Support For Magento 2.2 ends soon | Magento is dropping support for PHP 7.1 & below
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Looking to migrate to the latest version of Magento 2?
I would suggest you stop thinking and start acting as now is the best time!!
Recently, Magento Community announced – “As of January 1, 2020, Magento 2.2.x will receive no further updates or support.”
So, if you are still using Magento version 2.2 or below, it is highly advisable to Upgrade your Magento to version 2.3.
To add up to this news :
There is an extra risk to the PCI compliance for merchants using Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.9. And by November 30, 2019, Magento is dropping support for PHP 7.1 and below.
Why Is Magento support ending for version 2.2 and below?
There is no doubt that Magento is making every possible attempt to make their platform stable as well as efficient. Moreover, Magento has decided to revoke the support of Magento version 2.2.x and below to support this cause.
How will this impact Magento merchants?
The end of support will come with a few hurdles for the current Magento which includes:
- Security Concerns: The website is exposed to threats as there will be no security patches. So, your Magento based website can result in malfunctions and permanent loss of data.
- PCI compliance at risk: Since Magento has decided to end the support for PHP 7.1, PCI compliance is vulnerable. Hence, this can cause serious misplacement in credit card transactions
So, be prepared to upgrade your Magento version before its too late.
So, What Must You Do?
If you are still using Magento Commerce 2.2.x, you should upgrade as soon as possible. Because the latest iteration of Magento Commerce 2.3 comes with new features that avoid security risks.
Want to explore the features of Magento version 2.3x?
Features of Magento 2.3 version:
- Supports the latest GraphQL API language
- Declarative database schema
- Fully supports Progressive Web Application (PWA)
- Supports the latest version of PHP (PHP 7.2)
- Asynchronous and Bulk Web API
- Elasticsearch Updates ( supports latest Elasticsearch v5)
- WYSIWYG editor (also known as TinyMCE) is upgraded from version 3 to version 4.
- Introduced Multi-Source Inventory (MSI)
- Granular cache management ACL
- Google reCAPTCHA (2 step Authentication Factor)
- and much more
Refer to this blog to learn all the features of Magento 2.3
How To Update To Magento 2.3?
The next release of Magento Commerce is been scheduled for October 2019. So, we suggest you update your Magento version by visiting this page. And, if you are using Magento 1, then migrate to Magento 2 by clicking here.
Having trouble upgrading or migrating your Magento platform?
If you have questions, visit Magento Support Manager. Also, you can contact any of the phone Magento Support numbers listed below:
North America: +01-800-685-3624
Latin America: +52 800 1239537 Brazil: +55 800 8781053
South East Asia: +65 3158 2592
Australia: +61 2 9053 9999
India: +000 800 040 2402
Germany: +49 0800 0713587
France: +33 0805 542303
United Kingdom: +44 0800 9175871
Ireland: +353 1800 200567
In case you have any more questions we are more than happy to help you with upgrading your Magneto store to the latest version.
You can contact us on: