Kaufland API Upgrade: What are the Next Steps for Sellers using 3rd-party Extensions
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
The depreciation of Kaufland.de Onlineshop 1.49.0 API started early this year. Now, it has fully sunsetted starting March 2023. In short, the new version, Marketplace Seller API 2.0, has already replaced the older version. So, you must switch to the newer version as it promises improved performance by following stricter data use and protection policies—as announced by Kaufland.
Why should you care?
The Kaufland.de Onlineshop 1.49.0 API is getting depreciated for good. This change will directly affect the product, inventory, order, shipping, payment, and offer data you use to manage your Kaufland seller account.
Why this API Upgrade?
Through this API update – Kaufland plans to make it easier for sellers to connect their stores(apps) via APIs allowing them uninterrupted, faster, and more secure access to data. Moreover, this update will also ensure better connectivity of third-party extensions based on Kaufland API.
Are you using outdated Kaufland Magento 2 Integration?
Schedule a meeting with experts to switch from Kaufland Seller API 1.0 to 2.0
What it all means for Kaufland Sellers?
Since this is a performance boost API Update, this will not directly affect the majority of Kafuland sellers – unless the sellers are using 3rd party API add-ons with an outdated API version. For example, you have a Magento-based online store for which you are using an older version of Kaufland Magento 2 Integration. Then, this update will gradually restrict the API calls of order, inventory, and product data between your store and Kaufland.
How to cope with it?
It is the seller’s responsibility to:
- Check with the in-house team for any apps that are based on an outdated version of Kaufland API and migrate to the Marketplace Seller API 2.0
- Check with their third-party apps and vendors to ensure that they have migrated to the Marketplace Seller API 2.0
What is Marketplace Seller API 2.0?
The Marketplace Seller API 2.0 is the latest version of Kaufland API available. This API is based on a Representational state transfer (REST) interface and is protected by HMAC-based authentication & password methods. So, any anonymous access to the Marketplace Seller API is totally impossible.
What’s new in the Marketplace Seller API?
Change 1: Three new parameters added:
Kaufland has introduced 3 new parameters in the new API:
- fulfillment_type: The fulfillment_type parameter (e.g., fulfilled_by_kaufland) specifies who is responsible for fulfillment
- storefront: The storefront parameter (e.g., de) refers to a specific country of the Kaufland marketplace.
- locale: The locale parameter (e.g., de-DE) provide product data in multiple languages and dialects spoken in different countries
The last of the two parameters mentioned above will be a huge step toward Kaufland’s product reach. With these two newly added parameters, store owners can now sell in multiple countries with a more personalized selling campaign.
Change 2: Modification/Rename of Parameters:
In the Marketplace Seller API, Kaufland has renamed three of the parameters.
- “Hm-Client-Key” will change to “Shop-Client-Key”
- “Hm-Timestamp” will change to “Shop-Timestamp”
- “Hm-Signature” will change to “Shop-Signature”
Change 3: Miscellaneous Changes:
- For the 200 status code responses, the data is returned in envelope pagination with keys offset, limit, and total.
- For the DateTime formats, ISO 8601 is followed in all timestamps in the Marketplace Seller API.
How to Migrate a Magento 3p Extension from an Outdated Kaufland API Version to the Marketplace Seller API?
Much like any basic API upgrade, you need to:
- Save all the customizations made in the current extensions.
- Uninstall the current extension from the Magento panel
- Re-install the Marketplace Seller API-based extension in your Magento panel
- Authenticate and Validate the extension
- Perform the basic configuration settings
- Include the customizations.
- Start using the Marketplace Seller API-based extension.
Successful migration to Kaufland Marketplace Seller 2.0 API in Magento is quite a tedious process requiring technical specialty. You can either do it by yourself or let your third-party vendor (like CED) do it for you.
Do It Yourself:
Follow this step-by-step guide to understand how to migrate your store from
Let Us Do It For You:
Book a migration slot with CedCommerce, and we will handle the rest.
Like other marketplaces, Kaufland is trying to keep up with the global API standards. So, like it or not, you must update 3p apps to the new API. This change is necessary and unavoidable, or the process will soon stop.
So, migrate to the Marketplace Seller API today.