How to Sell on Wish Marketplace – A Complete Seller’s Guide
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Some people sell. Amongst them, you can excel! In the network of various online marketplaces, if you wish to sell for transformational results, you may want to sell on an online marketplace that can make your wishes come true; you may want to know how to sell on Wish. Now before multiple questions flood your mind about how to sell on Wish, know in brief about this mobile and web e-commerce platform and explore the step-by-step process on how to sell on the Wish marketplace.
How to Sell On Wish Marketplace?
To start selling on the Wish marketplace:
- Go to the Wish Merchant Account Registration page
- Enter your store Name (Try to make it unique).
- Enter your email address and choose the country your shop is based in.
- Click on Create Button to create your store.
- Confirm your account by verifying it by email.
- Enter additional information necessary for store setup.
- Start Uploading your Products by assigning the relevant categories.
- Enter the payment info & select the desired payment gateway(s)
- Accept terms & conditions.
- Your products will be live once approved.
- Enjoy selling on Wish Marketplace.
Since January 2022, Wish has become an Invite-Only Platform for New Merchants.
Connect Your Store with Wish Marketplace
Join the Free session with eCommerce experts to learn how to integrate your store with the Wish Marketplace to gain more visitors and sales.
A Brief on Wish Marketplace
- Wish has more than 500,000 registered merchants selling happily.
- The Wish.com shopping app has around 500 Million Users around the world.
- More than 2.4 million orders are sold daily.
- Wish allows sellers to sell in 78 countries worldwide.
- The Wish marketplace spends nearly US$ 500 Million a year on Facebook ads alone which makes it the largest advertiser on Facebook.
- Wish currently has over 200 million items listed on it under thousands of product categories and sub-categories.
- In the year 2020, Wish generated a total of $2.5 billion in revenue.
- Not only this but Wish emerged as the most downloaded shopping app in the USA in 2017.
- Wish had 32.5 Million downloads in the USA alone, which was much more than other e-commerce giants.
- Wish is the #1 shopping app in about 42 nations making it an ideal platform to sell products online.
- The Wish marketplace has managed to raise the funding of over US$ 1 Billion from numerous Venture Capital firms.
How Much Does It Cost To Sell on Wish:
Wish is one of the seller-friendly eCommerce marketplaces that charges sellers with Pay only when you sell:
- Zero registration fees.
- No monthly or annual subscription fee
- Zero product listing fee
- Sales commission (up to 15%) is calculated by combining the order and shipping rates.
To understand the sales commission let’s take an example as mentioned on Wish merchant center:
You have declared that the selling price for an item is $8.00 and the shipping cost amounts to $2.00. Consider that Wish has a revenue share of 85/15. In this case, Wish will pay you $8.50 in total for the sale of this item which is 85% of the total price ie, $10.
Things to consider before knowing How to Sell on Wish
Before you kick-start the selling on Wish marketplace, there are some vital points you would like to know, using which it will be clear to you as to how to sell on Wish. Join Live Webinar and explore oceans of opportunity to improve your visibility on Wish. Here are the points for your reference:
- You can list New as well as Branded Refurbished Products: As per Wish marketplace’s policy, the product you are selling on Wish can be new or refurbished. Note that, only used electronics and branded refurbished products can be listed on Wish Marketplace.
- Apt Pricing: If you are dealing with high-end, costly products, Wish might not be too suitable for you as Wish marketplace is known to offer premium quality products at an affordable price, something that end-users are happy with.
- You need to be an Authorized Seller of a Brand: When branded items are listed on Wish, the marketplace makes sure that you’re an authorized seller of that brand. To protect both seller and brand owner, Wish needs authorization in the form of a trademark, license, etc.
Benefits of Selling on Wish Marketplace
Wondering what makes Wish marketplace a lucrative one from the perspective of an online seller? Here are the reasons why:
- Wish marketplace doesn’t charge any fee on sellers if a product doesn’t sell. It means that the Wish marketplace earns only when the sellers’ products get sold.
- Wish is a perfect eCommerce platform to reach out to a huge potential customer base of mobile shoppers.
- By selling on Wish you can utilize the mobile app without creating the one for itself.
- Product Targeting Functionality of Wish can be used by the sellers on this platform.
Wish Marketplace announced several Updates like Reduced Comission rate, Credit for product Boost, etc that can elevate your ROI even more.
What can you Sell on Wish Marketplace?
Before knowing how to sell on Wish with CedCommerce, have a glance over extensive categories that sellers can sell under:
- Baby & Kids
- Home Decor
- Makeup &Beauty
- Wallets & Bags
- Phone Upgrades
- Bottoms and many others.
Steps on How To Sell on Wish with CedCommerce
CedCommerce helps the sellers who want to sell on the Wish marketplace by rendering extensions that are cost-effective and powered with cutting-edge futuristic features. With the Wish Extensions by CedCommerce, sellers can automate the selling on Wish and experience the most convenient trading. To sell on Wish using our extensions or even otherwise, the seller needs to have a Wish Seller Account. For that, a seller needs to REGISTER at Wish marketplace.
Read on and know how CedCommerce helps the sellers sell on Wish.
Upload Inventory on our extension’s admin panel-
Once the extension by CedCommerce is installed by sellers, the product inventory needs to be listed on the extension’s admin panel. From here the inventory can be uploaded to the Wish marketplace. While using our extension, product requirements can be identified and managed accordingly in terms of the following pointers.
- Inventory Data: Using the CedCommerce extension, you can identify the data that needs to be on the Wish marketplace. Adding such crucial data adds to the visibility of your product(s) in the search engine ranking as well as on the marketplace itself.
- Create Variation: You may create the product variation using the CedCommerce extension for Wish. It gives the users detailed information about your product(s) on the Wish marketplace. Try and optimize the product listings with enhanced plus contents.
- Add Images: Adding apt images helps the sellers getting noticed by the buyers. You can do so easily using the extension provided by us.
Map Store Inventory with Wish Marketplace:
Like multiple other marketplaces, Wish also has a particular format for the inventory data. Using our extensions, it becomes a very simple process to map your inventory information to Wish product fields.
Send Listing on Wish
After mapping the inventory information, you may start sending your products to the Wish marketplace. Moreover, the process becomes effortless with our extension as you can upload products on the marketplace with just a few clicks.
Product Purchase on Wish:
Once the products have been sent to the Wish marketplace, they are available for buyers to purchase from there. Hence, they can purchase the products and make payments in accordance with the chosen payment method.
The orders that customers place on the Wish marketplace for your products can be imported to the admin panel of the CedCommerce extension. The orders get retrieved from Wish and also get acknowledged as per the settings. From here, the orders can be seen along with the details. Shipment of the order can also be done using the easy-to-use features of the extension.
The extension will notify the Wish marketplace on your behalf when you fulfil the order.
Why selling on Wish with CedCommerce is beneficial?
In answering sellers the vital question – how to sell on Wish, it’s important to tell the transforming role that CedCommerce can play for them.
CedCommerce has multiple extensions to sell on Wish marketplace for sellers using multiple frameworks such as Magento, Magento 2, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Shopify, PrestaShop, OpenCart.
With the cutting-edge extensions and dedicated support, the following are the features that CedCommerce extensions have-
- Auto-Syncing of Price and Inventory– The extension establishes synchronization between your store(if you have any) and the Wish marketplace. So, the price and inventory of the product(s) you want to sell on Wish are in sync.
- Bulk Actions for Product(s)– The sellers can manage products using the Bulk Feature which means they can upload products in bulk on the Wish marketplace. Also, they can archive or unarchive products in bulk on the Wish marketplace.
- Order Management– You can manage the orders for the products you sell on Wish from the admin panel of the extension itself. Also, you can retrieve and acknowledge the orders on your admin panel.
- Shipping- The extensions by CedCommerce enable the sellers to coordinate with the shipping carriers and successfully ship the ordered products on Wish from the extension’s admin panel.
- Error Notifications- While uploading the product(s), if there’s any error, it gets listed in the admin panel with the reason for the error so that you may remove the error and list the product easily.
- Return & Refund- If you want to initiate the Return or Refund for the product(s) you sell on Wish, you may initiate the same from the admin panel of your CedCommerce extension itself.
- Cron Settings- Cron settings will update the price, inventory, orders, etc between your store and Wish marketplace after a definite interval of time(as set by you), periodically.
- Product Boost Feature- Increase the visibility of your products among millions of Wish sellers by creating Product Boost campaigns for your items directly from the app.
- Easy Debug- Identification and correction of the errors is easy with the extension as it lists the errors for sellers to rectify them at once.
Wrapping it up:
If you are thinking to expand your business globally on the top US marketplaces then Wish is a good option for you to sell online. With the increase in online businesses Wish has made its place in one of the top eCommerce marketplaces and is growing rapidly.
Start selling on Wish today and if you have any queries regarding how to sell on Wish or any other marketplace then comment below to connect with our experts.
You can also register for our newsletter to stay updated with the latest eCommerce news. Sign up for free in the section below.
32 thoughts on “How to Sell on Wish Marketplace – A Complete Seller’s Guide”
Hello. When i sell a product who do i get my funds and how long does it take to receive them?
The payments of your orders are disbursed after 7 to 14 days of order shipment in your wish account
Hi, Are you allowed to include multiple versions of the same item. If I have an item that can come in brown white gray expresso colors, do you create multiple individual listings or 1 listing and include colors… Also what about if say I want to do custom to order. So I post once and the item sold can I go back and create another listing or update my previous one…
No, we are not allowed to include multiple versions of the same item on wish marketplace.
The thing is if An Item has variation like with colour or size or any, then the product will not be listed individually. Since it has variation, then it will be uploaded as configurable product with the variation attributes.(One Product with variations)
In case of custom orders, the inventory will get reduced and then you can add inventory to the same product. In simple words there's NO NEED to re-list the Item again.
I hope you got the answer you were looking for.
I got a few questions would like to ask.
Do I need to register a company when I register to sell on Wish marketplace US?
Any fulfillment by Wish?
Can I send my inventory to Wish warehouse in the US?
Or I should use a third party shipping company like Deliverr?
Looking forward for your reply!
Thank you for answering.
Hey Leung Heidi,
That's a lot of questions…… Don't worry! Here are all the answers you need.
Q. Do I need to register a company when I register to sell on Wish marketplace US?
Ans: No you don't have to register any company. All that's required for you is just to become a verified seller and have a domain/website
Q.Any fulfillment by Wish?
Ans: Yes there is a Fulfillment by wish, Just like in Amazon there is FBA, here its FBW.
Q. Can I send my inventory to Wish warehouse in the US?
Ans: Yes indeed. You can send the inventory to US warehouse/standard.
Q. Should use a third party shipping company like Deliverr?
Ans: If available then of course you can. You can use the third-party shipping company/services to ship the orders.
In case you have any additional queries, you can also get connected to our wish marketplace experts
Have a nice day!
hello and good day.
my questions are a bit much.
1. so when you say you must have a domain, or website, do you mean that i must already be selling items on my own personal site.
2. Does wish provide shipping and logistics services. And if it does, how does it work and will there be additional costs.
3. On Wish's warehouses, are there any additional costs attached to it.
It always feels great when readers like you respond.
Here are the answers to your questions:
Q. Do you mean that i must already be selling items on my own personal site?
Ans: The answer is NO. There is no need to sell items on your website. The thing is that wish marketplace is using api for all the process like upload/update product, inventory/price sync so, its need authentication process, in which they send the tokens for validation which requires a callback url (a website url). There's no rule that says you must be selling or not.
Q. Does wish provide shipping and logistics services. And if it does, how does it work and will there be additional costs.
Ans: Yes, wish provide shipping and logistics services to ship orders. Its know as Fulfillment by Wish. Wish operates multiple warehouses across the US and Europe that stock and deliver your products. As far as charges are concerned you’ll need to pay to use the service including inbound, storage, shipping, service and retrieval fees that vary by product weight, size and warehouse.
You can also use a third-party dropshipping service. Third-party dropshipping providers can store and ship orders for you — for a fee. Compare dropshipping services to find the option best suited to your business model.
-> You can go through the link below for more info :
Q. On Wish's warehouses, are there any additional costs attached to it.
Ans. To understand the whole cost and fee structure of wish warehouse, please visit the drive link below. You may find a pdf where all the details regarding wish warehouse cost is mentioned.
Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1crRD9th8CtwmaPO5CHbEZa9yoZeWdXK_/view?usp=sharing
I hope you got the answer you were seeking
Have a nice day
I am from India can i sell on wish if yes then how.
what should i need to sell on wish
how i will deliver the products
does wish have shipping rate card as amazon and flipkart have
I'll answer your questions one by one-
Q. I am from India can i sell on wish if yes then how
-> YES you can sell on Wish Marketplace from India. But the basic requirement for it is that you must have an online store which you need to show at the time of registration.
Q. What should i need to sell on wish
-> Wish Marketplace allows you sell most items on its platform including clothing, home décor, electronics, tools, jewelry, custom clothing and artwork and more.
Q. How I will deliver the products
-> If you have your own products then you can use any third-party app for delivering like delhivery.com or any other,
or you want a drop shipping, which totally depends on your business model.
Q. Does wish have shipping rate card as amazon and flipkart have
-> Yes indeed, just like Amazon or Flipkart, Wish have shipping rates which will be set on your products.
For more queries visit the FAQs page : https://merchantfaq.wish.com/hc/en-us
Moreover, you can subscribe to our newsletters and follow us on social channels to stay updated with any more updates regarding Wish marketplace
Thank you and have a nice day
I have 2 questions:
1. Can I use my existing website or should I set up a new website to do Wish business?
2. If I use my existing website would it affect the products that I am selling on shopee & lazada as far as pricing is concerned?
The answers to your questions are:
Q. Can I use my existing website or should I set up a new website to do Wish business?
Ans – Yes, you can use your existing website for selling on Wish.com. There are no such boundations that prevent you from using an existing website.
Q. If I use my existing website would it affect the products that I am selling on shopee & lazada as far as pricing is concerned?
Ans – Don't worry!! The pricing won't get affected at all. In fact, if you want the different prices to be shown on Wish.com just simply create a Product attribute (like Wish Price), in which you can put the price, and then the price will be sent from that attribute.
In case you have any more queries please get in touch with us:
I registered a wish seller through the steps indicated on the page, but the email prompted my account to be banned. why?
Regarding your query – I would suggest you Please cross-check the account info twice. Try using the genuine details, setup the payment info with the correct data – as the Wish marketplace has strict guidelines regarding these.
If this error persists, then I would suggest you directly get assistance from the Wish Merchant support by emailing them the case you have.
Here the email id:
hi Mohsin i am a new seller on wish whenever i am trying to ad a new product its ask for brand name i dont have a brand name can i list product without brand name or i must have a brand name before listing product on wish can you please help me on this thanks.
Well, the answer to your question is YES, You CAN publish your catalog without brand value as it is an optional field. Since you currently don't have a brand name, you can leave it blank.
But in my opinion, if you are looking for the long run, I would suggest you first put a valid brand then proceed since it will put a good impression on your products and seller image on Wish.
I hope you got the answer
Great information above.
I would like to use the dropship method to sell products from Wish. The questions I have are:
– I post the items from the wish website on my store site, using images from Wish
– I price the items as I see fit
– When I receive an order, I simply purchase the item from Wish using my personal funds and use the customers shipping address and I keep the difference, correct?
– Also, can I get samples of products at a discount to do reviews? I plan on doing video reviews.
That is all for now. Thanks ahead of time for your answers!!
I am glad you found the blog informative.
Here are the answers to your questions:
Q. Can I post the items from the wish website on my store site, using images from Wish
-> YES, you can easily create the products same as visible on Wish store. I would like to suggest you one very important thing – to make sure that you don't put the watermark of some other brand on your products. This often creates a lot of complications.
Q. Can I price the items as I see fit?
-> Indeed. You can and you should set the profit margin as per your wish.
Q. When I receive an order, I simply purchase the item from Wish using my personal funds and use the customers shipping address and I keep the difference, correct?
