The introduction of Walmart Sponsored Ads also known as Performance Ads has put an end to the query of years, “How to advertise on Walmart?” These ads help your products to appear in top-searches. Walmart Sponsored Ads have increased product visibility, thereby, driving targeted traffic to the promoted listings. With Walmart Sponsored Ads, get your brand noticed and drive incremental revenue.
1) What is Walmart Sponsored Ad?
Walmart Sponsored Ads are PPC Ads displayed across Walmart.com platform to highlight your listings and drive traffic to your products. They appear in multiple places such as:
- Organic Search Results
- Homepage-Ad Banners
- Product Category Results Page
- Product Details Page
2) What are the benefits of Walmart Sponsored Ads?
Advertising Walmart Products can be advantageous for sellers in the following ways:
i) Increased Visibility:
Promoted listing rank high in the search results due to authority yielded to them through the sponsored ad. This ensures more people viewing the product and clicking on it. Besides the Organic Search Results, the promoted listing appears on Homepage Banner Ads & category pages, it is prone to be seen by the maximum number of visitors.
ii) Examining New Products:
When a seller introduces any new product on Walmart, gaining popularity in the absence of marketing methods can be a tough job. Walmart Performance Ads have made it easier for any newly introduced product to be seen and therefore, its performance can be easily tracked by analyzing the number of repetitive visitors and purchases.
iii) Return On Investment:
Walmart Sponsored Ads to provide a sort of internal assessment of the type of customers buying your product so you always have targeted marketing. This saves a lot of your money which would otherwise be wasted if you would go for google PPC ads, which would include traffic that may or may not be interested in buying your products.
iv) Seamless Customer Experience:
Apart from helping sellers to have traffic with ‘intent of purchase’, Walmart Performance Ads also help visitors to shorten their path to purchase. This enhances the Consumer Experience, causing them to buy your products repeatedly.
3) How can one check eligibility for Walmart Sponsored Products Program?
To confirm your eligibility for the Walmart Sponsored Products Program, you need to mail the following information at email@example.com
- Company name
- Your contact information (Name, phone number & email)
- Legacy Seller ID
- Seller Center Admin Email (the main and/or admin email address for your Seller Center
account) and their full name
- Number of SKUs you carry on Walmart.com
- The category of products you sell
- Your primary campaign objective
- Your target audience
- Indicate if you’re interested in an annual plan, specific seasons, and/or the holidays
- Your anticipated budget
Once the Walmart Media Group approves you, you get a Walmart Media Group Account, which helps you to manage your sponsored ads.
4) What is the difference between Walmart’s Self-Serve Platform and Walmart Managed Service Program?
As the name suggests, the basic difference between both the program is of the authority managing it. Self-Serve Program requires you to manage your ads while in Walmart Managed Service Program, Walmart largely takes care of your promoted listings.
Moreover, for Self-Serve Program, you commit to a minimum of $1,000 monthly spend, with a $100 daily cap, while in Walmart Managed Service Program, you require a minimum budget of $25,000.
Walmart Managed Service Program provides the extended support that you may lack in the Self-Serve Program. However, the Self-Serve Program is good, to begin with.
5) What are the Important Tips for Creating Sponsored Ad Campaigns?
- Each campaign must have at least one ad group
- Each ad group can have a maximum of 2,000 items
- Your bidding strategy is determined at the campaign level. For example, a Manual campaign will only have Keyword Bidding Ad Groups
- You will be able to enable/disable an ad group after the campaign has gone live
- The sum of the total budgets across all ad groups within a campaign must be equal to or less than the total budget of the campaign
- The sum of the daily budgets across all the ad groups within a campaign must be equal to or less than the daily budget of the campaign
- Rollover budget at the ad group level will be added to the daily budget at the ad group level
Why 2019 is the best time to make use of Walmart sponsored ads?The above Walmart Annual Revenue graph clearly shows that Walmart, majorly, has been increasing its earning since the Fiscal Year 1986 to 2019.
Thus, too many products for yours to get noticed. Right? In this scenario, the promoted listings grab the desired attention of nearly 250 million customers.
Walmart Sponsored Ads can provide you the required visibility in Walmart’s world of more than 23.5 million products. All you need to do is make a wise choice between Walmart’s Self-Service Program and Walmart’s Managed Service Program (whatever suits your budget), check for your eligibility and get started.
It’s your chance to rule the Walmart Marketplace.