How To Sell On Black Friday 2019 | Seller Tips To Earn More on Walmart Black Friday Sale
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Do you know that every third person in the US is a Walmart Customer?
Well, there can be no denying to the fact that the much-awaited holiday shopping season is about to start. Black Friday is on our doorsteps with infinite possibilities for sellers all around the globe.
So, What’s the best way to grasp each an every opportunity that will provide numerous benefits for retailers and online sellers?
The answer is – By Joining hands with the fastest growing E-commerce marketplace in the world, Walmart.
The Big Black Friday Sale 2019, this year begins soon.
For a seller, this is a really big opportunity to capitalize as much as possible from this Holiday shopping carnival.
Why is Walmart the best destination for Sellers on Black Friday?
Walmart has been popular for its ability to shake the share market by boosting the sales during the holiday seasons. The Fortune report concluded that Last year, 29% spike in the online sale of Walmart was reported, which was greater than any other online marketplace in the world.
This massive number proves that Walmart really has the potential for aggressive expansion, which in turn provide benefits to its sellers worldwide.
How to sell on Walmart Black Friday 2019:
Follow the following tips & strategies to make the most from Walmart black Friday sales 2019.
- Inventory clean-up
- Trend Analysis
- Upgrading the selling campaign
- Website Performance Survey
- SEO & SERP Presence Improvement
- Social Media Promotions
- Email Marketing
- Ensuring perfect delivery and logistics
- Stacking the inventory
- Hiring additional seasonal staff
- Disaster Management
Let us go through them in details:
Inventory survey & clean-up:
- As a Walmart seller, your first before selling on Black Friday must be taking a tour of your inventory.
- Look out which products are just sitting back and taking up space in the inventory
- Get rid of all these to make space for the upcoming products.
Latest Trend Analysis:
- This is the time when you do a complete market analysis pertaining to the products you are selling.
- Watch out for all the latest trends by looking from a customer’s perspective
- There is a big holiday season coming so don’t stick to black Friday and plan ahead for festivals like new year and Christmas too.
- Have a look at Trends and Strategies to follow this eCommerce festive holiday season.
Upgrade your selling campaign:
- Just selling is old school, this Black Friday season Aim for Upselling.
- Try and increase the range of your selling campaign by opting for an efficient selling tool.
- This Black Friday and holiday season, Ensure to connect your e-store using Walmart Integration.
A Complete website check-up:
- This is what online sellers don’t account for and end up losing potential customers.
- Due to a sudden increase in traffic during the black friday sales the website often gets crashed.
- Use tool like Google insights and other website analytics tool to asses the performance & capability.
Work on your SERP & SEO presence.
- Since you took care of the basics, now it’s time to let the search engines love what you are selling.
- Enhance your product description with Keywords and SEO optimized content.
- Add multiple high-quality images with the desired ALT text to describe your products.
Create a Buzz With Social Promotions.
- Letting your customers know what you are selling is the most important step of all.
- Catch your customers by promoting your Black Friday sales on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Work on a targeted campaign instead of generic to improve the engagement and conversion rate.
Strengthen your email marketing.
- Ensure to leave no stone unturned while marketing and promoting your products while selling on Black Friday 2019.
- Make a list of all your previous or potential customers and send them with an email newsletter informing about your special offer on Black Friday sale.
- Create urgency by informing that its just a limited time offer.
- Also, offer some sort of discount token like a promotional code and give them a reason to buy from you.
Up-to-date delivery and transportation
- You have made a successful purchase, now it’s your responsibility to deliver it successfully at your customers’ doorsteps.
- Ensure that you have an up to date delivery and logistic service, if not hire for one.
- This is to be noted that during this time of year, customers wish to get the product delivered as soon as possible.
Hire additional staff to take care of the increased demand:
- The availability of worker/labour during the time of Black Friday is really a challenge for retailers and online sellers.
- You can loose a bunch of potential customers due to the understaffing issue.
- As a seller, it becomes your responsibility to hire additional staff just for this holiday season.
- Convince your staff to stretch their working hours by giving them appreciation and bonus(if needed).
Be prepared for the worst:
- You can plan as much as you want, but there will be some or the other crisis every now and then.
- Nobody knows your selling campaign better than you, so be prepared with every course of action.
- This is the biggest opportunity for both old & new Walmart sellers to capitalize so don’t miss out on anything.
