Don’t sell them at Jet.com
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
To maintain the sanctity of any platform, marketplaces have their set of list which they clearly define to their sellers. Following similar lines, Jet.com follows the same at their platform which Jet.com deems:
Illegal, products which Jet believes are intended to produce an illegal product or undertake an illegal activity,
Unsafe, see many of the products listed below, or
Offensive, such as products that promote or glorify hatred, violence, racial, sexual or religious intolerance.
Besides aforementioned product types, Jet can prohibit the listings of products that are or may be legal but are either highly regulated or don’t meet Jet’s vision for their marketplace.
Below is the list of banned items at Jet but the list is not exhaustive, it can have more items.
Similarly, Jet can approve certain products to be listed on its marketplace even if they occupy the place in its banned product listings (it can be pre-approved from Jet.com)
- Anything illegal, whether to sell in the United States, or any products that are illegal on a state or municipal level
- Alcoholic beverages (at least for now – but Jet will look to approve the sale of wine and other alcoholic beverages over time)
- Animals – Meaning no live animals. Also, no items made from certain animals, such as animals endangered or threatened under the U.S. Endangered Species Act or such as ivory from ivory-producing animals such as whales or elephants.
- Automobiles that require registration, at least for now. (Also, Jet will not sell automotive electronics that are intended or designed to affect traffic, block signals, etc.)
- Currency, Coins, Cash Equivalents, and Gift Cards
- Drugs or other controlled substances (other than common over-the-counter drugs that are legal and approved for distribution by Jet), or products that are intended to simulate illegal drugs
- Hazardous or dangerous chemicals (or items containing them)
- Human body parts (other than wigs)
- Guns, gun parts and ammunition (except Retailer Partners may list air or BB guns)
Many medical goods
- products that require FDA clearance or approval and have not been cleared or approved by the FDA for over-the-counter use or
- certain other medical devices (regardless of FDA clearance or approvals)
Real property and real estate
- Recalled products (see www.recalls.gov)
- Stocks and other securities
- Tobacco or products that contain tobacco, or any other product containing nicotine
- Weapons, such as unauthorized knives (switchblades, etc.), clubs, etc. Obviously, retail partners may list kitchen knives, other household knives and the like.
Information source: partner.jet.com
And to enquire for any exceptions or have any query, you may contact Jet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since Jet always strives to maintain quality product catalog, it reserves the rights to modify its list of Prohibited Products at any time.
For more Jet.com, related blog click the link: Jet.com/Blogs
Thanks for your Interest!