Jet Marketplace became the 4th largest marketplace of US in just one month of its launch. There have been lots of talks on Jet innovative pricing strategy and how their membership plans work.
Out of the many amazing facts related to this marketplace, one which needs to be talked about is how Jet maintains product catalog.
One of thing worth noting in regard to this is that product uploaded by merchants are being mapped with Jet catalog and it is at their discretion whether to include or exclude the information you provide.
With a large number of merchants selling on Jet.com and the constant addition of new sellers on the marketplace, it becomes extremely important to understand some condition or guidelines set by Jet for product listing on Jet.com.
In this brief description we will try to explain you the basic guidelines to be followed while listing your product on Jet and how you can actually list your product on Jet.com through the Jet rest API.
Below are some of the rules that need to be followed while listing your product on Jet.
1. Only Sell items what Jet allows – Jet.com does not allow selling of following items on his marketplace. So completely avoid these items in your product list.
- Refurbished/Remanufactured/Reconditioned/Used products
- Non-manufacturer-approved bundles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal items
- Drugs/Controlled Substances
- Hazardous or Dangerous Chemicals
2. Provide the SKU information – Most of us are familiar with this term and it means a unique id or number which helps to identify the product uniquely. There are some key fields such as Merchant Id, Unique Id, Product Title etc which needs to be provided. If you want your product to be listed quickly and have a quality listing on Jet then you need to provide both mandatory and optional information .
Jet always matches your product with their existing catalog and based on that it has provided some more fields of information which are mandatory to be provided if the product is not present in their catalog and optional for those who are providing an option to an existing product. Below are the additional fields of information :
Jet Browse Node ID
3. Unique Identifiers – There is only one listing per product on Jet which means you need to provide unique identifiers for the product with the help which Jet can actually match the product in their catalog. Some of those identifiers used by Jet are :
UPC (Unique Product Code, valid value: 12 digits)
EAN (International Article Number, valid value: 13 digits)
GTIN (Global Trade Item Number, valid value 14 digits)
ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number)
ISBN10 (International Standard Book Number, 10 digits)
ISBN13 (International Standard Book Number, 13 digits)
4. Follow Multi-Pack Quantity Convention
You need to specify this unique number during listing. It is basically a number of items, based on the standard product code,
that makes up your merchant SKU.
5. Mapping to Jet Browse Node Ids
There are different levels of Jet Browse Node Ids – Level 0 , Level 1 , Level 2. In order to appear in related search results, it is really important to list the product under the Level 2 Browse Node IDs.
The images you use need to adhere to the Jet Product Listing Policy and should follow the below guidelines
Images should have a valid URL
Images should not include any retailer-specific marketing language, such as “Customer Favorite” or “Featured Product” Remove all ‘No Image Available’ images (see example) Accepted image formats include: image/x-xbitmap image/x-ms-bmp image/bmp image/jpeg image/jpg image/pjpeg image/tif image/gif image/png
7. Title Formatting
The title you use should also adhere to the Jet Product Listing Policy. The title should be as close as possible to the manufacturer title.
Match manufacturer approved title wherever possible.
Remove ellipses (…) from the end of titles.
Check for titles that are truncated.
Remove attributes (colors, sizes, etc.).*
Remove pricing information.
Remove shipping information.
Remove special characters that are not part of the manufacturer title.
8. Product Description
Don’t mention unnecessary information and provide matter only related to the product. The language should be proper and should not be specific retailer marketing stuff.
9. Attributes Assignment
Always remember to assign all valid attributes to the product . Jet relies heavily on their partner to provide correct attributes to the product which makes a pleasant shopping experience for the Jet members.
10. Mapping SKU Relationships
In order to provide a good searching experience product which is related to some variation are grouped to a parent SKU. Again Jet relies on their partners to accurately provide the attribute as mentioned before and details about the variation to provide a consistent shopping experience.
If you follow the above guidelines then your are bound to get a quality listing on Jet.com quickly and without any issues.
But as all of you know there is no direct way to get your product listed at Jet.com and the only way you can do is the Jet Rest API available. We at CedCommerce developed Jet Integration Extension which integrates over 12 popular e-commerce platforms including Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify with Jet.com through the rest API and provides product listing , order management and much more on Jet.com.
Jet Extensions/Apps provides features to allow products to upload on jet as per jet.com guidelines:
1. Fill Unique SKU for each product.
2. Add Unique attribute like UPC-12, GTIN-14, ISBN-10, ISBN-13 , MPN, ASIN and EAN and Brand.
3. Allow to map Store Category with Jet category for specific products.
4. Map store products attribute with Jet category attributes (like color and size).
5. Allow to import multiple images for each variation products.
6. Allow to upload simple and variation store products on jet.
7. Allow to upload products in bulk, no need to create CSV for each product. It is a fully automated process.
8. Ability to sell products with a higher price different from shop product price(easy price customization).
9. Import and create jet order in store and can also fulfill/ship orders by Shipping software like ship station, ship wire, ship works and others.
10. User-friendly interface to review Jet Sale.
Thanks for your interest.