Seller’s Step By Step Guide To Create Facebook Shop
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Is your business suffering amidst a crisis, or are you wondering how to increase your brand value and reach your potential customers through Facebook Shops?
Creating a Facebook shop is one of the best strategies to increase your product reach and grow your business. Despite the easy selling procedure of selling on Facebook, many sellers do not know how to create a Facebook shop for their Facebook account.
In this blog, you will learn how to create a Facebook shop, surfacing your products, the ways to promote the products in your Facebook shop.
What are Facebook Shops?
Facebook Shops make it easy for businesses to set up a single online store for customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram. Creating a Facebook Shop is free and simple. Businesses can choose the products they want to feature from their catalogue and then customize the look and feel of their shop with a cover image and accent colours that showcase their brand.
The significant features included in Facebook Shops are:
- Increase social engagement: On average, people spend nearly an hour on the platform every day. Therefore, using Facebook Shops, you can increase your business reach by capitalizing on your customer’s attention towards your products.
- Product tagging on Facebook and Instagram: To generate traffic to your Shops, you can tag the products featured in your image and surface your products to a wider audience base.
- Unified shopping experience: Shop customisation features are unified across Facebook Commerce. This means creating a Facebook Shop helps you create a seamless shopping experience across both Facebook and Instagram. As your product collections may be visible on both Instagram and Facebook.
- Native mobile experience: Facebook Shops showcase your brand and products in a native mobile experience. So, your customers can access your products on your Shop through a full-screen immersive experience and your collections will be shown as personalised products to customers.
- Reduces friction in the sales process: Make it easier for your customers to purchase from your shop by facilitating in-app checkout. The checkout option lets your customers buy products right after the moment of discovery without having to leave the app.
Benefits of creating a Facebook Shop
It is easy to create a Facebook Shop. You can create collections and customize your storefront according to your preferences. Additionally, Facebook has now made it easier for you to connect with businesses through Whatsapp, Messenger, etc. and communicate with your customers through live videos and initiate effortless selling. The focus is now on providing a personalized user experience where the products will be enlisted according to users’ preferences.
The Facebook shop with checkout is currently available only for US merchants.
Requirements to set up Facebook Shop
To create a Facebook Shop, you must fulfil specific criteria:
- You must have a Facebook page and catalogue connected to the same Business Manager account.
- Be a Business Manager admin.
- Must follow the Merchant’s terms and conditions.
- The category that best describes your business.
- You must have a tax identification number matching your legal name and business.
- Your valid bank account information.
- Your delivery options, return policy, and customer service email address are to be enlisted.
- You must deliver products within the next three shipping days.
How to set up a Facebook Shop
To set up a Facebook Shop, you have to follow one step after another.
Create a Facebook Business Page
The first step is to have a Facebook business page. For this:
- You can visit ‘Facebook.’
- Click on the option of the ‘Create A Page’ option.
- Choose the business category for your Facebook Page.
- After this, add the information such as your product pictures, and a short description of your business. Besides, make sure to add a compelling username for your profile and add an attractive About section.
Connect your Facebook Page to Commerce Manager
For connecting your Facebook Page to Commerce Manager Account, you need to:
- Go to the Commerce Manager and select ‘Start selling.’
- To set up your Facebook page, click on ‘Get started for Facebook.’ Select ‘Set up on Commerce Manager’ for making a native Facebook Shop with the in-app checkout.
- Now you have to add the following information to create a Commerce Manager account:
- Business information.
- Product and Setting.
- Payout information.
- Next, give a name to your Commerce Manager account.
In case you have a page shop setup. You can move directly to the Commerce manager account creation.
Create a Business Manager account
- Next, you can add your pre-existing Facebook Page to the Commerce Manager Account or create a new one by clicking on ‘Create Page’
- Now add the Business name to your account.
- In case you already have a Business Manager account, you can click on the existing page and move ahead.
- If you don’t have a Business Manager account, click on ‘Create Business Manager Account’ and finish your business account detail set up.
