Step-by-Step Guide To Sell on Catch Marketplace
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
Keeping pace with their counterparts from every nook and cranny of the world, every online seller desires to sell strategically with an intention to turn the profit as well as to make its brand a glistening one. For selling with such a success rate, sellers sometimes want to sell on marketplaces that are already well established and world-known. One of such marketplaces is Catch Marketplace and that is what we shall discuss in this blog today-How to sell on Catch!
Catch.com.au has recently been announced as the BEST MARKETPLACE by .
- Catch Marketplace is an Australia based e-commerce marketplace which is a part of the Catch group.
- Established in the last decade, Catch soon emerged as a leading Australian e-commerce website with a huge spectrum of products.
- Catch has over 13,000 branded products across a sweeping range of consumer categories including health & lifestyle, home decor, fashion, accessories, sportswear, groceries and many others.
- Catch witnesses about 450,000 visits and 8,000 orders every day.
- Adding another achievement, Catch reported a revenue of about US$ 306 Million in FY17.
- An item is sold every 2.8 seconds on Catch.
- 70 Robots are deployed in the Catch warehouse.
- As many as 8,000 orders are sent by Catch every day.
Steps to sell on Catch Marketplace
With all the achievement and success Catch has procured over the years, it has been attracting sellers to sell on Catch for better exposure of their products and a profitable result. It’s time we told you how YOU can sell on Catch, a big marketplace in Australia.
Step 1: Create Your Catch Seller Account
You firstly need to open your Catch seller account to sell on Catch. For the link that will navigate you to the page of Catch seller account creation, Click Here!
Enter basic details like your name, contact details, etc. to create a Catch seller account.
- Enter email and password for the first user:
Enter valid email id and password for you to login, for using it after the account gets created.
- Provide Your Company Details:
Mention your shop name, the registered business name and also the registered business number (ABN) of your company.
- Contact Details:
Enter the contact details like the email address of the seller which will be featured in the invoice of the order.
Step 2: Fill All The Necessary Details
The next part while creating Catch seller account to sell on Catch is to fill all the necessary details which include:
- Shop Description:
What is your shop all about, what does it sell.
- Country Shipped From:
Select the country from where the products will be shipped.
- Return Policy:
Enter the return policy. It will be compliant with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- Warehouse Location:
Enter the details of your warehouse location such as state, city etc of the warehouse.
- Default Lead Time:
Enter the number of days you need to dispatch the item from your warehouse.
- Bank Account Details:
Provide bank account details for account verification which includes a scanned copy of checkbook, bank statement, etc. Also, add the details to receive the payments.
- Visual Identity:
Logo, Banner, etc. for your store.
- Shipping and Delivery:
Decide shipping charges for different shipping zones and logistic class.
Step 3: Create Your Products
Once the Catch seller account is created, you can sell on Catch but after creating the products from the Catch seller account. The creation of products includes:
1- Product Title:
The product title that you are writing for your product should be clear, concise, and readable to be read on Catch. Make sure it has basic details of products.
- Max 255 Characters (alphanumeric).
- The first letter of words only, NO ALL CAPS.
2- Product Description:
The product description must be having the answers to the questions that a buyer may have. For conversion and better results, use the keywords and aptest words for products.
- Max 2000 Characters (alphanumeric)
- The first letter of words only, NO ALL CAPS
3- Product Images:
Images for a product you want to sell on Catch must be clear and should be having at least one of these:
- Clean product photo with white background
- Professional standard lifestyle images showing the product in its natural environment
Note:It should be noted that the product images with logos, watermarks, badges or text are not allowed and will be rejected at the time of Content Review.
Once the content has been reviewed, which can take up to 5 business days, you are all set to send your product listing to the Catch marketplace and sell on Catch.
Step 4: Product Uploading on Catch
To upload the products on Catch marketplace from Catch seller account, you have three options which are listed below:
1- Product Spreadsheet-
You may use it when you have less than 1000 products.
2- FTP/HTTP Integration-
You may use it when you have less than 1000 products.
It is for the case when you have more than 1000 products.
4- Product Spreadsheet:
The most commonly used and basic way is the use of the Product Spreadsheet while you sell on Catch. You can import products on Catch seller account via a spreadsheet in two ways:
5- FTP/HTTP Integration:
Using this mode in Catch seller account, you will be able to import products automatically through FTP/HTTP products and offers in bulk from your spreadsheet.
Remember, while selecting the FTP/HTTP Integration, connect your own hosted product feed for automatic updates of the following:
- Product data
- Offer data including pricing, inventory, and promotional offers
Catch marketplace allows you to use the CSV, XLSX, and XML files while you upload products to sell on Catch using FTP/HTTP integration.
