2022 Holiday Season Amazon Checklist For Sellers
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
One of the most eagerly awaited times in the year for both sellers and customers alike, the 2022 Holiday Season, is right upon us. This period usually indicates a high surge in traffic in online marketplaces like Amazon, meaning busier times for sellers and high competition as well.
As per a recent report, in 2020, the United States saw its retail e-commerce revenue touch $186 billion. Amazon grabbed the biggest slice of this pie, with the platform’s sales peaking at US$7.2 billion in the last quarter of 2020.
Upcoming Holidays You Shouldn’t Miss Out in 2022
Speaking of holidays, here’s a brief outlook of the upcoming major Holidays in 2022 so that you can take stock of things accordingly:-
- Fall Prime Day*: September 25 – October 15*
- Holiday Shopping Season: October 1 – January 1
- Halloween: October 31
- Black Friday – Cyber Monday: November 25 – 28
- Valentine’s Day: February 14, 2023
*Official date yet to be announced
2022 Holiday Season DOs For Sellers
To help you stand apart from the massive crowd of sellers, here are a few things that you should do when entering the Holiday Season of 2022:-
- Run a countdown on your social media pages and personal website (provided, you have one) for the shopping season to create a FOMO feeling for customers.
- Start adding Holiday bundles at the earliest.
- Register for last-minute shipping options that Amazon will provide to customers shopping late during Christmas.
- Clearly display your Returns Policy on your product listings.
- Keep updating your email list regularly so that a good number of potential customers are updated about your deals and offers in the holiday season.
- Give discounts or offer promotions on big purchases to motivate shoppers to buy more.
- Shell out a portion of your earnings to charity and use this as a PR activity on your Social media accounts.
- To drive sales, ensure you have shared all Holiday codes and discount offers on all your social media pages.
- Influencers on Social Media Platforms like YouTube, Instagram, TikTok & more will surely upload gift guides. Try connecting with them to see if you can get on their gift guides.
- Thoroughly update all your product listings with holiday-related keywords, using Amazon’s keyword generation on the tool or other effective keyword research tools.
- Heavily invest in Amazon PPC campaigns (Amazon Ads) so that your product listings stand on top of the Amazon ranking page.
2022 Holiday Season List Of DONTs for Sellers
With the list of DOs over, here’s a list of DONTs for the 2022 Holiday Season:-
- Don’t go overboard with your inventory. Stock up inventory using proper demand forecasting so that you don’t have to deal with unsold stuff.
- Don’t just put ads on Amazon PPC. Run campaigns on Google Ads as well for better reach and visibility.
- Avoid using bland language in Ads. Create a sense of urgency and a feeling of FOMO in your campaigns.
- Don’t miss out on updating your Amazon landing page so as to align them with the new Amazon ads that you’re running.
- Don’t leave things for last. Be well-prepared with your plans and start executing them right away.
- Don’t list the same holiday products that you listed last year. Do some research and find products that are unique and in demand.
- Don’t sell products that are low-performing during the holiday season.
- Don’t overprice your products by a big margin so that you don’t give an unwanted advantage to your competitors.
- Don’t ignore signing up for Amazon’s FBA service during the holidays if you can.
- Don’t forget to track your amazon sales for to see what’s gone well for you and what hasn’t.
But these are just a few of the things that you should worry about while selling on Amazon. During the Holiday season, you will face issues regarding order syncing, inventory management, Product listings, etc. That’s due to the large influx of traffic around that season. So, to make life easier for you, try using the Amazon by CedCommerce native sales channel app.
Amazon By CedCommerce App Features
With the Amazon by CedCommerce app, not only you can get updates for failed orders & successful orders, but a team of highly trained and expert eCommerce experts will be there to help you, 24×7.
Some of the other useful app features include:-
- List new ones or Link Existing Amazon Inventory with Shopify: For all your existing Inventories on Amazon, it is possible to connect them to the corresponding Shopify Inventories in just a few clicks.
- Simplified Order flow from Amazon to Shopify: Without switching platforms manage your Amazon Orders from the Shopify store and perform all essential operations required from here itself.
- One-click Product Data Syncing: Synchronize your Shopify Product Description, Price, Stock, and other relevant information in just one click for an effortless listing.
- Intelligent Bulk Editing with predefined Templates: List your Shopify products on Amazon through predefined Product Templates and save yourself from performing repetitive category mapping and other redundant steps every time.
- Steady Multi-Account Connectivity: If you have multiple Amazon Accounts within the same country, then effortlessly sell through all of them from your Shopify Store itself. Individually tackle all Inventories and Orders from different accounts at one spot, i.e., your Shopify store.
Here’s wishing you the best for the Holiday season!