How to win Amazon Buy box in 2019?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Hey! Do you know the need for Amazon’s buy box? If you are a seller, want to know about this buy box importance, how to win this and how this can act as growth in your sales then this blog will help you. More products are sold by retailers who are a feature on Amazon Buy Box. So before you know about how to win a buy box it is mandatory for you to know what is Amazon buy box.
What is the Amazon Buy box?
The Buy Box is the box that is on the right side of the Amazon product detail page, where customers add items for the purchase to the cart. For winning the buy box not all sellers are eligible for it. When multiple amazon sellers are selling at the same time then there is competition in which the seller will win the buy box. If you are the seller represented in the buy box so your product will be added to the shopper’s cart.
The above image shows a product of Amazon Buy box.
Why is Amazon Buy Box important?
There are two kinds of the seller on Amazon: Amazon itself which sells a variety of products and the second kind is the third-party sellers who are also known as resellers as they are specialized in one or more category. For the seller, Amazon Buy box can make or break a sale. Whenever a user clicks on the “Add to cart” button, they buy from one merchant who is the buy box winner, which is a huge advantage for that merchant.
The only way a customer will see the other offers is if they search the product page for a small link to show all other offers and select someone else’s offer. Amazon Buy box winners acquire 90 percent of the sales.
Who is eligible for Amazon Buy box?
You must be a subscription-based professional seller to be eligible for Amazon buy box. There is a particular algorithm followed by Amazon which represents the product of the seller to be represented in the buy box. Because it is of great value so only a few sellers who have excellent customer reviews get selected for this Amazon Buy box.
The items being sold must be new, the old and refurbished items are stored in the buy box from before under category Buy Used Box. Therefore, used products cannot be featured in the Buy Box. Even though the Buy Used Box appears with the Buy Box for new items, the two operate in a mutually exclusive manner and do not affect one another.
There must be an available stock of the items the seller puts in the Buy Box. It does not display the item out of stock.
Algorithm to win Amazon Buy box:
The algorithm behind the winning of a Buy Box is-
- Create or Upgrade a professional seller account: Having a professional account is a must as if you don’t have this then you won’t be appearing in the search. Buy box can only be won by a professional seller.
- Use Fulfillment by Amazon(FBA): It is a method that Amazon sellers can use to fulfill orders. Whereas Fulfillment By Merchant(FBM) asks the merchant to pack and ship the order but in case of FBA this all is done by the Amazon itself. Hence, Amazon gives buy box preference to FBA sellers as it knows the product will be delivered on time and without any defect.
- Make your pricing competitive: The price of the product should be comparable to the competitor’s price. It is not necessary that the product with the lowest price will win the buy box because the customer’s reviews also matter the most.
- Minimize your Shipping time: The amount of time the seller takes to ship an item has a high impact on winning the buy box. The faster the customer receives the product better reviews it gets.
- Landing price: The landing price is the total price a product is sold including the shipping price. So, the lower the landing price, the greater will be the chances of winning the buy box.
- Maintain your Product Order stock: Amazon wants sellers who have more stock than fewer numbers. For e.g- If A seller has 10 units of bags with him and B seller has 30 units of the bag then the buy box will be given to seller B because Amazon never gives out of stock items in the buy box.
- Order Defect Rate: This ODR is based on Customer feedback that how much time shipment time is taken by the seller, the customer return and refund should not be very high in the records.
As a seller, you need to keep a check on Order Defect Rate. Here are some tips on How to Improve Order Defect Rate (ODR) on Amazon
- Repricing: This is a method when some sellers act very cleverly and reduce their price by a very small difference to win the Buy Box. For example, a product is sold for $50 by 10 sellers and one among them reduces the price to $49.9, then, in this case, the Repricing helps this seller to win the Buy Box.
- Improve Customer feedback score: Amazon’s customer feedback is most important as it is based on the orders and overall reviews. Sometimes the shoppers leave a product review on the seller’s page which becomes a problem for the seller’s score and giving it less rating.
- Seller Performance Metrics: If the customers get good service by the seller then they would switch to the same seller again. This means a satisfying shopping experience will help in winning the Amazon buy box.
By being on top and winning the Amazon buy box it can be of great importance for your product performance. This will increase your sales as compared to the other merchants.
But don’t think it is a permanent thing because sellers earn a share for some time. If you want to get the most out of Amazon, you need to optimize for the buy box.
It is not difficult to win the buy box if you follow the above strategies.