Listing Optimization: How to optimize your Walmart Canada listings in 2022
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Quick Brief – Walmart Canada is a curated marketplace with an average of 600,000 daily visitors. With the ease of onboarding, especially for the Walmart Us sellers, selling on Walmart Canada is a lucrative idea for serving an enormous customer base searching for the products you sell. When selling your products next to the wide assortment sold on Walmart Canada, it is vital to keep your Walmart Canada Store Listing optimized for shopping trends among the shoppers and growing competition among sellers. Therefore, with this blog, we present the constituents of a great Walmart Canada Store Listing, the Top 5 facts about selling on Walmart Canada, and most importantly, solutions on how to optimize your Walmart Canada Listings in 2022.
What to do before starting with optimizing Walmart Canada Listings?
One important aspect that needs to be worked upon prior to beginning optimization of Walmart Canada Listings is thorough keyword research. Proper keyword research is a key element of a successful optimization strategy on Walmart Ca. Research and list the words your potential customers use to search for products that you list on Walmart Canada. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, Google Trends, etc. to find out keywords with a high search volume and incorporate them into your copy. Put the most important keyword you want to target in the product title and relevant long-tail keywords in the product description of your listings on Walmart Canada.
How to optimize Walmart Canada listings in 2022?
When you have a 600,000 customer base to serve, just getting your item listed on Walmart Canada isn’t enough. So, the only question arises, How to optimize Walmart Canada listings in 2022?
To answer this question, listed below are practical solutions to help you optimize your Walmart Canada Listings in 2022:
Write a descriptive title per the search engines’ requirements and useful for the customer’s point of view.
Consider the following points while writing title tags for your products on Walmart Canada:
- Include the product name in the title tag.
- Keep the Title tag between 50-60 characters long. Remember that all titles on Walmart Canada include the term “Walmart Canada”, so leave 16 characters for that.
- Use sentence case or upper case in the first letter of most words you use there.
- Use a primary keyword and, if possible, a secondary keyword too.
- In title tags, use words that customers mostly use when searching for the products you sell on Walmart Canada.
- Don’t copy titles already used on any other website.
- Do not include symbols like Trademark (™️) or Registered Trademark (®️) while writing the titles.
Consider the pointers given below while writing the meta description for your products on Walmart Canada:
- Keep the meta description within the 165 characters’ limit.
- Try to include the key benefits of your product in the meta description.
- Include the focus keywords naturally in the description. Also, include the secondary keywords, if possible. And try including long-tail keywords with a high search volume.
Consider the points given below while creating the URL for your products on Walmart Canada:
- Keep URL length within 60 characters.
- Keep the URL simple and relevant.
- Write URL in small letters.
To ensure perfect readability, a 50 to 75-character-long product title does the magic to ensure perfect readability. A more extended product title limit may miss out on ranking higher on the search results. This word count seems too low as Walmart is very particular about the product information to be shown to the customers.
An ideal product title = Brand Name + Size Group (if applicable) + Defining Quality + Item Name + Style (if applicable) + Pack Count
Consider the following points while writing a title description:
- Keep the title within 50 – 75 characters.
- Try to provide a creative name for your product that other sellers haven’t used.
- Don’t use special characters or symbols.
- Incorporate a few good attributes that describe your product.
- Include the primary keyword for your listed product.
- Optionally insert the color in the title If your product’s color is something that buyers are more likely to look for. Avoid in case your item has a variant group. When your product has a variant, include the color of the product along with the product’s name in the description.
Product Long Description
Describe the product in-depth. Product description provides you the freedom of writing a paragraph ranging from 1000 to 4000 characters. If you want to describe in the form of bullet points, then write 10 to 30 features and benefits in the form of a list. You can quickly bring this section to your advantage and highlight some tips or facts about your product.
Consider the following points while writing long descriptions:
- Keep the word limit of this section between 1000-4000 characters.
- Use headings and paragraphs while describing your product.
- Include your product’s key benefits and features in paragraph or list form.
- Incorporate product name, brand name, and the words customers can use while searching for the products you sell.
- Do not stuff the keywords unnecessarily.
- Use product’s synonym keywords (if any).
