How To Rank Product Listing On Walmart To Stay Competitive?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Rank Product Listing on Walmart, tackle Walmart SEO and Sell more than ever. Change the way you handle Product Listing at Walmart now to get all the attention of your customers. It is a known fact that customers do not go beyond two pages while browsing online marketplaces around 90% of the time. And Half of them do not go beyond the first page before getting lost in the rain of multiple listings, discounts, and same product. Hence the important questions that arise here on are: How to do Product Listing on Walmart Better? How To Rank Product Listing On Walmart To Stay Competitive? Explore further to find out all about it.
Hence, what as sellers you need to understand is that a high ranking of your products can provide you an extra edge over others. Anyhow, it’s just a few things to take care of such as Product Name, optimized product descriptions, SEO and one is good to go.
Explore further to find out all about it.
- What you should know about Walmart SEO?
- How to Rank product listing at Walmart?
- Did you know about these rankings of products at Walmart?
- Bonus: Questions You Should Ask!
What you should know about Walmart SEO?
Walmart has its own Search Engine, called Polaris which extensively crawls all the listings and tries to match the listings with Keywords searched by a customer as much as possible. Thus, just like websites need to follow SEO guidelines to the core to rank at the top for the correct keyword, Walmart listings need to have all SEO guidelines followed.
Product Listings at Walmart can have a chance to appear at the top organically as well as through sponsored means. Apart from that, Sellers can take steps to get ranked better. They can earn badges and directly appear at the top when customers select filters. Some of the most common badges are Clearance, RollBack, Reduced, Base, Special Buy, etc.
Other Ranks that sellers can win include BestSeller, New, Highest Rating, only on Walmart, and other sponsored titles such as As Advertised, etc.
Walmart SEO Ranking
The more Informations you provide in the Product Listing at Walmart, the better SEO you earn. Make sure you go through the Walmart Marketplace and look for your product to judge every aspect before listing it.
For instance, imagine you are looking forward to selling Toys. In order to understand how SEO will affect your listing, follow two different processes.
Your Product: A wooden Dollhouse with realistic 3D Appearance.
The Dollhouse is in the model of a Loft, which is a tricky thing. You might feel the need to highlight the LOFT feature over DOLLHOUSE. But, you will soon see that there are consequences respective to the choice you make here.
Try following the actions below:
- Go to Walmart.com and select the Toys Department in the Search bar.
- You will see plenty of listings, all mixed up, nothing in particular.
- Thus, here try finding your dollhouse anywhere on the first three to four pages.
- Now, just go to the search bar and type in “Dollhouse”.
- You will see plenty of dollhouses, but probably none like the one you are selling. Or possibly you see one that is the exact same product as yours.
Now consider how a simple search as Dollhouse will make your listing at the top or at least on the first page. How will your customers see the product on Walmart listings?
Just tell the Search Engine, exactly what is it that you want your dollhouse to rank for, in every intricate detail you can imagine.
Albeit, you do not have to imagine much here, since WalMart is ready with more than thirty features that you need to align with your products and let the search engine do its job.
Just go with all variations and descriptions thoroughly. When a customer comes looking for a dollhouse and uses the filters for the search, the search engine will take the customer directly to the best match and this inevitably brings the most targeted traffic to your listing.
Walmart Keyword Research
One more point that can solidify your rank is the proper use of Keywords to appease SEO requirements of Walmart Search Engine. In order to rank better, make sure your listing has Keywords strategically used, and what these keywords should be, is based upon the product and the filters mentioned above.
To get a better understanding of this, revisit the Walmart and search for the dollhouse, only this time use all filters.
- Go to Walmart.com
- Type Dollhouse in the search engine, if you want, you can select “Toys” in the Department section.
- Use filters, at least a few of them, and see eventually how all lists diminish to one or two.
This is how people reach the exact product they want. And if you miss out on giving every detail corresponding to that product, the customer might end up not seeing your product listing at Walmart.
How to Rank Product Listing at Walmart?
For the sake of ranking your product listing at Walmart, you need to optimize the listings as per the Walmart Search Engine requirements. From selecting the right keywords for description and title to selecting the best Image for display, everything needs to be done as per SEO Algorithm.
How to optimize Walmart Product Listing?
Walmart.com has laid down certain SEO practices to follow. Following these practices, you can rank up your products at Walmart and in return, Walmart can boost your business. Use the most relevant keywords in your item’s description and title.
Extra attention is required while framing content for Product Name, Short and Long Descriptions Bullets, Images. Implementation of this practice guarantees greater visibility.
Here are certain tips that can help you out.
- Create a good title following the Walmart Guidelines.
- Do a thorough Keyword Research and take suggestions from the listings of your competitors. Further, use keywords tactically in the Title and Descriptions.
- Write a precise and crisp list of Features and Attributes.
- Use good images that follow the Guidelines from Walmart.
- Keep the price competitively low.
- Learn from the Customer Reviews.
- Take extra leaps to attract customers.
- Sell popular products during the corresponding seasons.
Title to win
- Always try to put 50-75 words for your product name.
