Hey! Do you know the need for Amazon’s buybox? If you are a seller, want to know about this buybox importance, how to win this and how this can act as growth in your sales then this blog will help you. More products are sold by retailers who are a feature on Amazon BuyBox.So before you know about how to win a buybox it is mandatory for you to know what is Amazon buybox.
What is Amazon Buybox?
The Buy Box is the box that is on the right side of the Amazon product detail page, where customers add items for the purchase to the cart. For winning the buybox not all sellers are eligible for it. When multiple amazon sellers are selling at the same time then there is competition in which the seller will win the buybox. If you are the seller represented in the buy box so your product will be added to the shopper’s cart.
The above image shows a product of Amazon Buybox.
Why is Amazon BuyBox important?
There are two kinds of the seller on Amazon: Amazon itself which sells a variety of products and the second kind is the third-party sellers who are also known as resellers as they are specialized in one or more category. For the seller, Amazon Buybox can make or break a sale. Whenever a user clicks on the “Add to cart” button, they buy from one merchant who is the buybox winner, that is a huge advantage for that merchant.
The only way a customer will see the other offers is if they search the product page for a small link to show all other offers and select someone else’s offer. Amazon Buybox winners acquire 90 percent of the sales.
Who is eligible for Amazon Buybox?
You must be a subscription-based professional seller to be eligible for Amazon buybox. There is a particular algorithm followed by Amazon which represents the product of the seller to be represented in the buy box. Because it is of great value so only a few sellers who have excellent customer reviews get selected for this Amazon Buybox.
The items being sold must be new, the old and refurbished items are stored in the buybox from before under category Buy Used Box. Therefore, used products cannot be featured in the BuyBox.Even though the Buy Used Box appears with the Buy Box for new items, the two operate in a mutually exclusive manner and do not affect one another.
There must be an available stock of the items the seller puts in the BuyBox.It does not display the item out of stock.
Algorithm to win Amazon Buybox?
The algorithm behind the winning of a BuyBox are-
- Create or Upgrade a professional seller account: Having a professional account is a must as if you don’t have this then you won’t be appearing in the search. Buybox can only be won by a professional seller.
- Use Fulfillment by Amazon(FBA): It is a method that Amazon seller can use to fulfill orders. Whereas Fulfillment By Merchant(FBM) asks the merchant to pack and ship the order but in case of FBA this all is done by the Amazon itself. Hence, Amazon gives buybox preference to FBA sellers as it knows the product will be delivered on time and without any defect.
- Make your pricing competitive: The price of the product should be comparable to the competitor’s price. It is not necessary that the product with the lowest price will win the buybox because the customer’s reviews also matter the most.
- Minimize your Shipping time: The amount of time the seller takes to ship an item has a high impact on winning the buybox. The faster the customer receives the product better reviews it gets.
- Landing price: The landing price is the total price a product is sold including the shipping price. So, the lower the landing price, the greater will be the chances of winning the buybox.
- Maintain your Product Order stock: Amazon wants sellers who have more stock than fewer numbers. For e.g- If A seller has 10 units of bags with him and B seller has 30 units of the bag then the buybox will be given to seller B because Amazon never gives out of stock items in the buybox.
- Order Defect Rate: This ODR is based on Customer feedback that how much time shipment time is taken by the seller, the customer return and refund should not be very high in the records.
As a seller, you need to keep a check on Order Defect Rate. Here are some tips on How to Improve Order Defect Rate (ODR) on Amazon
- Repricing: This is a method when some sellers act very cleverly and reduce their price by a very small difference to wi n the Buybox.For example, a product is sold for $50 by 10 sellers and one among them reduces the price to $49.9, then, in this case, the Repricing helps this seller to win the Buybox.
- Improve Customer feedback score: Amazon’s customer feedback is most important as it is based on the orders and overall reviews. Sometimes the shoppers leave a product review on the seller’s page which becomes a problem for the seller’s score and giving it less rating.
- Seller Performance Metrics: If the customers get good service by the seller then they would switch to the same seller again. This means a satisfying shopping experience will help in winning the amazon buybox.
By being on top and winning the Amazon buybox it can be of great importance for your product performance. This will increase your sales as compared to the other merchants.
But don’t think it is a permanent thing because sellers earn a share for some time. If you want to get the most out of Amazon, you need to optimize for the buy box.
It is not difficult to win the buybox if you follow the above strategies.