PrestaShop 18.104.22.168 Beta Version Is Now Live – Start Testing Today!
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
This post covers the latest PrestaShop Version 22.214.171.124 release notes that comprise key highlights and fixed issues of PrestaShop 1.7.6 and below versions.
The arduous wait is finally over when PrestaShop finally announced the release of the PrestaShop 1.7.7 beta version.
The first Beta version for PrestaShop 126.96.36.199 is NOW all set for you to test and explore!
eCommerce experts believe that this open-source version of PrestaShop is more advance than any of the previous versions with multiple security updates and enhancements in core modules.
Experts believe that the launch of this beta version is the best time to Migrate the Prestashop 1.6 version to 1.7.
To understand why, let’s begin with:
Why is PrestaShop Version 188.8.131.52 a big deal for developers?
- Since the release of PrestaShop Version 184.108.40.206, there has been a boom in the PrestaShop Developers community.
- Surprisingly 957 merging pull requests have been seen until now with the final release date still at least a month away.
- More than 110 external contributors have taken active participation in the development of the PrestaShop 1.7.7 version.
- PrestaShop claims that more than 160 bugs have been fixed for the Beta version for PrestaShop 220.127.116.11 so far. These include 11 highly expected bug fixes, five front-office notable fixes, and five back-office notable fixes.
- This is some sort of record, as the last version 18.104.22.168 had only 110 fixes till the release date.
Since there is still a month left before the release of the stable version, the PrestaShop community suggests you to start testing this Beta version for PrestaShop 22.214.171.124 NOW!
You must learn What’s new in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version that makes it the greatest PrestaShop version ever.
New Features and Improvements of PrestaShop Version 126.96.36.199:
To make these much more affable, I’ve bifurcated the improved features into various sections:
Improvements in the USER EXPERIENCE:
- Fuzzy Search: PrestaShop 1.7.7 version comes with an improved front office search mechanism known as “Fuzzy Search.” This is a perfect tool for improving the conversion rate as it eradicates all the misspelling and typos in the search box.
- Emojis Now Supported: PrestaShop 1.7.7 comes with the full support of emojis in front and back-office fields. In this latest version of PrestaShop, all database tables are encoded in utf8bm4 by default. This makes it possible to support all the emojis.
- Email Language Translation: PrestaShop 1.7.7 version comes with advanced features of Email language translation in Design > Email theme. This makes it possible to translate the Back Office’s email contents, saving the trouble for sellers to switch to various platforms to understand.
Improvements related to SEO:
- Easy Indexing and Searching: For the improvement in the indexing and searching, the field manufacturer part number is now available in PrestaShop 1.7.7 product management.
- Strong SEO Presence: The Availability of field Manufacturer Part Number also has a positive effect on SEO and the SERP performance of the products from your shop.
- New languages: Multiple new store languages are in PrestaShop 1.7.7, making it easier to rank in different regions.
Improvements in the Development:
These are the changes in the core module that helps make PrestaShop Development more fun:
- Easy Error Recognition: PrestaShop 1.7.7 is a boon for developers as the process of error handling is now much easier. If unexpectedly an error occurs in the back office when running in production mode, it redirects you to an error page. It use to previously redirect you to a blank page, also in previous versions, this was not possible.
- Automatic Form Rendering: Now, in PrestaShop 1.7.7, the problem of Form Template override is no more. You can customize the form as per your need as now you can add form fields anywhere.
- Improved Customer Reassurance: Now, it becomes easier for PrestaShop developers to create a website that customers can enjoy. PrestaShop 1.7.7 allows you to customize the color of the icons, add a description, and links.
Improvements in the core modules:
- Theme Customization: The PrestaShop 1.7.7 version comes with an advanced theme customization feature for product pages as well as category pages. With these advanced theme customizations, developers can easily customise according to their needs. They can find, configure, and customize products and categories’ pages theme, including the main native modules. This theme customization is also available for the home page in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version.
- Improved Product Tab Management: PrestaShop Version 188.8.131.52 saves you the trouble of using a fake legacy controller as now you can get access to tabs via Symfony routes. The tabs can be hidden and also enable using the enable/disable option available. We can also understand this: whenever a module is disable, the Tab is automatically hidden and vice-versa.
- Updated PHP support: To induce more stability to the website, PrestaShop 184.108.40.206 has dropped the support for all the PHP versions earlier than 7.1.3. But this news is also a combination with the good news! PrestaShop 1.7.7 version will fully support PHP 7.3, making it the most stable PrestaShop version ever.
- Updated jQuery to 3.4.1: The PrestaShop 1.7.7 comes with the latest jQuery version in Back Office and the Classic & Core theme. This update jQuery has been possible due to the jquery migrate feature.
- New CQRS Debugger in the Symfony debug bar: The inclusion of this feature in PrestaShop Version 220.127.116.11 makes it possible for you to explore the commands and queries used to build the page you’re seeing. You can further make customizations by overriding the modules.
Payment and Currency related Improvements:
- Official and non-official currencies: The PrestaShop 1.7.7 version allows merchants to have all the currencies they need to meet every customer’s expectations based in different regions. You can now add new official and non-official currencies (e.g., local or custom) to your store.
- Currency customization with language: PrestaShop 1.7.7 merchants can customize the display of currencies on their website as per the language(s) desired.
Order Page Improvements:
The order pages in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version have been redesigned and migrated to Symfony. There are multiple new and improved features for sellers to simply navigate through the order management pages.
Fifteen new pages shift to Symfony in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version, including the Catalog, customer service, and order pages.
Are you still using an outdated PrestaShop version?
Thus if you are still using PrestaShop 1.6 or below version, its high time for you to make your move to PrestaShop 1.7.7
Also learn more about how to migrate to PrestaShop 1.7.7 here.
Let CedCommerce help you migrate your store to PrestaShop 1.7. Our SuperHero Level Expertise Prestashop Developers can serve as a big help for you to overcome this process.
Or you can do it yourself.
How to download the Beta version for PrestaShop 18.104.22.168?
To download PrestaShop Version 22.214.171.124, please click on the link here.
After the release of the Beta version for PrestaShop 126.96.36.199, everyone must be eagerly waiting for the launch of the full version of PrestaShop Version 188.8.131.52. I guess you must be having feelings of excitement and curiosity as its just one month left!!
You may have any more questions regarding the PrestaShop version 184.108.40.206. Or must be wondering how to successfully migrate to PrestaShop 1.7.7 version. You can discuss all your queries with experts by commenting below.
We will let you know about any more news or updates as soon as PrestaShop drops any announcement.