Step By Step Guide to Get Started With Facebook Ads and How to Scale Your Business With Them
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Imagine an ideal Facebook tool that helps you reach your targeted audience based on what they like, their interests, and their behaviors. Thus, making it easy for you to achieve your business goal. Doesn’t it sound interesting?
That’s what Facebook ads do for your business. The ads help brands like you to have extensive targeting options by creating a loyal customer base and generating leads and sales. Now, you can reach your potential customers not only based on demographic and age but also through their interests and shopping pattern.
To know more about how to get started with Facebook ads for your business, explore this step-to-step guide.
- Importance of Facebook Advertising for businesses
- What should be the structure of Facebook Ads Manager
- How to set up a Facebook Ad in simple steps?
- Things to consider while creating a Facebook Ad.
- Summing it up
Importance of Facebook Advertising for businesses
One of the many advantages of Facebook ads is that they give businesses enhanced opportunities to engage audiences. Ultimately leading to more growth, a higher retention rate, and eventually more sales. With 2.85 billion monthly active users, Facebook advertising is the best choice for you to grow your business. Within this extensive pool of people are your prospective buyers. You need to connect with them. With that said, a Facebook ad helps enterprises like you to achieve your desired result swiftly. Here’s how the Facebook Ad is advantageous for your business:
- Driving traffic to an active and engaged audience: Facebook being a social media platform, has a well-established set of audiences. Thus, by leveraging Facebook ads, you can now meet your customers where they are already present, drive traffic to your Shops and gain more sets of active followers on your profile.
- Target your customers based on demographic, interest, and behavior: A Facebook ad makes it convenient to expand your business reach by targeting your customers based on demographics. You can also promote your products by using Facebook advertising tools like text posts, photos, videos, etc.
- Increase post engagements: If you own a Facebook business page, you can increase engagements to your posts by boosting your Facebook page, adding a Call to action button like ‘Shop Now, ‘Avail Now.’ Doing this would help you to cater to your audience’s attention to your products and let you drive more profile visits and incremental sales to your business.
- Generate brand awareness: Most businesses have a Facebook or Instagram page to connect it with their audience. So, when you decide to increase your brand exposure and captivate your customers to your profile, Facebook ads help you do so in absolutely no time.
Retailers think that Facebook ads are “overwhelming.” If you’re one of them, maybe a little technology & our ad experts will help convince you otherwise.
What should be the structure of Facebook Ads Manager?
Fundamentally, Facebook ad runs in three parts:
- A Campaign: At the campaign level, you set your objective for advertising and the goals you want to achieve, such as driving more traffic, lead generation, engagement, awareness of your brand, etc.
- An Ad Set: At the ad set level, you decide your target strategies, such as budget and schedule. You have the liberty to include multiple ad sets under a single campaign. For each ad set, you can choose a different target audience based on location, gender, age, budget and schedule your ads accordingly.
- An Ad Itself: Conclusively, your ads are what your buyers or customers will see. First choose your ad creative that includes photos, text, videos, and a CTA through which your target audience discovers what you are trying to promote.
How to set up a Facebook Ad in simple steps?
Are you wondering how to set up a successful Facebook ad campaign? Explore to understand the fundamental of Facebook advertising and set up your first campaign on Facebook successfully.
Step 1: Select the Campaign Objective
Choosing the objective for your campaign is essential as Facebook uses this to determine other elements of your campaign like ad formats, bidding options, and much more. With that said, you should always select the objective that best reflects your desired outcome for the campaign. For example: If you are promoting a website, you will most likely be running a conversions campaign. OR. If your campaign’s end goal is to get the user’s details, you should select the lead generation objective instead.
Step 2: Give A Name To Your Ad Campaign
After selecting your campaign objective, you need to give a name to your Facebook ad campaign. This is considered a crucial step in the campaign creation process as it helps you adopt useful naming conventions and lets you easily organize your campaigns as you scale and run more of them. In this step, you can add:
- Your website name
- Your target audience
- Custom Audiences
- The type of Facebook ad
- Facebook Page.
Step 3: Understanding Facebook Audiences
Targeting your potential customers with Facebook ads is one of the key aspects to grow your business. Facebook has more than 160 million businesses using its platform every month to communicate with prospective customers. So, finding people who are most likely to be interested in your brand or product requires the use of Facebook’s audience feature.
