Walmart US 3P sellers to be able to list on Walmart Canada: Everything you need to know
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
The 3P sellers on Walmart (US) have reason to rejoice, now they can extend their listings on Walmart Canada too. Walmart Canada gives no preference to sellers of Canada over US. This is your fair chance to sell on Walmart Canada.
The Walmart (Canada) ranks among the top 10 influential brands in Canada and oversees the influx of 600,000 customers daily. An average Canadian lives within 8.2 minutes of Walmart Store and 1 in every 3 Canadian is a visitor to their website. These conditions make favorable to sell on Walmart Canada.
All Walmart Sellers (US) need to know:
- All the shipped products must be DPP-compatible which means their custom duty must be paid before shipment.
- Equal Preference to Canadian and U.S-based businesses.
- Sellers require Canadian Business Number from Revenue Canada Agency.
The Walmart US sellers are allowed under the CSA (Custom Self-Assessment program) which enables U.S non-resident importers to sell in Canada and must have a Canadian Business Address and by Revenue Canada Agency
The eligibility for CSA:
- Online sellers willing to list on Walmart Canada as well must meet following criteria to be able to apply to the CSA program.
they are residents of Canada or the United States;
- they have a history of actively importing for at least 90 days prior to their application;
- they do not have a history of contraband or major commercial infractions;
- they are prepared to make an investment in business systems; and
- they are willing to provide their senior management authorization that their books and records contain or will contain commercial business processes, customs interfaces and internal control procedures.
Targeted Buyer Persona:
Online sellers willing to list on walmart canada must ponder on this – 56% of all the customers are new parents or those purchasing products when they expand their houses. However, Graduates and going-to-be-hitched (Marriage) is the growing customer segment at Walmart Canada
- Customer can return the products in-store at 400 locations at Walmart Canada
- Can return directly to sellers.
In-store return updates required at Seller Level:
- Return address
- Contact Information
- Return Permissions
- Preferred Carrier Accounts
- Customs Broker (for international sellers only)
- Return Authorization Number
At Item Level:
- Country of Origin
- HS Codes
- Hazardous Product Alert
Perks and Cost Savings:
- Walmart covers customer transaction fees at checkout and cost of fraud verification
- Walmart MasterCard cardholders purchasing Marketplace products through walmart.ca will earn 1.25% rewards just like our core business
Below is the representation of the people purchasing from Walmart Canada:
With high average income households, high familiarity and popularity of the platform, and the ease-of-cross-border-trade between US and Canada, sellers have great opportunity to gain even higher visibility for their products list on Walmart canada and garner more sales.
Other Reads from CedCommerce: