Amazon’s Choice vs. Bestseller- How To Optimize Your Listings For Maximum Sales
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
In today’s digital age, Amazon has become a popular platform for consumers and sellers. With millions of products available, it can be difficult for consumers to purchase. That’s where Amazon’s Choice and Bestsellers come into play. In this blog, we’ll explore what Amazon’s Choice is, how it differs from a Bestseller, and what sellers can do to make their products Bestsellers or Amazon’s Choice.
What is Amazon’s Choice?
Amazon’s Choice is a program that uses Amazon’s algorithms to recommend products to customers. It considers various factors, such as customer ratings, price, availability, shipping speed, and customer reviews. When a customer searches for a product, Amazon’s algorithm identifies the products that are popular, highly rated, and available for immediate shipment. Amazon then recommends one of these products as Amazon’s Choice.
Amazon’s Choice products are identified by a blue badge next to the product name. The badge on the product page displays “Amazon’s Choice” and briefly describes why Amazon chose the product.
How is Amazon’s Choice different from a Bestseller?
Bestsellers are products that sell the most units within a specific category. For example, if you search for “bestselling books” on Amazon, you will see a list of books that have sold the most copies in the past 24 hours, weeks, or months. The Bestsellers badge is not shown on the product page but on the category page. If a product is a Bestseller, it will be labeled as such under the product title on the category page.
Amazon’s Choice, on the other hand, is not based solely on sales data. Instead, Amazon’s algorithm considers a variety of factors when recommending products. These factors include product ratings, price, availability, shipping speed, and customer reviews.
Another difference between Amazon’s Choice and Bestsellers is the badge. Amazon labels its “Amazon’s Choice” products with a blue badge on the product page. This makes it easy for customers to identify which products Amazon recommends. Amazon does not display the Bestsellers badge on the product page. Customers must go to the category page to see if a product is a Bestseller.
How to make Products Bestsellers or Amazon’s Choice?
Now that we understand what Amazon’s Choice and Bestsellers are and how they differ let’s talk about what sellers can do to make their products Bestsellers or Amazon’s Choice.
- Optimize Product Listings – One of the most important things sellers can do to increase their chances of becoming Bestsellers or Amazon’s Choice is to optimize their product listings. This includes using relevant keywords in the product title and description, writing a detailed and informative product description, and providing high-quality product images. Ensuring that product titles and descriptions are accurate, categorizing products correctly, and providing detailed product information are included in the process.
- Offer Competitive Prices – Another factor that can increase a seller’s chances of becoming a Bestseller or Amazon’s Choice is offering competitive prices. Amazon’s algorithm considers a product’s price when recommending it to customers. Amazon may not recommend a seller’s product as its Choice or Bestseller if its price is too high.
- Focus on Customer Satisfaction – Customer satisfaction is another important factor that can increase a seller’s chances of becoming a Bestseller or Amazon’s Choice. This includes providing excellent customer service, responding quickly to customer inquiries and concerns, and addressing negative feedback or reviews.
- Encourage Customer Reviews – Encouraging customers to leave reviews can also increase a seller’s chances of becoming a Bestseller or Amazon’s Choice. Positive reviews can improve a product’s ratings and increase its visibility on Amazon. Sellers can encourage customers to leave reviews by sending follow-up emails after a purchase, offering incentives such as discounts on future purchases for leaving a review, and providing clear instructions on how to leave a review.
- Participate in Amazon’s Advertising Programs – Amazon offers several advertising programs to help sellers increase their product visibility and sales. Sponsored Products, Brands, and Display ads effectively promote products and increase their visibility on Amazon. By participating in these programs, sellers can increase their chances of becoming Bestsellers or Amazon’s Choice.
- Maintain a Healthy Inventory – Availability is another important factor that Amazon’s algorithm considers when recommending products as Amazon’s Choice. Amazon may not recommend a seller’s product as its Choice if they frequently run out of stock. Maintaining a healthy inventory and ensuring products are always in stock can increase a seller’s chances of becoming Amazon’s Choice.
Amazon’s Choice and Bestsellers are programs that help customers find popular and highly-rated products on Amazon. Amazon’s Choice considers various factors such as ratings, price, availability, and customer reviews, while sales data solely determines Bestsellers. Becoming a Bestseller or Amazon’s Choice can significantly increase a seller’s product visibility and sales on Amazon. By optimizing product listings, offering competitive prices, focusing on customer satisfaction, encouraging customer reviews, optimizing for Amazon’s search algorithm, participating in advertising programs, and maintaining a healthy inventory, sellers can increase their chances of becoming Bestsellers or Amazon’s Choice.