In this step, you can select two options:
- Create a new Facebook target audience.
- Use a Saved Audience.
Step 4: Setup your ad placement
The next step for you is to decide the placement of your ads on Facebook and Instagram. Some of the ad placement options are:
- The Facebook Newsfeed (desktop view).
- Facebook Newsfeed (mobile view).
- Facebook right column ad.
- The audience network.
- Sponsored messages and Messenger inbox.
- Facebook stories, Instant Articles, In-stream videos.
- Instagram stories and feed.
Step 5: Set Up Your Campaign Budget
The next step is to set up your campaign budget.
Earlier, budgets for Facebook campaigns were always set at the ad set level. But a while back, Facebook introduced a feature that they call campaign budget optimization. This is where budgets are set at the campaign level.
With that said, you can set your overall campaign budget with campaign budget optimization or set a budget for each ad set individually.
- Campaign budgets: Set central ad budget with campaign budget optimization which manages your campaign budget across ad sets automatically.
- Ad set budgets: For specific ad sets you can choose to set individual budgets for more control over the campaign. For example, you can set different ads for different audience sizes and bid strategies.
You can also choose the budget in two categories i.,e, Daily Budget or a Lifetime Budget. Under the daily budget, you can set the average amount you want to spend on a campaign every day. Follows the lifetime budget where you can set the amount for the entire campaign.
You can decide your budget with the following factors:
- How much money you’ve are investing in your campaigns?
- What is the cost of your products?
- What do you want to achieve through the Facebook ad campaign?
- Till what time do you want to run the Facebook ad campaign.
Step 6: Set Up Your Facebook Ads
After setting up your budget, you can create your Facebook ad. Start with selecting your preferred Facebook ad type and insert your ad images and ad copy. Besides, you can choose the Facebook business page or your Instagram account to run your ads across Facebook surfaces. This would lead to an opportunity to grow your brand awareness and influence your business presence across the market. Some of the types of the Facebook ad are:
- Facebook Image Ad
- Facebook Video ads
- Carousel ads
- Facebook Dynamic ads
- Poll and Leads.
Things to consider while creating a Facebook Ad
Many brands use Facebook advertising as one of their main marketing channels. But by now you might be wondering what is the most effective way or what things you must take care of while creating an ad campaign for your brand. For a successful Facebook ad campaign, you need to understand more about the Facebook ad. Dive down to understand the thing you should consider while creating a Facebook ad:
Keep it to the Point
While designing an ad, keep your copy short and sharp because it’s much easier to remember and consume. As your audience will instantly read your message as soon as they glance over your ad. Getting the message right away, loud and clear.
Build a connection
If you want to get noticed & drive people’s interest in your ad, you need something they are interested in. Create such ads where people are seen using your products and getting benefited. For example: If you are a business that provides at-home grooming services then while creating your ad, you can include your customer’s experience about how cost-effective & time-saving it was while sitting in the comfort of their home. Human emotions are the most influential aspect of advertising. Bring that in.
Set the right goals/objectives
The first thing you need to do before you create your first Facebook ad campaign is to identify the metrics that matter most to your business. For example: If you are planning a campaign for App Installs: This campaign will be specific to apps that only work on Mobile. So, if you’re selling an app, this is perfect for you. This encourages people to install your app on their tablet or phone. It also tracks how many people install your app and how many people register and log into the app. So, whether to increase traffic, engagement, or brand awareness, different ad types serve different purposes.
Let experts guide you through
Not sure where to start your ad or how to set things up? Want to perceive what your competitors are up to and be on the top of the list? Then you need expert help to create your Facebook campaign smoothly, and our Social Media Wizards are here to help you at every step. Get the most out of your digital ad budget with CedCommerce. Create and manage all your Facebook ads in seconds from a single dashboard.
Summing it up
With the increased scope of social commerce, it is no surprise that most brands and businesses are diverting their attention to Facebook ads and discovering different ways to grow their reach across the Facebook family of apps. The new Facebook algorithm has only increased the importance of Facebook ads. It has now become way more convenient for you to recover your lost reach and gain more customers to your Shop without any hassle. So, buckle up and boost your business reach with a Facebook ad now! You can also connect with Facebook partners and schedule a meeting to have a seamless selling process across the platform.