapping it up
As a business, Facebook advertising is a crucial tool for expanding your reach on the web. It plays a vital role in your entire digital marketing by raising brand recognition, getting leads, and even turning users into buyers.
Now that you have learned how to create an ad campaign, it’s time to create one of your own so that you can boost your brand awareness and generate traffic and leads from your ideal prospects on the platform. Our eCommerce and marketing professionals are available for a free consultation if you feel the need for it. We are here to assist you at every step.