-> Well honestly, I am not sure if it works this way. On a personal level, I believe this is not an ideal strategy and haven't come across any guidelines that Wish allows sellers to do that.
Q. Also, can I get samples of products at a discount to do reviews? I plan on doing video reviews
-> YES, You can do the review for your own products as video or any form.
I hope you got the answers you were seeking.
Feel free to get in touch in case you are facing trouble selling on wish.
I work for a Poland company, we want to register a wish seller account for our company, where could we get the register link ?
or we could register through the link https://www.merchant.wish.com/open-express directly? it's avaiable?
Waiting for your reply .Thank you!
I was informed by the BDA team that they had a word with you and are coordinating with you to complete the seller registration process on wish.
In case you have any other doubts or queries, feel free to comment.
Have a nice day
Hello, please I had a question
I am a new seller on wish, how long does it take to make the first sale on wish, or to get many views or exclosure
Congratulations on choosing Wish. The answer to your question that 'how long does it take to make the first sale on the Wish marketplace' -Well, if your product data is up-to-date and it has a meaningful description with more than 2-3 images of the product with a reasonable price including the shipping, it will be anytime soon. It is usually a matter of days until the search engines of the Wish Marketplace analyze your products and soon you'll be getting orders more frequently.
How to create a second store on Wish using your data? How many stores can I open?
Unfortunately, for now, the Wish marketplace only supports a single store which means that you can not create a second store on Wish using your data.
But there is a special relaxation of sub-accounts for stores that have multiple employees that manage operations of the store. These accounts can manage the operation of your store but cannot change or see your payment information. A sub-account has a separate email, phone number, and Two Factor Authentication (2FA) setting from the main account.
I hope you got the answer you were looking for.
If you need to know more on how to sell on wish or have questions regarding the sub-account setup, get in touch with our support team @
Have a nice day!
I sell on eBay for the last 17 years and on a local selling site in Ireland for the last 5 years.
I do not have my own website. Can I sell on Wish?
Indeed you can sell on wish marketplace.
Well looking at your concern to do so, you need to follow this 3 step process:
Step 1: You need to apply for a wish seller account (the steps are given in the blog only)
Step 2: You need to create a store since you have products listed on eBay so you have to get the details of those products ( its highly suggested you choose Magento for that)
Step 3: Once you retrieve all the products listed on your eBay panel to your store, then list the same products to Wish Seller Panel through the Magento Integration.
Another benefit would be that you can list the same products on any number of marketplaces or platforms in the future.
I hope you got your answer
For assistance in doing the above process you are welcomed to contact our support team at:
have a nice day
When a purchase of my item has been made do I send the item direct to the customer or I send to Wish and Wish packages and send to the customer?
Well, you have both the options available on wish. But in case you want to use Wish Delivery System you have to send your products to wish-fulfillment centers beforehand. In short you have to keep your stocks there and keep replenishing them as soon as they get sold.
Otherwise, you are more than welcome to manage the fulfillment and delivery all by yourself.
Thank you, we hope for more information.
I am glad you liked our blog. We will surely be adding more information on the topic with time.
In the meanwhile please subscribe to our newsletter and never miss a single update on such interesting blog topics.
Hi there, probably a silly question, but where do I find items to sell on Wish? I see many rock t-shirts on Wish, and I would like to sell them.
There are 4 common ways to find items to sell on Wish:
1) Direct-to-consumer: Manufacturing or creating your own products to sell directly to customers on Wish.
2) Wholesale: Buying stock from a manufacturer or supplier to retail on Wish.
3) Dropshipping: Retailing the products of a third party who stores and ships items directly to your customers.
4) White label: Buying unbranded products from a manufacturer and labeling them as your own brand to sell.
Coming to your second question (the silly one)
And since you wish to sell rock t-shirts, you can get them in bulk from the aliexpress marketplace using dropshipping. You don't have to worry about any additional hassles, just connect your store using the aliexpress dropshipping extension and you are all set to sell your favorite rock t-shirts on wish.
Below is the link for Aliexpress Dropshipping Extension : https://cedcommerce.com/marketplace-integration/sell-with-aliexpress-dropshipping