Why Should You Promote Etsy Shop On Pinterest?
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Have you come across a platform, filled with so many pictures about designer clothing, DIY crafts, gleaming posters, creative photographs, and so much more? Did you get any clue? Come on!
Ok, let me help. You may be wondering “Etsy” but “Pinterest” it is.
See how they are in close proximity with one another, and because of this, You can sell on Etsy and let your buyers shop on Pinterest.
If you already have an Etsy shop, you must be well aware of how important it is to get traffic from Pinterest. Now, traffic generation is not something that you can make just by a mere existence on a single podium.
To grab those like-minded people for your creation, you ought to promote Etsy on Pinterest and drive enough sales to your store.
To do so! you are to unleash the following
- What is Pinterest
- Why promote Etsy on Pinterest?
- What Make Etsy Pin Your Stuff On Pinterest?
- How to get traffic from Pinterest to your Etsy Shop?
- Why Pinterest –> An efficient medium to market Etsy Shop?
- How to promote Etsy shop on Pinterest?
- Ways to mine Keywords From Pinterest?
You must have asked these questions multiple times by now if you already. Let us help you with the reasons & answers. For driving traffic, you need to market your shops on different social media dais, and what better platform could be there other than Pinterest
In case you are oblivious of Pinterest, let us brief you about it.
What is Pinterest?
It is a virtual pin-board and a platform for sharing images. You can pin (share and save) and re-pin (re-share and save) images on this platform. Pinterest is as popular as Instagram with millennials
Now let’s answer your question-
Why promote Etsy on Pinterest?
Well, there you have it. Now you can see why Etsy and Pinterest are such a pizzazz. To get traffic from Pinterest, promoting your Etsy shop or marketing your shop is a beneficial step.
Pinterest is a source of organic and targeted traffic. Your pins related to your listed products will drive the most relevant traffic to your shop. Hence it is one of the best ways to promote online.
Know the fact that Pinterest audience is buyers as well; they are curious and have a knack for unique collectibles; these items can be furniture, showpieces, gifts, home decors, or anything you can think of.
They are very much into art and craft, And Etsy is a platform for artists who create things. What other wholesome reason do you need as to why you should promote your shop on Pinterest.
Make sure you pin every listed item in your shop if you are aiming to catch the attention of your audience on Pinterest.
According to Pinterest’s survey, 98% of the users have tried something new that they found on the platform, which clearly shows that Pinterest influences a lot of buyers.
There are 40% of the male audience as new logins on Pinterest. The quantity is far more in comparison to Etsy. Hence you will be getting much more male traffic from Pinterest than Etsy search itself if you have Etsy shop with items for males.
Etsy on Pinterest
The shoppers who are promoted directly by Etsy have a significant chance of driving organic traffic that can lead to the sale of their products.
There are a total of 36 pinboards on which Etsy updates pins regularly. Some of these boards are further divided into sections
These are created so that the users can directly view what they want to, instead of searching for it endlessly and getting frustrated. Etsy knows that a significant percentage of buyers do visit Pinterest before making any purchase.
Directing them to what they are searching for, is a way how Etsy itself promotes the sellers.
If you are thinking, why does Etsy need to this? The answer is, it benefits Etsy big time, the more sale is made through Etsy’s platform, the more it earns; also Etsy can attract more craft and vintage sellers on its platform through Pinterest.
What Make Etsy Pin Your Stuff On Pinterest?
Etsy pinning your stuff means fat chances of you to get noticed broadly. To make Etsy pin your things on their board, you will have to take notes of the critical points.
Etsy has 36 pinboards, and some of those pinboards are divided into sections, as well as mentioned above. Check out all these boards and the sections they are divided into. This will help you to make notes that your items can be included in which board or its section.
If your item is categorizable in any particular section, observe the keywords used for the pinned item’s name and description.
You can use a similar frame of description and pin name. This will increase the probability of your items being pinned by Etsy itself.
Etsy also re-pins other’s pins. Follow those pinners and take ideas from their pins. It will help you surface up more. Having your own Pinterest account is a plus point, as Etsy can directly repin your pins instead of picking them up from the site.
The pictures that are pinned or repinned by Etsy are mostly natural and don’t give off any marketing or promotional vibe.
You should try to shoot these kinds of pictures if you want your stuff to be pinned or re-pinned by Etsy. Following these steps can increase the probability of your items to be pinned or re-pinned by Etsy.
