Shipping Per Product is Everything You Need
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
As a store owner when you are delivering a delicate, fragile or bulky product to the end customer, then it is your responsibility to get it delivered in good condition and you need to take extra care of the product at the time of shipping. You might be sending the product separately from others and each product may require individual shipping rates. Now with shipping per product extension, admin can set the shipping price for individual products based on customer location and can also set the name for the shipping method that will be displayed on the checkout page to the customers.
Magento 2 Shipping Per Product Extension overview-
Magento 2 Shipping per Product Destination Wise module by CedCommerce allows admin to set different shipping cost for individual products. Additionally it also allows defining multiple shipping costs for a product based on different destinations. Shipping cost for each product based on different locations can be imported using csv importer-exporter in admin setting.
When a customer adds multiple products into the cart, the shipping will be calculated based on sum of the shipping cost of all products . For example Shipping cost for product A is $10 and product B is $20,customer added two products i.e Product A and Product B then the total shipping charges will be $30.
Magento 2 Shipping Per Product extension Features-
- Admin can add different shipping price for each product
- Admin can add product wise shipping rate by csv file and can export them too.
- Allows admin to set different shipping rates for each product which can vary destination wise.
- Admin can add shipping charges for virtual and downloadable products.
- Can skip shipping cost for selected products.
- On the check-out page, shipping price displays total shipping charges of each product.
- Admin can set the Shipping method title that will be visible to the Customers at the time of Checkout.
Why choose shipping per item extension–
- Easy to use and install
- Easy to configure
- Set default rate to charge shipping product.
- Transparent shipping charges at front end with shipping method title.
- Also set individual shipping rate to charge per product.
- Enable shipping per product based on specific countries.
How to set up Magento 2 Shipping Per Product-
After the successful installation admin has to enable Magento 2 Shipping per product extension. Then only customer can see different product wise shipping rates with respect to different destination addresses.
- Enabled- Admin can enable/disable the shipping per product method for his products.
- Method Name- Admin can set the name for this shipping method which will be displayed at frontend with the shipping cost.
- Default Shipping Price- Admin can specify the default shipping price of a product. Whenever the price is not defined for a particular destination address or product in a csv file, then default price specified here will be the shipping cost of that product.
- Use Virtual for Calculation- Generally there will be no shipping cost for virtual products, but the admin can allow shipping cost for virtual products, if this setting is set to ‘yes’.
- Use Downloadable Product for Calculation- If this field is set to ‘yes’, then shipping cost will be calculated for downloadable products also. Otherwise, shipping cost will not be calculated for downloadable product.
- Skip free shipping product for calculation- If this field is set to ‘yes’, then shipping cost will be calculated for free shipping product otherwise not.
- Export- Admin can export the CSV file of shipping rates. CSV file will be saved with the name “product_shipping.csv”.
- Import- Admin can upload the CSV file for the import process. Admin can upload files with “.csv” extension and can upload only one file at a time. Admin can have only one file for importing. So, if he uploads another CSV file then it will override the previous one. So, shipping rates will be calculated from the last uploaded file by the admin for his products.
CSV import format-
On exporting the CSV file of shipping rates, vendor will get all the details of destination addresses with the product’s SKU and price. Fields in the Per Product Shipping Rates CSV files are Country, Region/State, City, Zip/Postal code, Sku and Price.
Front end view-
On cart page-
Customer will see the shipping cost per product on the cart page.
On checkout page-
When the customer adds the products to the cart and goes for the checkout, the customer will be able to see the per product shipping applied on the product as per the screenshot below.
Benefits of shipping rate per product–
- Best solution for selling delicate, bulky or fragile products which require additional shipping
- Set individual shipping rates for each product.
- Option to specify default shipping rate to apply when prices are not defined for a particular destination or product in a csv file.
- Option to set shipping method name for display in frontend.
- Select allowed countries to enable the shipping per product.
Magento 2 Shipping Per Product extension pricing-
You can refer to the following link in order to know more about the description, and pricing etc.
Therefore CedCommerce brings you Magento 2 Shipping Per Product extension which allows you to define different shipping rates for each product based on customer location, to charge appropriate amount of shipping. The extension provides the option to specify default shipping rate to be applied when prices are not defined.
- Magento 2 Vendor SMSA Shipping Addon for better shine
- Discover the world of SMSA Express Shipping
- Vendor Australia Post Shipping Method-The Best Service Around
- Vendor Domestic Australia Post Shipping Addon for all time
- If You Want To Get Ahead- Get A Distance Based Shipping