Amazon Selling Fees Updates For 2023
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
The festive season is now over, and many sellers selling on Amazon had their stocks cleared while some didn’t. With the New Year’s onset, Amazon hinted at a few pricing structure changes for their services. And it’s now a reality. Nearly 60% of the items sold on Amazon come from third-party sellers, but it now costs sellers more to store their items in Amazon Fulfillment Centers from January 17, 2023.
All sellers pay referral fees, which haven’t changed as the new fees hit on January 17, 2023. Referral Fees is a percentage of the total price, shipping cost, and any gift-wrapping charges.
Amazon Pricing Changes For 2023
With the onset of 2023, Sellers using Amazon’s FBA fulfillment service will see significant increases. A quick roundup of these changes has been listed below:-
- FBA outbound fee rates will increase by $0.22, on average.
- Peak monthly storage fees will rise by 20 cents per cubic foot for its non-sortable network. Off-peak storage will rise by between 3 – 4 cents per cubic fit.
- A new storage utilization surcharge will apply to sellers who store a high cube of inventory relative to the cube of their recent weekly sales, starting April 1, 2023.
- Amazon will increase the surcharges applied to inventory stored between 271-365 days, starting April 15, 2023.
- Amazon will introduce aged inventory surcharges on inventory stored between 180-270 days, excluding products in the following categories: Apparel, Shoes, Bags, Jewelry, and Watches, effective April 15, 2023.
It’s not just storing items that will cost more – Amazon will nearly double the cost of removing items from Amazon fulfillment centers. For example, removing a 2-pound standard-sized item from Amazon’s fulfillment center costs $1.14. In January, it will cost $2.20 to remove or dispose of the item.
Apparel sellers got bad news – Amazon will apply dim-weight pricing in calculating shipping weight for large standard-size products beginning February 16, 2023. However, Amazon will reduce the returns processing fee rates for customer-returned products in the Apparel and Shoes categories by an average of $0.20 per return.
Amazon Pricing Changes For 2023: Best Bits
However, things aren’t as gloomy as you’d imagine. Amazon is expanding its Small and Light program. This will be for new products that measure 18 x 14 x 8 inches or less and weigh 3 lb or less. Currently, the program is limited to items priced up to $10. On January 17, it will be open to items priced up to $12. This will enable sellers to realize the program’s lower fees for more of their selection, Amazon said.
Amazon is also lowering fees for the US FBA New Selection program. It also removes the following fee categories: Collectible Coins, Entertainment Collectibles, Sports Collectibles, and Collectible Cards.
In a nutshell, here are the changes that you should be aware of in this new pricing update:-
- Referral fees will remain unchanged.
- Fuel Inflation Surcharge cost increases have not attenuated as quickly as Amazon may have hoped. So they will adjust their standard FBA fee rates to account for these increased costs and will remove the separate Fuel and Inflation Surcharge at this time.
- Amazon will update and create additional granularity in their FBA fees that align fees with their underlying costs better. This will drive improved inventory health, more efficient use of Amazon’s storage, and more capacity for sellers to use space efficiently.
- Amazon will increase the rebate on sales for eligible new-to-FBA parent ASINs from 5% to 10% on average. Though, they will also increase the number of units eligible. The suitable time period for certain benefits within the program will be extended too. The rebate will still be applied to sellers who meet specific criteria.
In addition, Amazon’s fulfillment fees will remain, on average, 30% less expensive than standard-shipping methods offered by major third-party logistics providers. It will also be nearly 70% less expensive than comparable two-day shipping alternatives.
Selling on Amazon with CedCommerce
When selling on Amazon, it becomes imperative for sellers to use services from experts in integrating multiple marketplaces. And that’s where the ‘Amazon by CedCommerce’ app can come to your rescue.
But what kind of help will the app provide you in escalating your business to the next level? Some of the more nifty features of the app include:-
- List new or link existing Amazon inventory with Shopify
- Simplified order flow from Amazon to Shopify
- Near real-time product data syncing
- Smart bulk editing with predefined templates
- Steady multi-account connectivity
CedCommerce services for Amazon sellers will help to escalate businesses and define a new standard in the market. With our amazon 24×7 customer services and dedicated account managers, selling on Amazon couldn’t get easier than before.
The app for Shopify sellers makes business operations accessible and smooth.
It’s time to put your sales efforts into high gear to get new customers and see old customers return!