Why Pinterest –> An efficient medium to market Etsy Shop?
If you look at the ranking of Pinterest as well as Etsy, there is a very fine line between the two. Pinterest accounts for about 42% of the social traffic on Etsy, this huge traffic reference makes Pinterest, a very important platform to market your Etsy Shops. In addition to this, through Pinterest’s Business account, you can claim your Etsy shop and sync all your products directly on Pinterest.
In the event that, the prospects search for “handmade Christmas ornaments” on Pinterest to get ideas about what to wear on Christmas celebration. Pinterest will come up with all the results on the handmade category. Among those results, you will surely find the items from the Etsy marketplace, as handmade products are the niche for Etsy you need not take any extra efforts to market your products on Pinterest.
By claiming your Etsy shop on Pinterest, you can expand your reach of target customers and also gain a momentum of reference traffic to your store.
Pinterest strong algorithm, let you counter the specific keywords so that the displayed search results exactly matches the search query.
Other than Etsy shop, you can also claim your Instagram Store as well as the YouTube handle of the shop with Pinterest.
How to get traffic from Pinterest to your Etsy Shop?
Pinterest is a sturdy platform to drive a mega mass of organic traffic to your Etsy store hands down. But you must know how to do it right. And here is how you can.
Business Account On Pinterest
Well, without an account, you can’t start pinning, and while you are at it, why not a business account. A business account on any social media platform provides you with the insights of each of your posts. Through these insights, you can draw out which posts and pins are performing better, and you can further plan your pins according to the ideas.
The insights also help you to know more about the trends and what’s popular among the audience.
Learn To Pin Like a Pro
Create relevant pinboards, divide them into sections if you have a wide variety of products.
if you sell clothes, you can create a board named fashion clothing and then divide it into sections like Dresses, Hoodies, Trousers, or whatever you sell. Each of your sections will create more relevance.
Urge your customers to send their pictures with your products. You can use them on Pinterest. Select the most natural and alluring pictures
- Pins like these appeal to the audience. Seeing your product on someone gives them an idea of it in use.
- Using your customer’s pictures doesn’t mean that you can’t use yours. Spend time on the photography of your products or hire a pro photographer to do the job. The core is to get the best and catchy shots.
- If possible, try to tell a story through your pins. Storytelling pins are easy to relate to and captures people’s imagination.
- Pin regularly. You need to be present in the mind of your audience, and pinning periodically is the key. Make sure to at least pin twice a day. However, don’t overdo with pinning. It may backfire, and your followers may spam you.
- Use catchy captions for your pins and always keep your keyword game on point. Observe other pinners who pin similar posts to you and take notes of the keywords they are using as the tags and captions.
- Re-pin others’ posts. Follow popular pinners and re-pin their most popular pins. This will also sustain relevant traffic for you.
How To Promote Etsy Shop on Pinterest?
Pinterest is not just a podium for traffic generation; it is pertinent for Etsy marketing as well. You must not underestimate Pinterest. With apt tactics, you can use it for wide-range marketing.
- Add a price tag on your pins. It will automatically include your pins in the gift section, increasing the chances of you getting searched more often. Adding price also gives you the option to link your shop directly to the pin.
- Offer something unique and exclusive. People are always on the look for exclusive things. If you sell jewelry and you have unique designs, you must pin them. Offering exclusive pins will attract the audience and shoot up your shop’s popularity.
- Build a Pinterest community around your Etsy shop and engage with the users. Urge your customers to re-pin your posts and also to post their pins and tag your shop or link it.
- Improve your SEO by generating backlinks, if you blog and vlog about your stuff and are also on other social media platforms, link your pins there. They will create backlinks for your pins and upsurge the audience percentage.
Ways to mine Keywords From Pinterest?
This is one more benefit that you can reap from Pinterest. Mining keywords from Pinterest can help you get found on the Etsy store more often.
Why Pinterest? Because it has specified searches from the audiences, and these searches can be your keywords.
You can even search in the Etsy Pinterest section.
In a specific category, you can see the most searched subcategories that can be used as keywords. Plus, you can also draw ideas from different pins as to what keywords are used for their descriptions.
There are other social media platforms as well, which means there are as many chances for you to promote, market, and drive traffic.
You can make a chunky earning just by selling on Etsy if you follow proper marketing and promotion methods. If you are a newbie and want to spawn your shop on Etsy, we can help you out. Check Us Out