A Quick Set-up Guide to Connect Facebook Page to Instagram Shopping.
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
With Instagram Shopping, you can meet your potential customers, showcase your products, and enhance your social commerce around connections already made. But have you ever thought about the basic requirements to sell on Instagram Shopping?
If not, then here it is: One of the essential criteria to be applicable for Instagram Shopping is having a Facebook business Page. Explore further to understand everything that will help you to leverage the potentials of new social channels.
Everything about creating a Facebook business page?
The first step to sell on Instagram Shopping is to have a Facebook business page. Moreover, If you are already selling on Facebook Marketplace, you can connect your Facebook page with Instagram Shopping. But if you are new to Instagram or Facebook, then you must create a Facebook page.
Requirements of a Facebook business page
To create a Facebook business page, you need to adhere to the following requirements:
- You should be the admin to manage your Facebook page.
- Your Facebook business page should be published.
- You should sell physical products.
- You should follow the Merchant’s terms and conditions and abide by the Commerce Policies.
Note: The admin of the page can manage the page role and permission.
How to create a Facebook business page?
To create a Facebook business page, you must follow the set-up procedure as per the given steps:
- Visit the official website of Facebook and sign up for the Facebook page.
- Click on ‘Create Facebook Page’
- Select the ‘Category’ of Facebook Page. Choose ‘Business’ to set up your Facebook page for the business category.
- Click on ‘Get Started’
- Choose a username, mention your website URL.
- Add your business details like your address, phone number. The character limit is 255 characters.
- To fill up your business details, click on ‘Edit Page Info’
- After inputting your business information, you can ‘Continue.
- Choose a profile image and cover image that portrays your business.
- After setting up your Facebook page profile, Go to your profile and click on ‘Add a Button’ to add a CTA to your profile.
- Click on ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ to set up your Facebook business page.
You can also view your Facebook Page details such as the total number of visitors, page engagement, etc. through ‘Page Insight.’
How to set up a Facebook Page template?
If you want to sell on Instagram Shopping, you must ensure to have a ‘Shopping Template’ on your Facebook business page. Meanwhile, you can choose the ‘Shopping’ template for the Facebook business page, for this:
- Go to your ‘News Feed,’ click ‘Pages’ on the left.
- Go to your Page and click ‘Setting.’
- Click ‘Templates and Tabs’
- Under ‘Template,’ Choose the template as ‘Shopping.’
- Review the changes on your Facebook Page and click ‘Apply.”
In case you have selected a different template, you can click on ‘Edit’ under the Template and switch it to ‘Shopping.’
How to create a new product catalog?
The Facebook catalog features the products and holds the information of all the products that you want to sell across Facebook commerce surfaces. Let’s uncover how you can create a new Facebook product catalog.
- Through Catalog Manager: After setting up your Facebook business page, you can create a catalog with Catalog Manager. While creating a catalog, you have to upload the product one by one.
- Through Marketplace Connector- You can create a catalog and upload the products with the help of the Facebook listing partners. The Facebook and Instagram Shopping solution helps you establish your catalog through Commerce Manager and lets you upload your products in bulk. Thus reducing your workload and saving time.
How can you convert the Instagram account to a business account?
Having an Instagram business account allows you to provide more information about your product and business to your audience. However, to set-up your Instagram business profile, you need to follow specific steps:
- Download Instagram App: Download the latest version of your Instagram account.
- Signing up: Create your Instagram account with your mobile number, email address. You can also login using your Facebook account.
- Setting up your Instagram profile: Set up your Instagram profile with the username, profile images, etc. Your Instagram account should be a reflection of your business.
- Switch to Instagram Business profile: After setting up your Instagram profile, go to ‘Setting’ and scroll down to Switch to a Business account.
- Start posting the content- After having an Instagram business account, you can start posting the content using relevant hashtags in your captions.
In case you are opting for checkout on Instagram, you need to either connect your Instagram account or Facebook business page with Commerce Manager. Follow the next step to know more about the Commerce Manager.
The checkout on Instagram is currently available for the US merchants and will be rolling out in more countries.
How to setup Commerce Manager?
With a Commerce Manager, you can enable people to checkout on Facebook or Instagram. The checkout makes it easy for people to discover, browse, and complete their purchases without leaving the app.
To set up your store with checkout, you need to click on ‘Create your Commerce Account’ and follow 3 important steps:
First, provide the ‘Business information’ like business name, contact details, email address, etc. After this, connect your Facebook page with a commerce account and then with a Business Manager Account.
Next, set-up your shop policies which include adding a catalog to your Commerce Manager account, setting up your delivery option, and return policies.
Last, provide your bank account details and required information like your federal tax identification number, state tax id number, the business representative name, etc. to receive the payouts.
Note: Through the Commerce Manager, you have to upload the products manually.
Besides, you can configure your products with Commerce Manager all by yourself or connect with Facebook listing partners. The listing partners help you list your products on Facebook and Instagram Shopping by simplifying the onboarding process and letting you sell hassle-free across the platform.
How to connect the Facebook page with Instagram Shopping?
After setting up your Facebook page catalog, you can connect it with your Instagram Shopping profile. Nevertheless, you can connect your Instagram profile with the Facebook page from two places:
- To connect your Instagram Shopping business account with Facebook Page:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Click ‘Edit profile.’
- Under the section of ‘Public Business Information,’ Select ‘Page.’
- Connect your Facebook business page with your Instagram account and tap ‘Done.’
To connect your Facebook page with your Instagram business account:
- Go to your Facebook business page
- Click on ‘Page Setting’
- You will be provided with the list of options; click ‘Instagram’ from the left menu.
- Click ‘Connect Account’ to connect your Instagram profile with the Facebook page.
How to get approval for Instagram Shopping?
To get approval for Instagram Shopping, you need to follow certain conditions and a set-up procedure:
- Review the Instagram Policies
- Convert your Instagram personal account to business account
- Connect Instagram profile to the Facebook page.
- Add a catalog to your Facebook Page.
- Set up your Instagram business profile for the review.
Also, in case, your Instagram shopping account does not get approved, try to find out the reasons, and re-apply it following the right solution.
How can you tag products on Instagram?
After getting approval of Instagram Shopping, you can start tagging your products in posts, stories, and live features and initiate effortless selling across the platform. For adding tags in the posts, you simply have to ‘Select the image,’ tap the product in the image and ‘Enter the name of the product you want to tag’ with the image. Not to mention that you can tag up to 5 product tags per photo.
What Instagram Shopping holds in store for you?
Instagram Shopping reduces the hassle of purchasing, making it easier for shoppers to browse, discover, and buy products of their choice. Grab this opportunity to enhance your business and reach your targeted audience through Shopping.
In the event that you already leverage Facebook Marketplace, Instagram Shopping opens up another window for your brand to grow organically nonetheless from a single immersive shop setup. Have questions racing in your mind? Drop in the comments section and it will be taken care of.