- Avoid any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Keep your description unique and useful for customers.
- Use facts and figures to depict your expertise and show how customers can use your product.
- Use a clear and conversational tone while writing the description.
High-Quality Product Images
Pictures play a significant role in the eCommerce world as they are responsible for 50% of decision-making. This makes it vital to upload high-quality images. Adding attractive, high-quality images helps in enhancing the product’s authenticity. It is so because the buyers cannot physically touch the product and highly rely upon what they see in the image. Adding multiple photos of the same product from different angles increases conversion rates. Uploading multiple high-quality images gives buyers the idea of what they can expect from your product.
Consider the following points while uploading product images:
- For the image file name, use a descriptive name.
- Incorporate an important characteristic in the image name.
- Write a short and descriptive alt text.
- Use attractive, high-quality pictures that attract potential buyers.
- Do not use boundaries for your product images.
- The images should be professionally photographed with good angles and lighting.
- Do not show accessories other than the product that you are not selling.
- None of your product images should violate Walmart’s Trust & Safety standards. This specifically applies to products like CDs & DVDs.
- Do not use images that contain illustrations, watermarks, logos, graphics, texts, or overlays.
- Use the white background of every image.
While searching for a particular item on Walmart, product attributes appear on the left-hand side. Walmart helps you in defining your product attributes with over 24 categories. This is one of the most vital pieces of information for the buyers as they can filter attributes to search for the product of their choice. But, do not forget that your products will be visible in the narrowed filter results only if you mention the critical term as an attribute.
Product attributes make it easier for you to define your products in a better way. They are of the following two types:
- Variant attributes
- Recommended/Optional attributes
Variant attributes help you map Shopify store attributes (like color, size, etc.) with those of Walmart. They help in improving the visibility of your products on Walmart.
Recommended/Optional attributes are the additional and optional attributes (like manufacturer name, model number, gender, ingredients, etc.). Adding relevant attributes to your products helps you rank better and boost SEO on Walmart.
Once your product is presented as per the aforementioned vital factors, the following criteria for the top ranking of your product will be its “price.” Competitive pricing for your product helps it win the buy-box and maximize sales. The “inventory report” shows the price quoted by you versus the Walmart buy box winners. This data allows you to know where your product stands in the competition.
Work to gain Positive Product Reviews
Lastly, customer reviews are also vital for ranking that can make or break the sale! Therefore, Positive feedback helps in building credibility for your product and improving your rankings. After every sale, try to reach out to customers and ask them to leave their reviews on your product page. Do not forget to reach out to unsatisfied customers and address their problems.
Ensuring on-time delivery of the product is proven fruitful in gaining positive reviews. On the contrary, late shipping adds negative reviews on your products, creating a negative impression overall.
- How to Improve your Seller Metrics on Walmart Canada?
- How to build a successful eCommerce business on Walmart Canada?
- Ship with Walmart and Sell Cross Border from the US to Canada
- Ship Products from the US to Canada with the Ship With Walmart program
Optimize your Walmart Canada listings into French
Now using the Seller Center translation services feature, you can also translate your Walmart Canada listings into French. This helps you maximize your product’s visibility and reach more customers on Walmart Canada. Look for eligible items for the free translation feature available in the Seller Center.
How to convert Walmart Canada listings into French?
Follow the steps given below to convert listings into French:
- Go to the Walmart Seller Center.
- Click Translation Services under the Items & Inventory from the left-hand navigation menu.
- If you see the message “You have items eligible for our free translation service,” you have certain items that can be translated into French for Free. For the items that are not on the list of eligible items for free translation, you can use any other translation services available online.
- The translated catalog gets automatically uploaded once the translation gets completed. If you need some edits in the French-translated catalog, you can easily download and edit it.
Note: Your most visible items are eligible for free translation into French. Since the visibility of your different Walmart products may change from time to time, keep a check on your items eligible for the free French translation.
As selling on Walmart Canada means owning a considerable customer base, it is a massive opportunity to gain profits; therefore, getting your products to rank higher increases the possibility of a potential customer seeing your item over the others. This is why it is necessary to Optimize your Walmart Canada listings in 2022.