What Are The Best Practices To Adopt For Configuring Your Inventory At Jet.com
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Jet expects from its retail partners, which are willing to sell on Jet, to follow the certain product guidelines in order to drive positive consumer experience. For this Jet requires Product Content for the parameters defined by it.
Therefore, all the Jet Retail Merchants are expected to abide by the product listing guidelines in order to create a product at Jet.com and provide all the required and optional information for each item to be listed, to sell on Jet.
Therefore, following the rules laid down by Jet.com constitutes the core of best practices to adopt for configuring your inventory at Jet.com. And the required information is:
- Merchant SKU: The unique identifier that identifies that a product belong to a particular Retail Partner
- Unique IDs: Jet demands at least one, although they can be multiple, globally distinguishable identification number or standard product code (GTIN-8/12/13/14, ISBN10, UPC, EAN, etc.)
- Product Brand: The name of the brand used by the manufacturer and must be unique.
- Product Manufacturer: The name of the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer part number: The manufacturer’s unique part number for the product
- Product Title:
To configure inventory on Jet, it expects at max 500 characters for the product title and title can have Brand name, manufacturer Name, the most relevant keyword and the most noticeable feature of the product.
- Product Description:
This requires the detailed explanation of the item being listed on Jet.com. It includes all the features and specifications, application and other important aspects. Also, it is expected that sellers use the most relevant keywords to their items here as well to configure inventory on Jet. And, the long description of the item shouldn’t exceed 2000 characters.
- Product Description Bullets:
Here the Jet Retail partners are expected to enter at least two or more product features that compels users to make purchase decision and distinguishes the items from the similar ones. This shouldn’t exceed 500 characters. This configures inventory on Jet.
- Product Images:
Jet expects from its partner to provide additional images to the main images all of 1500*1500 pixels or higher. The accepted formats are .JPEG, .JPG, and .GIF. This is one of the most important step to configure inventory on Jet.
- Package Dimensions:
Along with it, merchants need to provide the dimensions of the package when the item is finally packed (Length, width and height, in inches) and ready to be shipped.
- Shipping Weight:
Apart from the weight, online sellers are expected to provide the weight of the package (in pounds) when ready to be shipped.
- Jet Browse Node ID:
Jet Browse Node ID: The unique ID that defines the Jet Category and where the product will be found in the Jet.com browse structure.
- Attribute Information:
To configure inventory on Jet, it wants merchant sellers to provide all the attributes and map them with the most relevant Jet.com attribute.
- Relationship/Grouping Information:
Product variation information, if an item has several variants either as a variation relationship or an accessory relationship (if applicable).
- Variation Information:
Information concerning the attributes that identifies items listed on Jet.com as parent-child SKUs.
- Multi-Pack Quantity:
This is a little tricky to configure inventory on Jet. It constitutes the no of items within a package based on Standard Product Code (Unique ID) that makes up your merchant SKU.
It is important that Retailer Partners specify the correct multipack quantity based on the product UPC (or other unique identifiers). If the UPC represents a 4-pack of and individual item, then the multi-pack quantity is 1. If the UPC represents a single item, but your merchant sku is a pack of 4, the multi-pack quantity is 4.
- Item Price: The overall price of the item and different from the “Retailer Price”
- Pricing Policy Control: Also, Merchant needs to enter the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) or Minimum Selling Price if they’re applicable for the item
Thus, by providing all the necessary information above correctly, best practices to adopt for configuring Your Inventory at Jet.com can be easily implemented.
1. Information Source: Jet Product Catalog
2. Information Source: Jet Product Listing Guidelines
Thanks for your Interest!