Grow Your Business with Amazon’s Small Business Program: Here’s How
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
You don’t become a brand in one day but surely need equal chances to grow and scale your business. Amazon’s Small Business Program just rightly serves this purpose. Amazon is one of the best eCommerce platforms to empower small and medium-sized businesses to get equal opportunities to get sales and profits. If you have just started selling on Amazon or thinking of starting one, this blog is undoubtedly for YOU! You will learn about Amazon’s Small Business Program, its benefits, how to add your business under the program, and how you can be eligible to get Amazon small business badge.
Let’s start straight away!
What is Amazon Small Business Program?
Amazon’s small business program is meant to serve retailers irrespective of county, gender, race, and business size. Committed to helping and empowering small and medium-sized businesses, which form the backbone of most of the economies throughout the world, especially the US, UK, and India, Amazon invests heavily. With investments in logistics, programs, tools, and other services, Amazon works holistically to cater to all business sizes.
Focusing on 4 Pirmary Small Business programs: Support Small Business, Meet the Business Owners, Explore Our Black Business Accelerators, and Build your Business on Amazon, the giant has given a holistic enclosure to varied business ideas and visions.
Your next question might be about what Amazon means by Small Business. Here is what it says about what they consider to be Small businesses.
What is meant by Small Business on Amazon?
Amazon follows Gartner’s definition of a Small Business, which considers a business ‘ Small’ if it employs less than 100 employees and generates less than $50 million annually.
However, Amazon aims to make a business big enough to become a brand. The program includes businesses that primarily deal in arts, cottage industries, and businesses that require home decor, delicate creativity, and handwork.
What is the benefit of the Small Business Program?
Amazon took up the vision to help small and medium businesses in 2000, and since then, it has been planning and bringing policies enabling small businesses to pump up their scalability and growth.
Talking at length about innovations and features at Amazon Accelerate 2022, the eCommerce giant has ensured improved product visibility, audience engagement, analytics, and reporting. So much so that Amazon even organizes a one-day event named Amazon Small Business Day dedicated to small business owners to exhibit and sell their products at huge discounts to aesthetic prospective sellers (we’ll talk about it later in the blog).
Did you know that SMB products account for approximately 60% of all units sold on Amazon?
Additionally, enrolling in the program helps you get identified on the searched listings by the prospective customers. How? Once you get eligible to enter the program and apply for the Small business badge, your listings are automatically shown with the small business badge. This badge holds a link that redirects the customers to your product listing page.
You can see an image below,
Not just that, these products can get Best Seller and Amazon’s Choice Badge over a period of time with improved visibility and more sales.
Sounds exciting? Well, it’s equally easy to enroll in the program however, all you need is to meet some eligibility criteria.
How do I get my small business badge on Amazon?
The process is simple. You need to contact Selling Partner Support and help them by providing the following information:
- Business Brand & Company Name
- Business ID
- Merchant ID
Wait for the next 10 business days for further confirmation or information from the team.
Last but not least, Small Business Program by Amazon organizes a one-day ‘Small Business Day’ event; let’s see what it is about.
What is Amazon’s Small Business Day?
Amazon’s Small Business Day is conducted every year around July where sellers showcase their deals, unique selections, and special offers to customers on Amazon. In.
To know more about the event’s eligibility criteria, click the link HERE. However, to ensure making good sales and profits on the Day, take care of the following:
- Place your stock in fulfillment centers close to your customers to ensure timely delivery.
- Run sponsored campaigns to get instant visibility on search.
- Price competitively to win BuyBox, which enhances CTR and conversion rates multifold.
- Make sure your products are in stock to avoid any out-of-stock situation during the sale.
How can CedCommerce Help You?
If you are selling on Amazon or willing to sell on Amazon and looking for a trusted integration partner with great integration features, your search is over! CedCommerce’s Shopify-Amazon sales channel app empowers merchants selling in multiple countries on Amazon with unique features. The app has won the trust of thousands of sellers worldwide by empowering them with an automated feed system, real-time inventory, order updates, and the ease of connecting multiple accounts seamlessly.
Our suite of features, as highlighted below, has enabled merchants to experience an expedited and profitable entrepreneurial journey!
6 Outstanding Multichannel Selling Solutions
- Multi-Account Support: Stop navigating between different seller accounts. Control Amazon accounts for each nation from a single hub. You can use the app to manage your accounts’ sales, inventory, and delivery.
- Order Control: Manage every Amazon order from your store and through FBA. Orders may be fetched, created on your store, and updated with their shipping status on Amazon.
- Inventory Control: By entering a pre-set value for Inventory levels, the Threshold Inventory option enables you to make your inventory more useful. It supports you by keeping you from running out of stock.
- Product Upload in Bulk: Bulk Upload and Import of Products are easily accomplished using the app’s API architecture. Choose the items you wish to submit to Amazon based on various criteria.
- Live Listing: Control the Amazon products that are listed. From the app itself, change the attributes and specifics for each product, such as variations, size, colors, etc. You won’t have to move between applications and Amazon Accounts any longer.
- Promote your Handmade Goods: Create a catalog of your handmade goods and sell them on Amazon.com in 14 categories. You may also manage orders and inventory for already-listed handmade goods on Amazon.
Additionally, our dedicated customer support is working round the clock to help you shift from any technical glitch or issue you face.
Here we come to the end of the blog. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.