How to join Shopping Actions Plan to sell on Google Express?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Google has also joined the e-commerce bandwagon with the launch of Google Express. This push has given retailers a sigh of relief as they are embattling with e-commerce behemoth Amazon. Also, it gives them another option to diversify their sales channel – sell on Google Express.
According to the updates, Google Express is no more, It has been renamed as Google Shopping.
Interested in selling on Google Shopping Actions US?
Through its e-commerce platform, Google is offering leading retailers a chance to sell on google express and get maximum exposure for their products through its massively used search engine and fastly adopted Google Home devices.
Now showcase products on Google Shopping for free with CedCommerce’s extended plan to upload Unlimited Shopify products at zero cost.
What is Google Express and how does it work?
As mentioned already, Google express is a marketplace and an aggregator which is an answer to the Amazon’s grocery service. With this service, you can purchase from the leading retailers using Google express app and the items arrive at your doorstep.
Google express delivers items free of the cost across the entire United States except for Hawaii and Alaska. The customers don’t need to pay any shipping fee if their order price is between $25 & $35 and they can purchase from leading national, local and online retailers.
The Google express has inherent benefits to other marketplaces, as a result, some of the largest retailers who have their e-commerce presence as well have joined Buy On Google(previously known as Shopping Actions) plan and have listed their products on Google Express.
Google Express offers customers a universal cart so sellers can add items to the same cart from mobile, desktop and voice assistant. Another USP is sellers get an entirely new audience by virtue of popular Google searches such as “Where can I buy this?” “Where can I find it?” “How can I buy it?” “How do I transact?
Note: Retailers have reported a 30-35% increase in the Average Basket Value from the platform.
Advantages of Shopping Action Program
Joining Shopping Action program helps you sell on Google express and your customers shop effortlessly with you, across Google – Search, Marketplace, Voice, Mobile & Desktop.
|Google Search||Google Express||Google Assistant|
How to sell on Google Express by joining the Shopping Actions plan?
Selling on Google Express requires you to first get approved to join Buy On Google(previously known as Shopping Actions)Programs.
For this, you need to first upload your products to Google Merchant Center.
Note: If you haven’t registered on Google Merchant Center, it’s a simple three steps process wherein the first step you need to enter the Country, Store name and the URL of the store. The second step asks you to adhere to the guidelines by agreeing to terms & conditions, whereas 3 step requires verification of your website.
Note: Only sellers who have warehouses situated within the territory of the US are permitted to sell on Google express.
First, you need to have the Google Merchant Center account. You can apply it here. Once you have access to Google Merchant Center then login to apply for Buy On Google(previously known as Shopping Actions) approval. Upon login, you will find the option under Manage programs as below.
Once your request for joining the Buy On Google(previously known as Shopping Actions) program is approved, you can plan to sell on Google Express. After the approval, the Shopping Action options appear in your Google Merchant account (as shown in the image below)
Here you need to fill the information as required to proceed ahead for selling on Google Express.
‘Buy on Google’ program in France will be ending on December 7, 2021. For more updates or support, get in touch with the experts at CedCommerce here!
How to use the Google Express Integration app for Shopify?
Integrating Google Express Integration app to your Shopify app consists of simple steps. Just follow the steps and integrate your Shopify Store with Google Express Integration apps for Shopify by CedCommerce.
Once you’re done with installation and configuration steps. Follow the steps to set up your account and start utilizing the Shopping action program.
- To start earning from Google’s Shopping action program, first, you need to put your products on their marketplace platform and for that, you first need to import products from Shopify store to Google Express app, to do this, go to the Import/Export section on the left navigation bar menu and click on Import Products. (See below image)
- Here click Import Products (from Shopify to the app) options, once you do it a popup appears, here click on Proceed button on the pop up.
- Once you’re importing your products, the progress is also shown. Also, you can let it process in the background and may proceed with other important tasks.
- Once all the products are imported into the app, a notification showing the process completion appears (as shown in below image)
- You may also check all the products imported to the app by clicking on the Products tab on the top navigation bar menu. Once you click the option, you’re redirected to the page where all of the imported products are listed.
- Now that all of the products are imported, you need to upload them to Google’s marketplace. To do so again visit the Import/Export section. This time click on Upload Products (From app to Google).
- Click on Upload Products inside pop up. Here, now, the popup with Upload Products – button appears. Clicking this button starts the process of uploading products on Google Express.
- Similar to the import process, you can monitor the progress of products being uploaded.
- Whenever the upload process gets completed, the popup with process completion status shows up.
Google Shopping Actions US is open for Merchants in India and Canada: Start selling cross-border to customers in the US, from either India or Canada without any fuss, right away.
Google being the largest search engine is the go-to marketplace for millions of sellers and when it promises to help you appear among the Google Search, their marketplace, and voice assistant, you simply shouldn’t ignore!
1. Etsy Marketplace Integration by CedCommerce is Now available at Official Shopify App Store
2. Walmart Canada Integration App Now Live on Official Shopify App Store
3. Into Holiday Season ahead, CedCommerce adds Bulk Promotion features to Walmart Marketplace Integration app.