Migrate to WooCommerce from the existing platform in these simple steps!
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Choosing an eCommerce platform is one of the most important moves that a merchant needs to make. While everyone has their first preferences, looking for an economical and stable eCommerce platform is a must-have. You might be selling on any other platform, but you can migrate to WooCommerce and sell effortlessly by connecting your stores with WooCommerce.
With top-performing eCommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc., the one that stands tall is WooCommerce. Its free and premium plugins make it the most widely used eCommerce platform that powers 30% of all online stores.
Due to its popularity, scalability and flexibility, many eCommerce store owners consider migrating to WooCommerce from their existing platforms. Highlighting some of the main reasons as to why WooCommerce is the best eCommerce platform and how you can migrate to WooCommerce from your existing platform.
Reasons to Opt WooCommerce
- One of the most reliable eCommerce platforms, WooCommerce helps build a top-performing and highly responsive online store within your budget.
- It is an open-source solution that makes it ever-evolving and innovative.
- Its advanced features, free themes, and plugins make it a cost-effective platform.
- You can customize your stores as you desire. WooCommerce provides over 40 free themes that are accessible and can be customized by all types of businesses.
- WooCommerce offers the same user interface that WordPress offers, making it easy to learn and use.
- It has the same standard hosting requirements as any WordPress website.
- It is a search engine friendly platform.
- Using WooCommerce features, you can add discount options, promote products on sale, and run coupon campaigns.
You can import your products, product images, product variations, categories images, customers, customer shipping address, billing address, order and order statuses etc. However, you can migrate your store data to WooCommerce from your existing platforms like Magento and Shopify in these simple steps.
Tips to follow before you migrate to WooCommerce
Firstly, take a backup of all your store data from the existing website before migration. Secondly, select a time to migrate when you have the lowest traffic to your site. Thirdly, if you have a multilingual store, make sure to migrate all the translated content to your new website. Finally, notify your customers and suppliers about your migration to WooCommerce.
How to get started with WooCommerce?
To migrate to WooCommerce, you need to choose a hosting plan, install WordPress, and set up WooCommerce. This can be done in five simple steps-
- Choose Hosting – To set up a website with WooCommerce, you need to run WordPress on a self-hosted site.
- Install WordPress – To start building your website use the free WordPress software program.
- Activate WooCommerce – Once your website is up and running, install eCommerce functionality with WooCommerce.
- Create a free account on WooCommerce.com – Sign up for an account on WordPress.com and WooCommerce.com.
- Select from a pre-installed solution with a trusted host, auto-installing WooCommerce, if you have a WordPress site already, or download the zip file and do it yourself.
- Install WooCommerce – Download the WooCommerce plugin or search for the WooCommerce plugin from within your website.
- Activate your plugin and go to Setup Wizard.
- Pick a theme – In the Setup Wizard, you will be asked to pick a theme. The unlimited theme collection will help you give your storefront a look and feel that you desire.
- Extend WooCommerce – Add functionality with extensions and grow your store. You can start a store/website for free and scale up your revenue and customer base. Each extension is available on a subscription basis.
Once your WooCommerce is set, here’s how to migrate your store data from the existing platform to WooCommerce.
How to Migrate to WooCommerce?
Manual import/export might sound time-consuming, but it is free and straightforward.
- Export and download all your product data from the existing platform.
- On your WordPress dashboard, navigate to WooCommerce and then go to Products.
- Select Import at the top. Find a built-in product CSV importer that will make the process easier.
- Click choose file and select the CSV file that you want to import. Click continue.
- WooCommerce will automatically attempt to match the column name of your existing store CSV file to WooCommerce product fields. You might have to map certain files on your own.
- Select run the importer and wait for the import process to finish.
- Manual migration means exporting all your data, including products, orders, users, payment information, etc., from the existing site and importing it on your WooCommerce setup. It has a default product CSV importer that makes it relatively easy to import products, provided all data has been mapped correctly.
Hire a Professional
You can hire a professional for migrating store data to WooCommerce. The easiest and safest option is migrating with the help of a WooCommerce expert. Advantages of migrating with a WooExpert-
- Your website is in safe hands.
- You have experts to rely on for efficiency and advice.
- You can migrate your store in the least amount of time, with zero trouble.
How can CedCommerce help you?
We, at CedCommerce, provide you with numerous integration solutions that help connect your stores to WooCommerce. The plugin facilitates efficient management of stores and easy selling. Manage stores centrally and keep your stores updated at all times. With our solutions, you can sell in the USA, European region and Southeast Asia. Make efficient multichannel selling with WooCommerce.
With WooCommerce, you can make international sales smooth with little effort. Make your stores attractive by using customized themes and give your stores a look and feel you desire.
Once you have successfully migrated to WooCommerce, customize your store design, optimize for search engine optimization(SEO), and test your new WooCommerce online storefront.
Thus, with WooCommerce, you can customize your stores as you want and migrate seamlessly in no time. Take this chance, and make the most of it by migrating to WooCommerce from your existing platform.