In old days for selling craft supplies, vintage and handmade items were all about fairs and craft shows. But now every thing is changed You can sell and buy these types of items from Etsy marketplace.
Etsy provides a marketplace and community for individual who wants to sell craft. The popular product category on Etsy are handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items. These product categories covers a wider range of items like Clothing, Health & Beauty, Home Improvement & Appliances, Jewelry, food, photography, art etc.
Etsy has more than 54 million registered active users and it is connected with 1.9 million active sellers with 31.7 million active buyers. It has more than 29 million products listed on its website. The revenue of Etsy of quarter 3 of 2017 is $106.38 million and the revenue growth percentage rate in quarter 3 of 2017 is 21.49%.
According to Statista, After Amazon Etsy is the most popular marketplace in U.S.A. Etsy’s rating is 6.07 in Jan. 2017. Etsy marketplace operates in countries and cities: United States,San Francisco, Berlin, Germany, Dublin, Ireland, Hudson, London, United Kingdom, Paris, France, Canada, Toronto.
The Buyer Persona found on Etsy marketplace are 33%Mens, 67% Womens, 69% Have no children, 50% have ages between 18-34.
Why Sell On Etsy Marketplace?
Before, most crafters and craftsmen sold their products at fairs, open markets, and on consignment. While the Web opened ways to achieving buyers past their neighborhood, specialists didn’t need the problem of setting up their own particular website, Mastercard processor or ecommerce marketplace to offer their merchandise on the web. While eBay and other online business DIY destinations helped, Etsy gave a commercial center, particularly to crafters.
Etsy enables every dealer to set-up a modified online “shop” with full internet business abilities by utilizing its basic set-up wizard. It’s simple, quick, moderate, and a effective method to achieve customers.
How much does it cost to Sell On Etsy?
Etsy marketplace offers an exhaustive online business stage and installment framework on which people can offer the item. To make an Etsy online store, it costs $0.20 per thing recorded. For instance, in the event that you offer hand-made pieces of jewelry and rundown four of a similar kind, the charge will be $0.80 (4 X $0.20).
Over this expense, there is a 3.5% exchange expense, and if sellers choose to utilize Etsy’s “Immediate Checkout” include, a 3% charge is charged on every exchange.
Contrasted with the costs of setting up a website with a shopping cart, and getting a merchant account (which likewise charges handling expenses), Etsy is a reasonable option. Further, in light of the fact that Etsy is a known online marketplace for handmade merchandise, it has an instant market.
How To Sell On Etsy Marketplace?
Step 1: Get Started
- Create an account and read all the policies to ensure that offering products on Etsy is ideal for you and your business.
- When you have an Etsy account, make your open profile and bio.
Step 2: After Creating Profile Create Your Own Shop
- Click the Sell on Etsy at the upper right of the site or Open a shop at the base left.
- Take after the incite to choose your shop dialect, country, and currency.
- Pick your shop name.
- Make your first posting. It can be for a physical thing or a computerized record.
- Choose which payment methods to acknowledge.
- Include your billing info. You may need to enter your credit or platinum card, PayPal, as well as bank points of interest.
Step 3: After Creating Your Shop Utilize the sections of the shop
- Include your shop policies.
- Upload your shop logo and cover photograph.
- Create your shop’s About area.
- Utilize Shop Segments to sort out your things so purchasers can discover their way around your shop.
Step 4: Next Step is Advertising, Branding, and Advancement of Shop
- Ensure you’re optimizing your shop for Etsy Search. Try to include your area with the goal that your shop can be found in nearby quests.
- Offer rebates to your purchasers with deals and coupons.
- Think about promoting your shop through paid publicizing.
- Locate a neighborhood make reasonable or advertise where you can offer your products.
Step 5: Managing the shop
- Ensure you take after these accepted procedures so you’re met all requirements for Etsy’s Dealer Insurance Approach.
- Realize what to do when you make your first deal.
- Read about Etsy’s Survey framework.
- Deal with your shop in a hurry utilizing the Offer on Etsy application.
- Enjoy a reprieve from your shop when required.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts guidelines at Etsy.com
Let’s start with what not to do.
- Don’t spam your customer: Don’t send your customer too many spam emails or messages.
- Don’t tell your the customer that you think something bad: If you don’t have items which customer exactly wants then try to convey according to your the item which you have.
- Don’t feel that you should need facebook twitter blog before you sell on Etsy: These things are good but it may take time to get hang of.
- Don’t put bad images on Etsy: Before listing images on Etsy make sure that make sure that all image should look attractive. You can edit your image using free photo editor. We suggested you use the white background of every item.
- Don’t leave bad feedback: If someones leave bad feedback on Etsy than make it as a feature.
- Don’t Copy: Don’t Copy someone’s work who really done well. The buyer thinks that original as well and copied is not good as the original.
- Don’t worry about no sales.
- Don’t compare your sale with another sale because both sell different products.
So What you should do?
- Answer politely: If your customers want to know about and ask the question then reply them nicely. This includes people ask you question numerous times.
- Say thank you when someone orders from your shop: Whenever you get the order then respond them thank you and let them know the order is posted.
- Be active team member: Try to be the active team member of your team. Try to participate in maximum activities.
- Make your shop’s look perfect: When customers come first at your site then try to provide the good look of your shop.
- Follow Etsy’s rules: Follow all the Term and condition provided by Etsy.
- Price: Set your price including all the fees and expenses which you have done.
- Marketing of Product: The unique item which you have made why customer buy? The customer should know what they are buying?
- Look at your product critically: The product you are selling it is original? People get excited or not? The product you are selling is unique or you can get it from anywhere else?
- Provide Discount: Provide the discount to the customer who buys several times on your shop. You can make coupon over Etsy and provide discount the customers.
- Make your postage accurate at different places: Put your postage price if you need. Don’t make money from them. Take the items to the post office and get them weighed.
- Fill your all shop policies: Make sure all the policies of your shop should be filled. What about the returns? What are the postage times? Describe every thing related to your policies.
- Check your convos regularly: Check you convos daily and reply them as soon as possible. Your customer may from the different country. If some ask to try to reply as soon as possible.
- Brand Everything: Brand every item which you are selling on Etsy. There should be no confusion to the customer related to the brand. So that they can tell their friends about your brand.
- Detailed description: Try to provide the detailed description to your product. Presentation of the product should be good. You should describe your product as accurate as possible.
Established in 2010, CedCommerce is an E-commerce web development agency and popular among 3000+ users for its multichannel integration extensions. The Company is the official partner of Walmart, Newegg, Sears, and Fruugo and enables these platforms to add 3P sellers to their marketplaces. We also provide Etsy Integration on different platforms which allows easy product export, synchronize inventory, automate orders, etc.
Want to sell on Marketplaces, Read below Articles:
1. Step by Step Guide to selling on Walmart Marketplace
2. Complete Guide to Sell on Jet.com and Ace your Competitors
3. Easiest Way to Start Your MultiVendor Marketplace (or, Amazon Like) Store
4. Boost Your Business With Best Buy Canada Shopify Integration Pre-Order Now
5. Bye Bye Worries: Manage Wish Order on New Wish Shopify Integration