What You Should Know About eBay Search Engine Cassini?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
If you are an eBay seller then you must know about eBay search engine Cassini. Well, wondering how it’s relevant to your sales on eBay? Let us decode Cassini for you so that you can understand how it’s important for you and your “Seller Ranking” on eBay, for increasing your reputation and your sales as well.
What Does eBay Cassini Mean?
eBay Cassini a search engine is engrained in eBay search panel itself it amasses all the bits of data that are searched by customers and zeros out the most approximate result based on that data You can call it the eBay search framework rephrased according to modern data collection algorithm.
To provide the best results Cassini algorithm collects data and reads them to provide with a more relevant result to the buyers.
Working Method Of eBay Search Engine, Cassini
Cassini focuses on the Sell Through Rate of a seller. STR(Sell Through Rate) is Total Stock-Total Sales
If your total stock is 1000 units of a particular item, Cassini will consider the total number of orders placed or total units sold over the number of views. In fact, if the number of views exceeds the number of units sold, the ranking will be considered in negative by Cassini
According to Cassini, it is not a very good result. If your Sell Through Rate is not even 30% of your total stock, your chances of climbing up the rank ladder are sans.
But you can do some things that will show you a drastic change in your STR. and will improve your ranking. So let’s take a look at those points through you can improve your position as a seller.
Tips to improve your ranking
- To increase the sales rate of your products, use the bestseller badges for the most sold items on your listing. Bestseller badges increase the trust of the buyers on your product and they will buy It without any shade of doubt in their mind. Trusted sellers rank higher in eBay search ranking.
- If most of your listed items are doing well then, you can use GTC ( Good Till Cancelled ) Using this feature you won’t have to individually update the items in the listing. All you have to do is to pay the renewal charge and the listing would be there till you decide to take it off.
- If you are not seeing your stock getting all sold out, one of the major reason might be your shipping charges. Drop your shipping charges or even better, don’t charge any. People will get more interested in buying your stuff if they don’t have to think about the shipping charges.
- Promote your listed items on the social media platform. People need to know when you are updating items on your listing and the best way is through social media. Build a community or page around your products and post regularly. It will not only help you to make people aware of your items but will also help you to drive traffic to your eBay store.
- Use keywords in your product description. Don’t just randomly pick up the keywords, it will not get you relevant traffic and will affect your ranking instead.
When you use irrelevant keywords, irrelevant traffic also is derived. The irrelevant traffic then just views your product and leaves. As mentioned earlier, Cassini reads the data as to how many of the total viewers left without placing an order and reduces your ranking.
Hence it is necessary to use the keywords that have a decent search volume because keyword search volume really matters a lot in any case if you want to emerge on frequent searches. At the same time, it is also necessary that you use relevant keywords that are a niche.
- Ask for feedback from your customers. It is really necessary to get feedback and rating from the customers. There is a criterion of becoming a powerseller and that includes the number of rating and feedback. If your positive feedbacks keep exceeding, you may become a top rated seller. These rating and feedback will benefit you in increasing your ranking.
- You might not be getting positive feedback every time, but whenever you get negative feedback, revert to it as soon as possible and solve the issue in time unless you want eBay to take some actions on you.
Connect your Shopify store with eBay and drive millions of visitors to your products.
Expand your sales with Shopify eBay integration HERE
Now that we have deciphered Cassini search for you, get ready to boost your sales on eBay and become a powerseller or a TRS with us. Cedcommerce has solutions whether they budding sellers who want to create their brand authority or established sellers who want to boost their sales.