Everything You Need To Know About Promoting Your Etsy Shop On Pinterest!- 2022
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Have you come across a platform, filled with so many pictures about designer clothing, DIY crafts, gleaming posters, creative photographs, and so much more? Did you get any clue? Come on!
Ok, let me help. You may be wondering “Etsy” but “Pinterest” it is.
See how they are in close proximity with one another, and because of this, You can sell on Etsy and let your buyers shop on Pinterest.
If you already have an Etsy shop, you must be well aware of how important it is to get traffic from Pinterest. Now, traffic generation is not something that you can make just by a mere existence on a single podium.
To grab those like-minded people for your creation, you ought to promote Etsy on Pinterest and drive enough sales to your store.
To do so! you are to unleash the following
- What is Pinterest
- Why promote Etsy on Pinterest?
- How to promote Etsy shop on Pinterest?
- Etsy On Pinterest
- What makes Etsy promote your shop on Pinterest?
- How to get the most of Pinterest?
You must have asked these questions multiple times by now if you already. Let us help you with the reasons & answers. For driving traffic, you need to market your shops on different social media dais, and what better platform could be there other than Pinterest
In case you are oblivious of Pinterest, let us brief you about it.
What is Pinterest?
It is a virtual pin-board and a platform for sharing images. You can pin (share and save) and re-pin (re-share and save) images on this platform. Pinterest is as popular as Instagram with millennials
Why promote Etsy on Pinterest?
Well, there you have it. Now you can see why Etsy and Pinterest are such a pizzazz. To get traffic from Pinterest, promoting your Etsy shop or marketing your shop is a beneficial step.
Pinterest is a source of organic and targeted traffic. Your pins related to your listed products will drive the most relevant traffic to your shop. Hence it is one of the best ways to promote online.
Pinterest Audience Loves to Buy
Know the fact that Pinterest audience is buyers as well.
Majority of buyers made a purchase after seeing the product on Pinterest. Moreover, a survey suggests that 83% of users on Pinterest follow the brands they like and not celebrity accounts. Hence, it’s clear that the intent of the majority of Pinterest users is to shop.
Let’s see how it all works with an example. Say, when the prospects search for “Handmade Christmas Ornaments” on Pinterest to get ideas about what to wear on Christmas celebration. Pinterest will come up with all the results on the handmade category. Among those results, you will surely find the items from the Etsy marketplace, as handmade products are the niche for Etsy you need not take any extra efforts to market your products on Pinterest.
Pinterest audience is curious and has a knack for unique collectibles; these items can be furniture, showpieces, gifts, home decors, or anything you can think of. They are very much into art and craft, and Etsy is a platform for artists who create things. What other wholesome reason do you need as to why you should promote your shop on Pinterest.
In case you have an Etsy shop with items for men, and you do feel cornered on Etsy because of its huge female audience, then let Pinterest establish some equality there. Since, 40% of the Pinterest audience is reported to be male, which is far more than what we have on Etsy. You will be getting much more male traffic from Pinterest than Etsy search can provide.
Display where your buyers already are
According to another Pinterest’s survey, 98% of the users have tried something new that they found on the platform, which clearly shows that Pinterest influences a lot of buyers. If you look at the rankings of Pinterest and Etsy, you’ll find a fine line between the two. Pinterest accounts for about 42% of the social traffic on Etsy. This huge traffic reference makes Pinterest an important platform to market your Etsy Shops.
Etsy has been dominating the Pinterest world. Etsy has got the most number of repins leaving all other sites far, far behind.
If you are still confused about whether you should promote your Etsy shop on Pinterest or not, here’s the biggest reason why you should.
Well, the traffic that you will generate over Pinterest can be directed to any other channel apart from Etsy. Hence, if you are someone hoping to sell through multi-channel selling in future, promoting your current shop on Pinterest and generating traffic on to your Pinterest account is not going to be a waste at all. Specially, if you can manage you maintain your traffic with consistency and right promotional practices.
Apart from all that
Pinterest will also allow you to do competitive research and generate new ideas for your shop as well as listings.
Another benefit that you can reap from Pinterest is mining keywords from the platform. This will help you get found on Etsy more often. You might ask why Pinterest? Well, because it has specified searches from the audiences, and these searches can be your keywords.
You can even search in the Etsy Pinterest section. In a specific category, you can see the most searched subcategories that can be used as keywords. Plus, you can also draw ideas from different pins as to what keywords are used for their descriptions.
How to promote Etsy shop on Pinterest
Pinterest is a sturdy platform to drive a mega mass of organic traffic to your Etsy store hands down.
Now that you know that promoting your Etsy shop on pinterest can be a potential game changer for your business. Let’s talk about how to get started. Trust me, it’s not rocket science and with a little bit of practice, you will be playing like a pro in no time.
The basics of getting started
A business account
A business account on any social media platform provides you with the insights of each of your posts. Through these insights, you can draw out which posts and pins are performing better, and you can further plan your pins according to the ideas. The insights also help you to know more about the trends and what’s popular among the audience.
It’s okay if you have a personal account on pinterest, you can update the same one as your business account. Just make sure you do not have existing content on your account that is irrelevant to the target audience for your Etsy shop. If you want to skip the audit, just go on and create a fresh new one.
Once you’re done with creating your account, complete your profile. Again, nothing too difficult, just make sure your name resembles your shop name, and within the description you have added relevant keywords to attract your target audience. Don’t forget to put a link to your Etsy shop.
What are boards? Simply put, boards on pinterest are just like any other bulletin board, but virtual. These will help you categorise your pins. Boards can be presented in many ways.
Make sure each board has a clear, distinct, and a specific name. Next, add a description to your board. Make sure that you use keywords as naturally as possible. Lastly, assign a category to your board and save it.
For starters, pin every listed item in your shop on relevant boards. Apart from that, you can create diversity on your boards by pinning other pins as well.
Pro Tip: It’s better to have a large number of boards with fewer pins than to have few boards with a large number of pins.
You can also divide pinboards into sections if you have a wide variety of products.
For example, if you sell clothes, you can create a board named fashion clothing and then divide it into sections like Dresses, Hoodies, Trousers, or whatever you sell. Each of your sections will create more relevance.
Here are some tips that’ll come handy once you start creating pins to promote your Etsy shop
- Urge your customers to send their pictures with your products. You can use them on Pinterest. Select the most natural and alluring pictures
- Pins like these appeal to the audience. Seeing your product on someone gives them an idea of it in use.
- Using your customer’s pictures doesn’t mean that you can’t use yours. Spend time on the photography of your products or hire a pro photographer to do the job. The core is to get the best and catchy shots.
- If possible, try to tell a story through your pins. Storytelling pins are easy to relate to and capture people’s imagination.
- Pin regularly. You need to be present in the mind of your audience, and pinning periodically is the key. Make sure to at least pin twice a day. However, don’t overdo with pinning. It may backfire, and your followers may spam you.
- Use catchy captions for your pins and always keep your keyword game on point. Observe other pinners who pin similar posts to you and take notes of the keywords they are using as the tags and captions.
- Do not forget to use a link, name of your shop, an icon or anything that you can use for branding your pins. This will protect it from being stolen or copied.
- Re-pin others’ posts. Follow popular pinners and re-pin their most popular pins. This will also sustain relevant traffic for you.
Claim your Etsy shop on Pinterest
By claiming your Etsy shop on Pinterest, you can expand your reach of target customers and also gain a momentum of reference traffic to your store. After creating your account, go to Pinterest setting and click on Claim in the dropdown. Follow the instructions afterwards.
Other than Etsy shop, you can also claim your Instagram Store as well as the YouTube handle of the shop with Pinterest.
Etsy on Pinterest
Etsy has an official account on Pinterest as well. They feature sellers through their pins regularly.
The shops which are promoted directly by Etsy have a significant chance of driving organic traffic that can lead to the sale of their products.
There are a total of 36 pinboards on which Etsy updates pins regularly. Some of these boards are further divided into sections
These are created so that the users can directly view what they want to, instead of searching for it endlessly and getting frustrated. Etsy knows that a significant percentage of buyers do visit Pinterest before making any purchase.
Directing them to what they are searching for, is a way how Etsy itself promotes the sellers.
If you are thinking, why does Etsy need to this? The answer is, it benefits Etsy big time, the more sale is made through Etsy’s platform, the more it earns; also Etsy can attract more craft and vintage sellers on its platform through Pinterest.
Yayy! The festive season is right around the corner and this couldn’t be more exciting. Join our Webinar on Etsy Festive Planning and make sure you make the best of it! WATCH NOW!
What Makes Etsy Promote Your Shop On Pinterest?
Etsy pinning your stuff means fat chances of you to get noticed broadly. To make Etsy pin your things on their board, you will have to take notes of the critical points.
Etsy has 36 pinboards, and some of those pinboards are divided into sections, as well as mentioned above. Check out all these boards and the sections they are divided into. This will help you to make notes that your items can be included in which board or its section.
If your item is categorisable in any particular section, observe the keywords used for the pinned item’s name and description.
You can use a similar frame of description and pin name. This will increase the probability of your items being pinned by Etsy itself.
Etsy also re-pins other’s pins. Follow those pinners and take ideas from their pins. It will help you surface up more. Having your own Pinterest account is a plus point, as Etsy can directly repin your pins instead of picking them up from the site.
The pictures that are pinned or repinned by Etsy are mostly natural and don’t give off any marketing or promotional vibe.
You should try to shoot these kinds of pictures if you want your stuff to be pinned or re-pinned by Etsy. Following these steps can increase the probability of your items to be pinned or re-pinned by Etsy.
How To Promote Etsy Shop on Pinterest to get the most of it
Pinterest is not just a podium for traffic generation; it is pertinent for Etsy marketing as well. You must not underestimate Pinterest. With apt tactics, you can use it for wide-range marketing.
- Add a price tag on your pins. It will automatically include your pins in the gift section, increasing the chances of you getting searched more often. Adding price also gives you the option to link your shop directly to the pin.
- Offer something unique and exclusive. People are always on the look for exclusive things. If you sell jewelry and you have unique designs, you must pin them. Offering exclusive pins will attract the audience and shoot up your shop’s popularity.
- If you sell furniture than Pinterest recently launched AR try on home decor for an easy online shopping experience. Use this to your advantage.
- Build a Pinterest community around your Etsy shop and engage with the users. Urge your customers to re-pin your posts and also to post their pins and tag your shop or link it.
- Improve your SEO by generating backlinks, if you blog and vlog about your stuff and are also on other social media platforms, link your pins there. They will create backlinks for your pins and upsurge the audience percentage.
- Opt for promoted pins by Pinterest. Once you are in the game and growing, you can promote your pins as well. For which, you will be paying an amount to make your pins reach more eyeballs. Pinterest has reported that- Websites see a 100% increase in traffic within a week of their first promoted pin campaign.
You can make a chunky earning just by selling on Etsy if you follow proper marketing and promotion methods.
If you are a newbie and want to spawn your shop on Etsy, we can help you out. Check Us Out