Here is why you should build your e-Commerce with WordPress and WooCommerce.
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
So you might be thinking, “Ohh, WordPress! That Blogging thing?” Right?
This is a misconception going around for a while now. But WordPress has a lot to offer you apart from just blogging!
WordPress is an open-source content management system and is an excellent choice to create all sorts of websites. Apart from being user-friendly for a newbie, it is loved by the developers’ community for its diversity and flexibility. Statistics show that WordPress is powering 40% of the total website present in cyberspace.
But how is it useful for your online business purpose? And how can WordPress bring more value to your business?
Well, fair questions. Let’s find out some answers.
The present blog will help you explore the benefits of WordPress and WooCommerce in the e-commerce sphere. This is not the end; catch on to the next part of this series to walk through the how-to setup of WordPress and WooCommerce for your business.
So what is the meeting point of WordPress and e-Commerce?
WordPress originated from a previously existing project known as B2/cafelog. Later, it became a stand-alone project in 2003 and had been offering excellent services ever since.
However, even on a user-friendly and open-source site like WordPress, selling goods and offering services online hasn’t always been easy. You had to buy several pieces of software, build the site yourself, and keep track of the complete domain in most cases. WooCommerce, a powerful e-Commerce plugin of WordPress, here to prevent you from all the trouble of selling online.
As the process of setting up and running is simplified for your online store, the WooCommerce plugin makes its presence worthwhile. It has become one of the most influential e-Commerce solutions for WordPress users with an easy configuration and installation process. From physical objects and digital downloads to subscriptions, content, and even appointments, you can almost sell anything and everything!
So what is a plugin? You might ask.
A WordPress is a group of extra code that enhances your WordPress site’s features without playing with the originality of your website.
Building your store from scratch with WordPress and WooCommerce is as easy as a, b, c. The combination has some of the best features to offer you.
WordPress exists in two genre: ‘.org’ and ‘.com’ . Both serve a different purpose and are two faces of a single coin.
Introducing the star of the show- WooCommerce
The WooCommerce WordPress setup streamlines the process of setting up and running your shop online. Consequently, it is by far the most successful e-Commerce platform, with over six times the number of users as its nearest competitor. Furthermore, WooCommerce currently fuels nearly 94.3% of all online stores.
How WooCommerce provides a better selling experience?
With outstanding features such as catalog management, custom URLs, analytics integration, and much more, WooCommerce has several advanced features for a better selling experience. You have the potential to manage your products, orders, taxes, checkout, and shipping. Alongside, WooCommerce analytics provides an insight into all the essential metrics of your website.
You can conveniently customize and control everything from the user-friendly interface enabled by the plugin. Customizable carts, geolocation capabilities, and various payment options allow you to tailor the checkout process.
Let’s have a look at some of these features:
- Themes: Get access to countless themes for your store. These themes for your store. These themes are hand-picked from many popular themes over the internet along with each year’s WordPress default theme.
- Tags, categories, and attributes: By using tags to define a product, you can make it easier for customers to find out what they’re looking for. Customers can use attributes like size and color to find the products most relevant to them.
- Built-in blogging: produce high-quality content and establish a powerful brand image. Integrate your e-commerce and the world’s most popular content publishing platform with WooCommerce.
- Rating and review for the products: Include a ‘Verified Owner’ badge on the product page to display customer comments.
- Sorting and filtering for the product: Sellers can add various filters to sort out the products. To find the appropriate fit, shoppers can easily filter products by popularity, newness, rating, price, or attributes.
- Unlimited products and unlimited galleries: Include as many photographs as you want to show off your products. Set a featured image to draw attention to the finest photo on the site. You can sell as many things as you like; the only limit here is your inventory.
- Managing customers and orders: Get your orders managed in the simplest way possible. You can offer pain-free refunds with just one click directly from the WooCommerce dashboard. Add customer notes, manually adjust stock, mark dispatched items, and control the fulfillment process.
- Store optimization: On any page of your store, use a widget to highlight top products, a specific category or tag, products on sale, featured products, or recently seen products. You can easily add a sale, order, and status summary window of the orders from your WordPress dashboard.
Needless to say that you cannot find a better online selling solution than WordPress and WooCommerce. WooCommerce integration owns the modern-day mainstream e-commerce product selling process with the simplicity and elegance of WordPress installation. The combination is undoubtedly bargaining in good faith.
Stay tuned for the WordPress and WooCommerce installation tutorial in our next chapter.
Don’t forget to drop in your comment and let us know what you feel!
Want to get straight to our WordPress and WooCommerce solution? Feel free to connect with our experts at CedCommerce.