- Write unique product-specific titles not used anywhere before, don’t include any marketing phrases.
- Don’t provide any specific symbols like ™, ½, @, ^, *, hearts or shapes.
- Club the brand with the most popular attributes.
Below is one such example from Walmart knowledge base where an excellent description of the brand (Dura Trel) is clubbed with attribute (White Finish, Small Slat Planter)
As per Walmart’s guidelines, the best title can be written using the following syntax:
Brand + Clothing Size Group (if applicable) + Defining Quality + Item Name + Style (if applicable) + Pack Count
Performing Keyword research before creating listings is an extremely important ritual. Just creating a description to provide appropriate information is useful only to the extent where customers actually manage to see the listing. Hence, it is crucial that you write a description, the list of the attribute as well as the title with tactical use of Keywords.
List of Attributes and Features
- Must be between 1000 and 4000 character or, between 10 to 30 features and benefits
- Must include relevant keywords, product name, brand name, and product name’s synonyms and related words that customers use to search the product
- The Description should be informative and target a consumer’s needs.
- Provide clear and useful specifications for the product
- Do not write an inarticulate long story of the product and its existence, a little personalization is okay.
Click Images to Educate not to Display Art
- Understand the purpose of product images. They are supposed to show users exactly what the product looks like and not how beautiful it looks under lights and a multitude of filters.
- Do not click overexaggerated images, if you don’t want people to give negative reviews, return the product immediately and never buy it again.
- Be honest with how the product looks, try to capture the color and pattern accurately and declare in the description if there are chances that people might find the color of the actual product to be different.
- Do not click pictures that purposefully make the product look bigger or smaller than they actually are.
- Make sure there are no Watermarks or logos on pictures.
- There shouldn’t be any other object in the picture apart from the product itself.
In the Images marked good, they are accurate, show the size with practical proof, there are no logos, brand promotion or packaging. If there are any special features, such as LED Lights, they have been shown accurately. In the Images below, the packages are shown, size is not accurate and for the first image, a lot of people have claimed that the image shown is not the same as the products, colors and sizes are all off and quality is poor.
On Walmart, one of the first search filters that a customer applies is Cost and they keep the cost in a lower range. Go with Walmart’s policy of Lowest Cost to sell better, and not lose your listing out of nowhere.
Learn From the Reviews
- Learn from what people are telling you through Reviews.
- Try to eliminate the concerns of your customers through either listing the product appropriately or declaring things in advance.
- If the quality is a concern for people, try to either forward the concerns to the manufacturer or try out different brands for that product.
- Sell what you believe in.
- Make special efforts to ensure there is backup information available through your website or social media platforms.
- Try to educate people in the most convincing manner through either newsletters, emails or social media ads.
- Try to gauge what people want from a particular category and engage people accordingly.
- Recognize your frequent customers and offer them some sort of loyalty program, offer, coupon, gift certificate or try listing a Charity certificate to raise resources for a cause.
This sounds like an indirect technique, but it is not. There are titles to be earned such as Best Sellers, Highest Ranking, etc. And these actions promote your sales safely meanwhile improving your ODR, getting you titled better as well as faster.
Sell What Sells
- The best way to sell more is to sell what people want.
- Follow the trends and figure out what people are looking for. If you are a toy seller and suddenly Elsa Ana Dolls become the must-have toy for every little girl in the state, quickly stock and list them.
- If it is Hanukkah, round up all the DIY Menorah Kits along with the Train to the North Pole Set for Christmas. Figure out what people want along with the gap corresponding to it.
Did you know this about the rankings of these Products on Walmart?
- Special Buy
- Highest Rating
- Sponsored Products (CPC ADs)
- Only on Walmart
- Price Shown at Cart
- Price at Checkout
- As Advertised
These rankings are under sellers’ control. Thus you can earn these within a few steps. You can find more about these rankings in “How to create a great item listing at Walmart?”
Bonus: Questions You Should Ask
All of this is too much! Is there a shortcut?
Well yes, all of this can be a bit too much. But there is a shortcut. It is called Artificial Intelligence. Get in touch with the experts now and change the way you do listings. Stop spending time in the technicalities of all the uploadings and reloading and maintaining logs of inventories. Experience your new Multi-Channel store right away.
How can I Increase Walmart Sales?
In order to increase sales of Product Listing at Walmart, find out some great tricks in this read, 4 amazing ways to increase your sales on Walmart.
What Does Sponsored Product mean on Walmart?
Sponsored Products on Walmart imply those products, for which the seller has bought an ad and hence, the product ranks higher under the sign “Sponsered Product”. This enhances visibility, authority and inevitably conversion rate for the said product listing at Walmart.
What is a Buy Box at Walmart and what can you do about it?
Buy Box is a feature that enables a direct link right next to the product Listing, from where customers can add the product cart or buy it. There are practices that when followed reverently help sellers in winning it.
Since mere existence is not required, in order to succeed in winning more buy boxes and better results, follow the aforementioned practices in order to go far beyond.
Furthermore, here are a few additional reads you can benefit from: