Why Should Shopify Merchants Shift their Focus to Facebook Marketplace?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Do you want to connect your Shopify store to Facebook? Are you struggling to figure out how to sell products on Facebook using Shopify? You might be having your Shopify store already in operation; and must be looking for ways to enhance your brand’s presence through multi-channel selling across Facebook surfaces.
Combine the power of Shopify with Facebook Marketplace to increase your sales because; “You can’t wait for customers to come to you. You have to be available where they are.”- Additionally, with Marketplace, Facebook offers brands and businesses to meet their customers where they already are.
Read further to know why you should shift your business across Facebook surfaces and how to sell effortlessly across the platform.
- Why should Shopify merchants extend their shops across Facebook surfaces?
- What can you do with Facebook Marketplace?
- How to connect your Shopify store to Facebook Marketplace?
- Summing it up
Why should Shopify merchants extend their shops across Facebook surfaces?
Currently, people are living in an era where online shopping has become a necessity. As a result, merchants are looking for an alternative that supports their business. Through all these years, Facebook has made several innovations such as Facebook Shops and Marketplace for the SMBs and brands to increase their product reach and enhance their presence among the right audience.
With Facebook & Instagram Shopping, you can showcase your Shopify products on Facebook Marketplace without much of a hassle; and can sell effortlessly among the connections already made on Facebook. Besides, it enables you to leverage the Checkout on Facebook, easy account set-up, seamless onboarding, secure communication, robust order management tools, and seller resources to support you in and out.
Sell your Shopify products on Facebook surfaces and drive discovery and sales through connections already made on Facebook.
Facebook Shops for business
Facebook has recently launched Facebook Shops; making it easier for you to list your products and manage inventories. People can now navigate to your shop and buy products.
Your shop allows you to customize your product inventory, communicate with buyers through messenger, showcases reviews and ratings from customers, and help view insights about your listings on Facebook.
Order management tools
Facebook Marketplace provides you with the additional facility of order management tools to enhance your selling experience. If you are selling across Facebook surfaces through the listing partners, you can leverage the features of order management tools. Some of the tools offered are-
- Onsite checkout: You can purchase products from Facebook surfaces without having to leave the App.
- Sales tax management: Through Facebook tools, you can calculate the sales tax on your product category and delivery addresses of the customers.
- Regular updates: Shoppers get notified at regular intervals, making it easy for them to track their orders.
Checkout on Facebook is currently limited to US merchants and is rolling out to more regions.
A personalized shopping experience
Facebook Marketplace helps customers connect to the product of their choice by tracking the user’s activity. It provides specific results to the customers by showing relevant content based on variables such as products of their interest and clicks.
Low selling fees
On Facebook Marketplace, you can sell in a minimal amount as setting up your shop on Facebook is free of cost and requires no listing fees. Thus, providing you with an opportunity to list unlimited inventories on the platform. Once you make a sale, you have to pay a transaction fee of 5% for a product of more than $8; or $0.40 for the transaction for the products under $8. (Currently, there is no commission fee.)
To support small and medium businesses during the unprecedented Pandemic times, Facebook has waived off the selling fees for all the orders until 30th June, 2022.
Facebook Marketplace offers you a variety of selling opportunities
Connecting with Facebook surfaces opens the door for you to sell across various platforms like Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, and Shops. Now you can explore your business and increase your product reach through Live sessions, Stories, or Ads.
Also, the Facebook sales channel allows understanding your most engaged audience as a step to reach more shoppers. Thus, creating a positive buying experience and allows seamless shopping to the shoppers.
What can you do with Facebook Marketplace?
Today more than 1 in 3 people on Facebook in the US use Marketplace each month to buy and sell products. Now, you can boost your product sales, drive more revenue, and checkout from within the app through Facebook Marketplace. It helps you-
- Connect products to people- Facebook Marketplace is working to provide its customers with a better shopping experience by surfacing relevant products and helping businesses reach the right customers.
- Engage shoppers through visual merchandising- You can connect with your customers by displaying your products on your Shops; increasing your product sales and growing your business.
- Various payment methods- You can initiate payment through multiple modes like credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal account. Facebook has also launched Facebook Pay, allowing customers to pay through Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, and Messenger.
Facebook Pay is currently available for US merchants if they have enabled onsite checkout.
How to connect your Shopify store to Facebook Marketplace?
You can sell on Facebook Marketplace by either setting up your Shop via Facebook or with the listing partners. If you sell with the other platforms which aren’t yet partnered with Facebook; you can onboard through Facebook & Instagram Shopping and get your products listed on behalf of platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and others.
Setting up a Shop with Facebook
You can experience effortless selling across Facebook surfaces by establishing your Shop with the help of the Commerce Manager. To create a Shop on Facebook-
- You must have a Facebook Business Account.
- Create a Facebook Page with your business name.
- Register your account with the Commerce Manager to set up a shop with Checkout.
- Follow Facebook Merchant’s terms and conditions.
- Select Shop Tab on your Facebook page.
- Follow the instructions to add a shop to your Facebook Page and add your products.
- You can add products manually or with the help of CSV files.
- As soon as you add products, your shop will automatically be verified.
Link your Shopify products on Facebook Marketplace through Facebook & Instagram Shopping
Connect your Shopify store to Facebook Marketplace with the help of Facebook partners and leverage the features of Facebook & Instagram Shopping; which will ease your work and save your time to sell effortlessly on the platform without any hassle. Besides, Facebook & Instagram Shopping provides checkout on Facebook; and helps you with simplified product listings on Marketplace, real-time inventory synchronization, and order management.
To list your Shopify products to Facebook Marketplace-
- Download the Facebook & Instagram Shopping from the Shopify App Store.
- After installing the application, connect the app with Facebook Account.
- Choose the Facebook Page on which you wish to set up your Shop.
- Configure Commerce Manager on your Facebook Shop.
- Set up Default Mapping and import your products on the App.
- Upload products in bulk or create profiles to showcase the products on Facebook Marketplace.
After your products are uploaded, you need to get approval from Facebook. Once verified, you can showcase your products across Facebook surfaces and sell hassle-free.
Perks of selling with Facebook & Instagram Shopping
Facebook & Instagram Shopping assists you in establishing your business on Facebook Marketplace, reducing your workload and provide hassle-free selling on Facebook. It helps you-
- Manage your orders from Facebook Marketplace through Shopify on a centralized dashboard.
- Bulk Upload your product listings from the Shopify store to Facebook Marketplace in a single click.
- Synchronize your inventory across both platforms and keep your shop updated with the latest orders and sales.
- Assist and help in getting Marketplace approvals, handle errors and simplify support from Facebook
Summing it up
The evolving Facebook Business with the brand new features and latest updates; setting up shops on Facebook Marketplace has become effortless. With the Facebook Marketplace; brands can quickly promote their products to a much broader audience, scale their commercial enterprise, and boost their social commerce.
So, what are you waiting for?
Grab this opportunity to connect your Shopify store to Facebook Marketplace. In case you’ve got any questions; drop down your comment below.
8 thoughts on “Why Should Shopify Merchants Shift their Focus to Facebook Marketplace?”
I was wondering what the pricing structure is for linking my spotify account with my Facebook Marketplace account. I also wanted to confirm that it would be with Facebook Marketplace and not Facebook Shop.
The Facebook & Instagram Shopping app is available free of cost. Through the app you can sell effortlessly across Facebook surfaces. For the toime-being you have to manage your business across Facebook Marketplace manually as we are not offering this feature currently. Besides, to make your selling process seamless across the platform, the app is equipped with features like:
-> Centralized order management.
-> Product bulk-upload
-> Automated synchronization of inventory.
-> Enhanced catalogue and much more
Also, get in touch with our experts or check out https://apps.shopify.com/facebook-marketplace-connector.
Can you give me information regarding the shopify to facebook marketplace connector?
Hope you are doing great.
To help you sell effortlessly across the Facebook family of apps: Facebook Shops, Instagram Shopping, Page Shop; we have a solution of Facebook & Instagram Shopping app. The app is equipped with features like:
-> Centralized order management.
-> Automated inventory synchronization.
-> Bulk product listings and much more.
Also, for any further assistance, you can get in touch with our experts or check out https://apps.shopify.com/facebook-marketplace-connector.
I have done all the steps to get my products to load into Marketplace, but only a few are showing. I can type my shop name into marketplace, only about 10 out of 800 are showing on marketplace??? Far as I can tell all of my products from Shopify are in my Facebook shop? Do you have any idea what would cause this?
I would request you to please review the Channel Tab in the Commerce Manager. If the option of Marketplace is available there, then your products are available on Facebook Marketplace. Else, please contact Facebook Support regarding this issue.
I hope this helps.
After I link shopify to facebook marketplace, shopify products are also shown on facebook. When a customer sees the item on facebook and clicks on it, are they automatically directed to shopify and purchase it through shopify ?
Thank you for putting up this query. Yes when you connect your Shopify store to Facebook, all your products will start to appear on Facebook. So when your buyer will click on it, he is able to purchase it on Facebook itself if you are in the US. Facebook commerce in the US supports in-app checkout, so every time somebody clicks on any of your products on Facebook, they can add it to the cart and pay there itself through the checkout button.
However if your business does not belong to the US, the checkout will not work and when the buyer clicks on the product he will purchase the item from your Shopify store – Facebook will navigate biuyers to your website.
Still have any question, get connected with our expert over Skype or Whatsapp (+91-8826798527) to resolve your query.
Have a nice day!