Add product details
The next step is to add your product details or create a catalogue. Click on ‘Get started’ in Products and Setting.
- Click on ‘Create a new catalogue’ to add products and other information to connect the catalogue with the page.
- After setting up your catalogue, provide Shipping details, return policies and your valid email address.
If you already have a catalogue, you have an option to choose the existing catalogue.
The last step is to add your payment information to set up your Facebook Shop with checkout. For this:
- Add your business details, including the state where you reside your business and the website address.
- Choose a Business Category that best describes your business.
- Next, add tax and business representative details.
- Add your bank details to complete your payment details.
It will approximately take two weeks for your Facebook Shop to be approved by Facebook.
How to connect your Facebook Shop with Shopify account
Having your eCommerce store, if you want to extend your reach to Facebook Commerce, Business Partners can help you in the process. The Business Partners helps you make your selling experience seamless by syncing your eCommerce stores with Facebook accounts.
To connect your account with Facebook Business partners, you have to:
- Connect the app with the Facebook account.
- Once done, you’ll be redirected to Facebook Business Extension (FBE), where you have to fulfil the procedure:
- Connect your account with CedCommerce.
- Connect with Business Partners to leverage Facebook business extension.
- Choose a Business Manager, Facebook product catalogue, Facebook pixel, your ad catalogue to manage your business across Facebook and Instagram.
- Allow permissions to CedCommerce to manage your business across Facebook & Instagram
- After allowing permissions to CedCommerce to manage your business. Map your category location and product import to manage your business effortlessly across Facebook and Instagram.
- After fulfilling the FBE criteria, you’ll be redirected to the app. The app lets you configure the default settings for Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping; so that the app automatically maps with your available Shopify store products and the warehouse.
Besides, now WooCommerce and Shopify merchants can also sell across Facebook Commerce surfaces. I.e, Facebook Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Facebook Page Shop, Instagram Shopping through Social Commerce by CedCommerce and Facebook & Instagram Shopping. And initiate effortless selling across the platform. Also, if you have your Magento store, you can simply showcase your product listings on Facebook Marketplace and initiate effortless selling through your eCommerce store.
Advantages of listing products through Facebook Business Partners
There are the following advantages provided by Facebook Business Partners:
- Marketplace, Shops, and Instagram Shopping: Harness the immersive shopping experience with Facebook Commerce. You can add a catalogue to the Facebook page and create allow your listings to be visible across all platforms.
- Checkout across Facebook Commerce: Simplify your shopping journey by enabling frictionless payments. If you are a business using checkout on Facebook Commerce, you can allow the shoppers to make a purchase right from the place of discovery, without leaving the app.
- A suite of Business Tools: By integrating with FBE, you get a broader set of data, helping you drive discovery and sales along all vertices and manage your experience on Facebook assets.
How to market your products on Facebook Shops 2021?
Facebook Shops brings you immersive selling experiences across the platform. Here are a few strategies that you can opt to market your products on Facebook:
- Be active and prompt: Be active and prompt in your postings and engagement with people. This builds your image and trust among your people.
- Call To Action: There can be many reasons for people visiting your page. Give them CTA to perform some activities. For example Book Now, Shop now, Send a message, etc.
- Pinned Post: Let your users or page visitors never miss your most important posts or products or sales opportunities.
- Run Ads: You can run Facebook ads and increase your visibility among your target audience. Based upon the Facebook analytics as discussed above you can create your own product and promotional strategies.
- Get Back linked and Verified: Backlinking strengthens your web domain and the Facebook verification badge helps to build the credibility of your brand and people feel confident to buy products from you.
eCommerce is revolutionizing in its dimensions, and so are social media websites. Creating a Facebook shop is simple and free. So, you can directly create your Facebook Shop through the traditional method or can connect with Facebook marketing partners and sell hassle-free across the platform. You can drop down your comments below in case of any queries; our customer support service is available 24/7 to assist you.