If You Want To Get Ahead- Get A Distance Based Shipping
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Shipping methods are one of the most important factors in an online business. If it’s too expensive, then your potential customer will be more than happy to abandon their shopping cart so that they can find the product elsewhere.As a store owner when you start selling, you need to decide what kind of shipping methods you want to use for the delivery of your products, you can offer Distance Based Shipping where shipping rates are calculated based on distance from your store to the end customer.
In ecommerce business shipping can be a time-consuming hassle, you may even lose money as well as your customer’s trust. For any ecommerce business, it’s important to create a seamless shipping experience to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Magento 2 Vendor Distance Based Shipping Addon overview-
Multivendor Distance Based Shipping is an addon for CedCommerce Multi-Vendor Marketplace and is developed in Magento 2. The Distance Based Shipping addon is perfect for the store owner who wants to charge customers for delivery of items based on how far away they are from the store. This module is dependent on Vendor Multi Shipping Addon. Vendor has to set the shipping address then only the customer will be able to see distance based shipping rate for the vendor’s products.
Admin has full control over this module and can enable or disable it. This Shipping Method calculates the exact shipping costs based on the distance between the store and the customer using the Google API.
Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping features-
- Calculate the exact shipping costs based on the distance between your store and your client, using the Google Maps API.
- Vendor can enable/disable the module.
- Vendor can set origin address.
- Vendor has the facility to enable/disable the free shipping.
- Vendor can set minimum and maximum amount required for the shipping.
- Vendor can enter multiple ranges with different metric prices.
- Vendor can select the shipping method for applicable countries.
- Vendor has the option to enter the maximum distance to disable the extension as soon as the distance exceeds your distance.
Why Distance Based Shipping Extension?
- Seamlessly calculates rates based on delivery distance.
- Set a maximum delivery distance
- Calculate distances in either kilometers or miles
- Combine Shipping Rules using Minimum or Maximum of Matching Rules
- Transparent by setting visibility distance info to customer.
How to set up Multivendor Distance Based Shipping?
After successful installation of the Multivendor Distance Based Shipping extension admin has to enable Distance Based Shipping method for Vendors, after that the vendor will see this option in vendor shipping method panel. Otherwise Distance Based Shipping method will not be available for vendor.
At vendor end-
When the Multivendor Distance Based Shipping Addon has been installed and configured by the admin, then the vendor can configure the distance based shipping method in the vendor panel. Firstly, the vendor has to set the shipping settings in his panel.
Active- To enable/disable the distance based shipping method. If it is disabled then the rate for the shipping methods enabled from the admin panel will be calculated.
Title- To set the title of the shipping method.
Method Title- Method Title that will be visible to customer.
Address Calculation- Here the vendors can set that Full Address or Only Postal code, City & Country which will be used for calculating the distance.
Metric- Distance which will be calculated in Kilometer or Miles.
Distance (Round Off)- round off the calculated distance.
Total Price (Round Off)- round off the calculated price
Shipping Zones- Here the vendors can add the zones according to which they wish to calculate the price. If the vendor will fill this field, only then the rates will be calculated.
Use Minimum and Maximum- To enable or disable the use of minimum and maximum price.
Minimal Price- Vendor can set the minimum price of shipping if ‘Use Minimum and Maximum’ setting is enabled and shipping cost is less than the minimum price then minimum price will be used as the shipping cost.
Maximum Price- Here the vendor can set the maximum price of shipping if ‘Use Minimum and Maximum’ setting is enabled and the shipping cost is more than the maximum price then maximum price will be used as shipping cost.
Maximum Distance- Here the vendors can set the maximum distance for the shipment of the products. If the distance is greater than the maximum distance then this method will not be applicable.
Enable Free Shipping- Vendors can enable/disable the use of free shipping.
Minimum Order Amount for Free Shipping- If free shipping is enabled then the vendor can set the minimum order amount above which free shipping will be applied.
Enable Minimum Order Amount- Vendors can enable the minimum order amount.
Set Minimum Order Amount- If minimum order amount is enabled then the vendors can set the minimum order amount above which this shipping method will be applicable.
Allowed Country-Vendors can set the countries allowed for the particular shipping method.
At customer end-
Customer will see vendor wise distance based shipping on the cart page. If any vendor has not enabled any shipping method then the customer will get the rates defined by the admin for the vendor’s products.
On checkout page-
After enabling Vendor Multi Shipping Addon and Vendor Distance Based Shipping Addon the customer will get vendor wise shipping rate on the checkout page.
Benefits of Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping-
- Easy to disable the extension as soon as the distance exceeds your maximum distance.
- Shipping rate calculation based on the distance from destination.
- Price calculation based on metric i.e. price per mile / kilometer
- Add free shipping on minimum order amount above which free shipping will be applied.
Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping price-
You can refer to the following link in order to know more about the description, and pricing etc.
Multivendor Distance Based Shipping addon allows vendors to easily offer shipping rates which are based on the distance between the origin address and end customer’s address and calculated using Google API.
- Magento 2 Vendor SMSA Shipping Addon for better shine
- Discover the world of SMSA Express Shipping
- Vendor Australia Post Shipping Method-The Best Service Around
- Vendor Domestic Australia Post Shipping Addon for all time