Benefits and Risks Of Using Facebook Business Page
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
With more than 80 million small & medium-sized business successfully running, Facebook serves as a perfect business platform to reach and connect with potential customers. Here’s a list of all the advantages and disadvantages of Facebook Business page:
Benefits of Facebook For Business Page
- Brand Development & Awareness: Through Facebook business page you can expose your business to a global audience hence work on your brand development.
- Increased Website Traffic: A facebook business page serves as an ideal place to share backlinks and drive visitors back to your website.
- Targeted advertising: Easily reach to an audience of your choice filtering by location, age, sex, demographics & other criteria through Facebook advertising.
- Get Leads for your business: Keep a track of all those who like your Facebook Posts and page as they can turn out to be genuine leads for your business.
- Establish A Social Conversation With Clients: Through a business page on Facebook allows businesses to establish a perfect two-way communication with their customers.
- Get Business Insights: You can monitor all the metrics from your performance from your facebook page and can plan for a better strategy for the future.
- Increased engagements: The probability of engagements with potential clients increases multi folds on Facebook. Start building an audience & engagements will follow along.
- Search Engine Recognition: Google prefers to consider a credible source for SERP ranking, and Data shared on the Facebook business pages are given greater priority.
- Build A Community: You can easily build a community of individuals with similar interest and get to know all the insights and ideas of how to improve your performance.
Above are a few benefits of a Facebook for Business Page but unfortunately, there’s also a downside of using Facebook Business Page.
Risks of Using Facebook Business Page:
- Considerable Initial Investment: The process of setting up your Facebook business page can be quite tiresome and not only requires time but also hefty planning.
- Work Force: Managing a business on Facebook requires a lot of hard work and dedication. You need to gather a dedicated team & work with a planned campaign.
- Marketing Skills: You and your team member need to develop certain marketing skills and be able to plan & create engaging content that benefits your business needs.
- Limited Organic Reach: Due to its rapidly growing customer base, Facebook has introduced algorithms that limits the organic reach of your posts to a number of users only. You need to boost your posts to increase this number.
- Paid Advertising: To get the best results your business you need to opt for paid advertising which does require a budget and regular investments.
- No Customer Support: Now that’s really big risk of Using Facebook Business Page that Facebook doesn’t offer any support. You have to put your query on the help center and hope for other users to respond.
- Negative Reviews in Public: The two-way conversation does sometimes turn to be catastrophic for businesses if a customer posts any negative reviews or comments publicly.
Above are all the shortcomings and risks of using Facebook business page.
Now looking at the above benefits & risks of using Facebook for business, you must be looking for an answer to the question:
Is Facebook Good For Business?
The answer to this question basically depends on the type of business you are running:
- If you have a well-established business and can afford to invest in setting up cost, then Facebook is the best platform for business. Facebook has a very efficient ROI and will provide you with benefits if you are willing to invest.
- But, If you are a small business then Facebook might NOT be such a great platform to try especially in initial stages. In order to provide you with all you need, Facebooks asks you a lot and small businesses often find it quite challenging to survive.
- If you are an eCommerce business, then listing your products via Facebook business page can be perfect. All you need to do is create a Facebook Shop and then link your products through your business account. Redirect customers directly to your website for checkout hence increasing traffic for your store.
So it all boils down to the fact that there are numerous benefits of Facebook for business and especially when your business is eCommerce. Facebook can prove to be a great marketing tool which can have positive effects on business. But we could not decline to the fact that for new or small businesses there are a few challenges and risks of using Facebook for business too.