Here are 4 ways to tap GEN Z on your Amazon & Shopify Store
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
A multichannel business means having multiple streams of income. But is a multichannel business without knowing your target audience and what your target audience shows interest in buying would ever bring good profits? It’s undoubtedly ‘NO.’ While selling on platforms like Shopify and Amazon, it becomes all the more important to understand what you sell and to whom your products will target. This blog is all about where is Gen Z shopping, what is Gen Z buying, how you can connect and sell your products on your Amazon-Shopify store to Gen Z through the right products, marketing, and strategies to tap the third biggest generational group ( in the U.S.).
But Why only Gen Z?
When it comes to critical thinking, individuality, passion, and vision for the future, Gen Z is a generational group that fits it all. With engaging platforms like Amazon and Shopify, where you as a seller can sell anything from creative stuff to sustainable products to electronics and lifestyle, Gen Z is the highest potential audience that can give a serious look and thought and, eventually, good sales to your business.
And this brings me to our next question,
How is Gen Z different from other generations?
You can’t target them if you don’t know who they are and what they like and are ignorant about their current shopping habits. To make it easier for you, we have done our research, and here are some shopping habits and preferences of Gen Z that you must have known till now:
- Gen Z loves to shop online, and you can bet a sale if your payment methods are incredibly easy for them. They love mobile payments and digital wallets.
- Since Gen Z are mainly in the initial phase of earning, they are critical about spending on costly things, which makes Affordability another criterion for selecting a brand or seller over others.
- Social media plays an important role in influencing them to make purchase decisions because that’s where they can connect with their favorite brands, know public opinion and even create user-generated content for their favorite brands.
- 73% of Gen Z consumers want brand values to resonate with their beliefs and value.
- 25% of Gen Z shoppers depend on their previous purchase experience with the brands to make future purchases.
- Some other significant factors that Gen Z considers are Brand authenticity and transparency.
- Gen Z prefers omnichannel, and this proves why. 51% of Gen Z shoppers like to search their brand’s official website, 47% prefer social media, 45% rely on recommendations from friends and family, and 44% depend on brick-and-mortar stores.
As a crux, here are specific points you must ensure if you are selling on giants like Amazon and Shopify.
How do you target Gen Z Consumers?
- Build good customer reviews on Amazon because this goes a long way. Consumers are coming to see how others have felt after buying with you. It determines the quality of your products and your customers’ purchasing experience.
- Build a social presence, which means building a really, really good social presence; after all, a brand must feel like a brand. Also, your social presence helps them to connect with you and interact with their pain points directly.
- Give voice and feel to the vision and value of your Gen Z shopper community. Sell what is communicated with their perception and needs in life.
- Make products affordable and sustainable. With conscious marketing and manufacturing efforts, you can simply make your product a hero amongst Gen Z shoppers.
But is it just enough? Not exactly, if you own a multichannel business on Amazon and Shopify. What you sell is equally important as to whom you sell to and how you sell. Here are some top product categories you must sell to tap the Gen Z shopper cohort.
Top 4 Product Categories Gen Z are mostly interested in Buying
What is Gen Z buying is a big question and here is the answer. Gen Z differs to a great extent when it comes to life preferences. Since it is the youthful time of their life, they hover over anything that boosts enthusiasm, energy, knowledge, and health. Let’s dive into these top 4 product categories.
Electronics and Technology
Video games, smartphones, and headphones are the top electronic gadgets that Gen Z loves to shop for. Technology’s ever-increasing varieties and power make the world more fascinating and scientific for this growing shopper community. Moreover, technological inventions and user experiences add to the core demand of Gen Z – exploring newer dimensions. When on Amazon, selling electronics and gadgets can really generate good revenues.
Health and Wellness
Gen Z is health conscious, and if you sell what their health and wellness demand, you are sure to tap their purchasing power. They are already aware of why health is essential, and eventually, you are left with a job to appropriately interact with them on a suitable platform and give them the right product for an unforgettable customer experience.
Books and Education
Who doesn’t know the power of Books and it became all the more evident when it’s Amazon, which started its billion-dollar business with books. Selling books on Amazon can indeed be a profitable venture. Also, educational stuff like study lamps, study tables, and other stationery items can never go out of season for Gen Z.
Apparel, beauty products, clothes, and other lifestyle products are essential for this generational group, being in their prime youth. Selling these products can be more profitable if combined with natural ingredients or fewer chemicals. Going natural and using sustainable and bio-degradable products can be exciting for this target audience.
These 4 product categories sum up the broader categories about what is Gen Z buying.
How can CedCommerce help you Simplify your Sales Journey on Amazon and Shopify?
When selling to Gen Z, you must be technically well-equipped so that you never face the problem of overselling or overstocking. CedCommerce builds solutions that enable merchants to launch and scale their online businesses on multiple selling platforms. With our new and advanced version of Amazon by CedCommerce merchants can simplify their multichannel selling by connecting, centralizing, managing, and streamlining multiple Amazon accounts and Shopify through a single dashboard.
With the app’s help, you can easily create and synchronize Shopify and Amazon listings and average 200+ million unique visitors per month by selling on Amazon. The app supports selling on Amazon for merchants in almost all parts of the world from the Shopify store. Explore further to figure out how to sell products on Amazon Marketplace from the Shopify store:
- Connect Multiple Amazon Accounts
- Support all Categories
- Product Template
- Create Listings & Offers
- Sync and Track Inventory in near Real-Time
- Manage Orders & Shipment
- Free 24×7 Support
And here we come to the end of the blog! Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.