Why Is Selling On Black Friday A Good Place To Start For New Walmart Seller:
For a seller who is seeking to build and expand an e-commerce business, Walmart is one of the most suitable platforms, to begin with.
A few key points to support my statement is enlisted below:
Excellent Growth Potential:
In an attempt to be the dominant marketplace in the world, Walmart is willing to go to any lengths possible.
There is one thing I can say with absolute certainty that Walmart will never disappoint its seller, as they are the ones who are helping to build an empire.
A Survey from last year’s Feedvisor report concludes that Walmart is the fastest-growing marketplace in the world. So if you are looking to diversify your brand, then Walmart is the best alternative you have.
No Initial Setup Charges
To create a seller’s account on Walmart is free of cost.
You can do it in just a few clicks. Go to the Walmart Seller Registration and fill all the required details.
You just need to prove that you are a certified seller and after necessary verifications, you are good to go.
Start selling and earning from day one.
No Hidden Charges
Walmart doesn’t have any hidden or extra charges that you have to give monthly. Walmart only charges a referral fee which is determined by the product category.
Grow your Business Overseas:
Although joining the online party a little later than other marketplaces like Amazon and E-Bay, Walmart has spread its reach in various countries like Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, and various South Asian regions.
So, if you need to sell your product overseas, Walmart is compatible with doing so. All you need to create a seller’s account for that specific country and you are good to go. The delivery and packaging are all taken care off by Walmart only.
So, what would be a much better time to grow your business overseas than this Black Friday?
A Wide Variety and Categories Of Products:
You must be aware that during festive seasons like Thanksgiving & Black Friday, there is a demand for a variety of products.
There are various restrictions on other marketplaces, but Walmart sells everything from A to Z. It can be anything ranging from Electronics, Books, Clothing, Food, Pharmacy, or Automobile.
Walmart even allows you to sell Refurbished products. This is a very handy tool for clearing the inventory.
So, if you wish not to miss any such opportunities this Black Friday, then selling on Walmart is the Best option.
Walmart comes with an inbuilt feature of Automated repricing that focuses on providing you with the best benefits over time. It strategically alters the price of your product according to the market demands.
To make things clear let’s take an example:
You are selling an I-phone on Walmart. You have decided the price 760$. Another seller in the hope of winning the buy box starts selling it for 750$. The automatic repricing feature will analyze various categories and if you have a margin it will automatically trim down your price to 749.99$. Like this, you remain at the top of your competitor and sell more.
The advantage of this feature is that it keeps your product’s prices competitive at all times.
Low Margins But High Benefits :
Walmart is an evolving marketplace and is trying to gather as much as new customers as possible. In the hopes of doing so the seller’s margin on the selling price of a product is reduced.
But when looking at a bigger picture, higher sales volume is generated as compared to other marketplaces.
This all boils down to being an overall profit for a seller.
Just imagine the amount of sale you might be receiving on Black Friday, which will in turn upsurge the profit.
Brand Awareness & Development:
Walmart when combines with Black Friday Sales is the perfect recipe for Your Brand Awareness.
Your Brand’s is exposed to such a big platform where potential customers will be gathered around like bees.
You would be surprised to know that Walmart has the maximum number of unique visitors last year. This is a clear indication that new customers are eager to be a part of Walmart.
Just be sure to make the most of this amazing opportunity.
Walmart offers a very unique opportunity to make more money apart from sales.
In case you have your own warehouse or a shipping operation, Walmart offers you to perform shipping and delivery process by yourself.
You can adjust the shipping price, add the delivery charges according to your own convenience.
No delay in payments:
Walmart has a very strict policy of keeping their sellers happy. This policy features weekly payments without any delay.
So, Don’t worry if you have invested too much for the Black Friday Shopping because you’ll be receiving the reward very soon.
Black Friday is just the beginning of the Holiday Season Check out the 8 eCommerce holiday dates you should not miss for your business!
I hope that until now you have a much clear perception of how significant Walmart is for a seller.
Grow your brand along with Walmart and gain high-end benefits, brand awareness, and development.
Even if you are selling on some other marketplace, still you are missing a lot of benefits that you could easily gain. An event like Black Friday is the best time to capitalize as much as you can.
Download this Complete eCommerce Holiday Guide which contains all the stats and trends from the past years, we’ve made complete guide for your ease to help you plan your online selling