How to Sell on Walmart.com Marketplace with Shopify Integration
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
The Walmart.com Marketplace is a trendy e-commerce brand. Thus, upon integrating your Shopify store, it provides you a platform to boost your product visibility multiple times. Shopify Integration is easy to set up, and even layman won’t find it hard to traverse. Additionally, Shopify comes with hundreds of professional templates to build a visually appealing online store, which makes Walmart Shopify Integration, all the more appealing. Explore more to find out how to sell on Walmart.com Marketplace with Shopify. The earlier you do Shopify Walmart integration, the easier it is for you to stay ahead of the competition.
- Why Sell on Walmart.com Marketplace?
- How to Sell on Walmart.com Marketplace with Shopify?
- Shopify Walmart Integration Installation Process
- Category Mapping
- Attribute Mapping
- Manage Products
- Edit Product Information
- Upload Products on Walmart
- Update Product Price on Walmart
- Get Product Status from Walmart
- Synchronize Products with Shopify Store
- Bulk actions on Selected Products
- Manage Lag Time
- Manage Promotional Pricing
Image Credit – Shopify
Walmart Shopify Integration app synchronizes Shopify Store with Walmart. With the help of APIs provided by Walmart, the app creates a channel facilitating the synchronization of product inventory and orders, updating the product’s information, etc. Hence it helps you manage the products from your Shopify store itself.
Why Sell on Walmart.com Marketplace?
- Endless exposure
- Pay only when you make a sale
- Transactions are safe and fast
- Exceptional customer service
- Insights about sales and customers
How to Sell on Walmart.com Marketplace with Shopify?
Irrespective of the framework you use for selling online, first, you need to be approved by the Walmart. It is essential since Walmart selects quality sellers that can impart a great customer experience to its customer base. If you’re still not selling on Walmart, you can apply here. From thereupon, to get Walmart Integration, several third-party solution providers can help you in all the letter-and-spirit.
Here onwards, the process of running Shopify Integration is explained lucidly to ensure it covers every aspect of how to sell on Walmart.com Marketplace?
Furthermore, once you’re approved, you get Walmart API keys, these include:
- Customer Id
- Secret Key
- Consumer Channel Id
Now, Visit the APPS section of your Shopify Store and Type Walmart Integration, then proceed with the installation process.
Shopify Walmart Integration Installation Process
The first step to knowing about how to sell on Walmart is Walmart’s integration installation process. To install the Walmart Integration app, visit Walmart-marketplace-integration. From there, click the GET option (The app asks permission for approving the data access of their Shopify stores using API).
After that, click on the INSTALL APP option.
Thus, after the app installation, you can begin the configuration process.
Walmart App Configuration Setup
Furthermore, to successfully integrate your Shopify Store with the Walmart marketplace and to start selling on the Walmart marketplace, few settings are required to be configured.
Walmart App Registration Process
The first step of the configuration process is the Registration step. Here the merchants need to enter their details like name, company address, revenue, e-mail, contact number, etc. the Registration page looks like this.
Enter Walmart API
To successfully integrate your Shopify Store with Walmart and start selling on it, you need to provide Walmart Consumer ID and Walmart Secret Key.
After that, click the”Next” button.
To obtain Walmart Consumer Id and API Secret Key, the merchant needs to login to Walmart Seller Panel. Click on the Settings icon > API option.
Copy the “Consumer ID” and click on the “Regenerate Key” button to regenerate the secret key from your Walmart seller panel.
When you click on the “Regenerate Key” button then, a popup appears. Click “Yes, Regenerate Key” button, a new Secret Key is generated.
After that, copy “Consumer ID” and “Secret Key” one by one, then paste these in the respective fields of the Walmart Integration app’s configuration settings. Now that the integration of the Shopify store is complete with Walmart importing products on Walmart from Shopify Store is the third step.
Import Products from Shopify Store
Now you need to import products from your Shopify Store. There are three options on how you can import the products.
- All Products Import – Use this option to import all the products from Shopify Store to the App.
- Published Products Import – This option is used to import all products from Shopify that are live at the front end.
- Select Import Options – This option enables the merchants to import only those products that they wish to by selecting them.
To sell on the Walmart.com marketplace, it is mandatory to correctly map the categories of Shopify store products with corresponding Walmart categories. It’s vital to map to the right categories, or your products would not appear in its desired place in the search results.
Walmart has two-level deep categories means more chances of product visibility.
During the category mapping, it is also required of merchants to input the Walmart Tax Codes, which could be retrieved by clicking on ‘Click here to get the Tax Code.’ The category mapping page looks like this.
Once Category mapping is complete, the next vital step to sell on Walmart is to map the attributes. It applies to products having variants; for example, a T-shirt can have variants such as color, size.
It requires merchants to map the attributes of Shopify products with corresponding attributes available on Walmart. The attribute mapping page looks like this.
With this step, the onboarding step or the App configuration setup gets completed.
This section of the app gives all power to the merchants for product management. Merchants can edit product information, upload products on Walmart, update product prices on Walmart, update product inventory on Walmart, fetch product status from Walmart, Synchronize products with Shopify store, get promo price status from Walmart, validate products and perform bulk actions on the product.
To reach this section from the Walmart Integration app,
- Navigate to the navigation menu on the left side and click on the product.
- In the drop-down list, click on Manage Product.
- Here you can find all your products listed with every corresponding detail except the ones which do not have a mapping to the Walmart Category. The page looks like this.
Edit Product Information
The app enables merchants to edit product information right from the app. To edit any product, click on Manage Product
- Open the manage products page.
- Choose the product whose information needs to be updated and click on the icon corresponding to that product.
- A page displaying all details of product information appears. Do the changes.
- Before making any changes in the product information, Please disable the syncing of that particular information from app settings. The page looks like this.
Upload Products on Walmart
The app enables merchants to select their choice of products from all products and upload them to Walmart. To upload from the Walmart integration, go to the navigation menu on the left and click on Products. From the drop-down list,
click on Manage Products. All products get listed with all the details. Now select the checkbox on the left side of the product grid corresponding to the products that you need to list on Walmart.
If you want to select all products, then select the checkbox adjacent to SKU. Once required products selected, click on “Upload Product” from the “Select Bulk Action” drop-down and click on the Action button, as shown on the page below.
Update Product Price on Walmart.com Marketplace
The app updates the price of Walmart from the app. Here is how to update from the Walmart integration,
- Go to the navigation menu on the left side and click on Products.
- From the drop-down list, click on Manage Products. All products get listed with all the details.
- Click on “Update Price” from the “Select Bulk Action” drop-down and click on the Action button.
Update Product Inventory on Walmart
Now to update the inventory on Walmart follow the below steps
- Go to the navigation menu on the left and click on Products.
- In the drop-down list, click on Manage Products. All products get listed with all the details.
- Now, Click on the “Update Inventory” from the “Select Bulk Action” drop-down and click on the Action button.
Get Product Status from Walmart
To fetch the correct product status from the Walmart integration,
- Go to the navigation menu on the left and click on Products.
- From the drop-down list, click on Manage Products.
- Now, Click on “Upload Product Status” from the “Select Bulk Action.” Click on the Action button.
Synchronize Products with Shopify Store
Synchronize your products with Shopify Store from the app as below
- Go to the navigation menu on the left side and click on Products.
- From the drop-down list, click on Manage Product.
- Click on ‘Sync with Shopify.’
- A dialog box appears, check all the required fields you want to sync and click the sync button.
Bulk actions on Selected Products
The app enables merchants to perform following bulk actions on selected products from the manage product page. Select the products and select the option to be performed in bulk from Select Bulk Action drop-down and click on Action button adjacent to it.
- Upload Product: Uploads all selected products on Walmart marketplace
- Upload Promotional Price: Uploads promotional prices of the selected products on Walmart marketplace
- Retire Product: Unpublish selected products from Walmart
- Update Price: Update prices of selected products from Walmart
- Update Inventory: Updates inventories of selected products on Walmart
- Sync with Shopify: It can sync product data from Shopify to the app
Repricing is an exciting feature of Walmart marketplace that enables merchants to update the price of your products according to the best marketplace price of another seller on Walmart.
Moreover, repricing helps merchants win the Buy Box and can be applied only to the Published products. In Walmart Integration App, go to the navigation menu on the left and click on Products menu, from the drop-down list click on Repricing.
From the page that appears, you can enable repricing by selecting the product and clicking on ‘Go for Repricing.’ You can reach to Walmart Repricing Section page.
On this page, you can see the product SKU, BuyBox Winner, and Repricing status.
Then click on the Save button. Repricing gets enabled, as depicted in the following image:
Manage Lag Time
Our app lets merchants manage lag time right from the App. In the Walmart Integration app, go to the navigation menu on the left side and click on the Products menu. From the drop-down list, click on ‘LagTime.’ The page appears like this:
Now click the checkbox adjacent to products and select the ‘Update Lag Time’ from drop-down then click on Action button. Once you click, the following page appears from where you can easily update and save lag time for products.
Manage Promotional Pricing
Putting up a promotional price is an evergreen strategy to attract more customers for your business. It could be done for a clearance sale or to call out a comparison price.
Promotional feature rules:
- Merchants can set up up to 10 promotions for an item at a time in API.
- Merchants must provide the Promotions Status, Promo Price, Promo Start Date, and Promo End Date.
- The end date of a given promotion should be 365 days from the current date and time.
- For any SKU, a promotion end date can’t be before or equal to the promotion start date.
- Promotions should be set up at least 4 hours before the start date.
- Delete promotions by setting the Promotions Status as Delete All.
From the Walmart Integration app, go to the navigation menu on the left and click on ‘ Promotional Price,’ which appears in the drop-down option under ‘Product.’ The page appears below with the products listed.
Now click the checkbox adjacent to the product name and update (upload or remove) the promotional price. Then click on ‘Upload Promotional Price’ or ‘Remove Promotional Price.’ The page appears as below
You can instantly fetch any new order created on Walmart, on the Shopify Walmart Integration App. Now the very same order is created on the Shopify store so that merchants can view its details and fulfill them. Also, it imports only ready state orders in the App.
From Walmart Integration App, go to the navigation menu on the left and click on Order Menu. Further, from the drop-down list, click on Sales Orders. From the page, you can fetch new orders from Walmart by clicking on the ‘Fetch Orders’ button.
To synchronize all orders with your Shopify Store, click on the ‘Sync Orders’ button. IT creates newly fetched orders on the Shopify store.
To update shipment information of order on Walmart, click the ‘Sync Shipment’ button.
To view order details, click on the View icon corresponding to a particular product whose details you want to view. The page appears with the following information.
To view failed orders, go to the Order menu and click on failed orders, it redirects you to the page with failed orders. The page appears below.
I hope now it is easy for online sellers to easily manage their products on the store and quickly sell on Walmart. In case you have any doubts about how to sell on Walmart.com Marketplace, let us know.
Other essential aspects which are crucial to selling on Walmart are :
- How To Create A Great Walmart Item Listing
- Avoid THESE mistakes to make your products live at Walmart earlier than your competitor.
- How to Rank your Products up at Walmart
- What makes your Products Not Get Published at Walmart
And to read, the functionality of the Walmart App integration, proceed here.