Sell shoes and precious metals on Sears.com this holiday season
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Sears is looking to on-board precious metals and shoe etailer to its e-commerce marketplace platform. The push to these categories resonates with functioning on Sears Holding corps – which is e-commerce marketplace supported by department stores.
Recently Sears added national shoe brand Lucky Brand, G.H. Bass and Co. and Dockers products to its assortment list. Also, the metal enthusiasts can add purchase metals such as gold, silver, platinum, and palladium bullion bars among the metal list.
The news could be optimistic as Sears infused yet $100 million and announced cost-cuttings in the range of $200 million to keep its embattled business afloat and move towards profitability. The Bloomberg reports the CEO of Sears, Edward Lampert, saying that the funding will be used to invest into the priced assets of Sears which includes ShopYourWayProgram.com which has high popularity among its subscribers.
We think all is not doomed for Sears as it still offers several advantages to sellers.
Advantages to sell on Sears
- Sears attracts over 16 million visitors to its marketplace, every month. The customers you can count on for higher visibility and more sales.
- Sears has 130 + Million active members. With backed by these numbers, sears is one of the largest marketplaces in United States. It is also famous for high volume of sales for large appliances, which makes basket value to be large for sellers that sell on Sears.
- 75+ million (and growing) members of Shop Your Way rewards program, who purchased GMV worth $2 billion in 2016 and have 10% higher AOV than non-members.
- Make use of all Sears group websites – sears.com, kmart.com, shopyourway.com, and brick mortar stores. Gives flexibility to pick up on store, and shop online.
- Sears offers criteo’s private market advertising program where sellers get actionable insight by tracking their sales and measuring results from the advertising efforts. Sears also offers paid advertisement for boost in impressions and sales.
- Sears brand comes with trust. Buyers will tend to make a purchase from a trusted store rather than from newbie online pop-up stores. Database of customers is constantly at risk from hackers and leak, while a brand like Sears comes with safety too.
- Sears has its own fulfillment service that can be availed for as less as $40 per month. Means you get to focus on marketing and product development, while Sears takes care of hosting warehouse, packaging, shipping and delivering.
- Customers get to shop your items from multiple channels such as sears.com, sears mobile, and sears kiosks located at sears stores. You get an opportunity of landing more sales for your products when you sell on sears.
- Your items get listed alongside the sears items. Sears gives a fair chance of selling to all items listed on their marketplace.
- Sears gives you more than 20 major categories for your items, which means more visibility when customers narrow down their search for specific category.
- Sears back end provides you detailed analytics and reporting for your listed items. So you get actionable insights to make better business decisions to sell on sears.
Reasons why buyers choose Sears:
- Buyers get to earn points while they buy on sears. They get to earn 10 “Base” Points for every $1.00 spent in stores or online at Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End, The Great Indoors, and MyGofer. 1,000 points equals to $1 in value. The more buyers shop and the more they earn points that they can redeem within one year.
- Buyers get to track their requests and speak with dealers online. It enables transparency in transactions.
- Sears keeps customers safety first. Sears never shares card data with outside merchants. It only shares the contact information like address, so merchants can fulfill orders.
Best Selling categories on Sears:
- Auto Car Products
- Lawn & garden
- Health & Fitness
Commission Fee and Program fee to sell on Sears
Creating your seller account on sears is free, but you need to pay sears a program fee and commission fee for selling your items.
Program fees: $39.99 per month
Interchange fee: 2.5% in addition to the below Commission Rates
Commission rates by categories
|Fitness & Sports||12.50%|
|Health & Wellness||12.50%|
|Lawn & Garden||14.50%|
|Toys & Games||12.50%|
|Workwear & Uniforms||12.50%|
You can also compare sears selling fee with other marketplaces. Amazon charges Account fee from $0 to $39.99 per month, heavy referral fee from 6% to 20% of a product’s selling price, and a variable closing fee. Ebay has four types of fee – Insertion Fee (from $0.10 to $2.00), Final Value Fee (8% to 15%), Listing Upgrades (upto $5), and Fee in select categories (from $35 to $300).
What comes next is registering to sell on sears, to start an unforgettable journey. Sears not only has great tools with business utility, but also comes with a great potential customer base you can reach out to. Sears is a complete package marketplace you can’t miss to sell on.