This method enables the seller to exchange the data automatically, reducing the manual effort. You may use it when you have more than 1000 products.
Our APIs provide real-time integration with:
- Shop Management
- Product and Offer Management
- Order Management
- Customer Service
Step 5: Order Management
Once the products have been featured at Catch, you are all set to sell on Catch from your Catch seller account and all that you have to do is to wait for the orders placed for your products.
After the orders have been placed for the products you sell on Catch, sellers may take the following actions for the product orders from their Catch seller account:
- They may see order details and history from Catch seller account
- They may see invoice for customers & send documents
- They may export order delivery details in bulk
- They may upload tracking numbers in bulk
- They may accept or reject orders from Catch seller account
Step 6: Customer Management
A seller may manage the customers and their issues from the Catch seller account easily. The issues that can be managed are:
- Sending and Receiving Customer Message
- Review of Order Incidents
- Resolving Incidents relevant with Orders
- Generating Refund
Step 7: Manage the Payments
Sellers may manage the payments made to them by buyers and also handle the charges and commissions accordingly, from their Catch seller account.
Step 8: Check Your Success
While sellers sell on Catch, they may check the success that their products are procuring. From the Catch seller account, a seller may see the following sections for that:
- Catch Quality of Service Criteria
- Catch Dashboard Panel
- Customer Service Performance
- Sales Performance
1- Catch Quality of Service Criteria:
To establish and maintain the quality in service, make sure you keep in mind the following pointers:
- Incident Rate:
It is required to be less than 15%.
- Acceptance Time:
The time limit within which the orders must be accepted is 48 hours.
- Acceptance Rate:
The rate of acceptance should be above 95%.
- Sequentially canceled orders:
Only two orders can be rejected before you’re suspended.
- Total refused orders (upon review):
More than 9 orders can’t be refunded. At the same time, a seller must also keep in mind that its account may be suspended if a seller:
- Rejects Orders
- Oversells Stock
- Doesn’t Accept Orders within 48 hours
- Doesn’t Ship with the set lead time – approximately 3 days
- Experiences Higher Incident rates
2- Catch Dashboard Panel:
a) Unread Messages:
A seller may check the messages that have not been read from the Catch seller account. Seller may also see the following details:
- On Offers- Messages before ordering
- On Orders- Messages once an order is placed
You can also check orders from your Catch seller account. The information you can get are:
- Pending Orders
- In Progress
- With Incidents
You can also check your number of Offers and you will find the following details under this section.
- Active – Currently on Sale
- Inactive – Manually deactivated or out of stock
d) Current Balance:
From your dashboard panel, you may check your Current Balance. You will find the following details in this section.
- Pending- Balance of paid orders under incident or not yet received
- Paid- Balance paid to you
You may see your “Transaction History” by clicking on it, to view your balance details.
3- Customer Service Performance:
In this section of the Catch seller account, sellers who sell on Catch may see the Rate and Deadlines regarding their orders.
- Acceptance Rate
- Incident Rate
- Refund Rate
- Refused Rate
- Auto-Refused Rate
- Average Acceptance Time
- Average Time to Ship
- Average Response time to an Order
4- Sales Performance:
In Catch seller account, a seller may see under ‘Sales’, the following details:
a) Total Orders-
In the Catch seller account, sellers who sell on Catch may see their total number of debited orders during a selected period of time.
b) Revenue (excl. shipping)-
A seller-from Catch seller account-may also sees the total debited order value (in AUD) which is inclusive of taxes, shipping fees excluded, and net refunds during the selected period. It is seen under the Revenue (excl. shipping) section.
c) Revenue (incl. shipping)-
From the Catch seller account itself, sellers who sell on Catch can view their total debited order value (in AUD) including taxes, shipping fees included, and net refunds during a selected period under Revenue (incl. shipping).
d) Average order value (excl. shipping)-
A seller who sell on catch may see the total debited order value (in AUD) including taxes, shipping fees excluded / Total number of orders during the same period, from their Catch seller account.
e) Average order value (incl. shipping)-
Sellers from their Catch seller account may see the total debited order value (in AUD) including taxes, shipping fees included / Total number of orders during the same period.
Why sell on Catch?
- Catch has over 4 Million users.
- Over 12 Million parcels have been shipped by Catch last year.
- Catch has a 4.4 / 5 average rating for its products.
- It has about 1.2 Million genuine product reviews in the last year.
HowCedCommerce can Help You Sell on Catch?
With its multiple integrations extensions for Catch,CedCommerce an ace web development agency- helps the sellers to sell on Catch. From any framework that a seller is having or wishing to have, CedCommerce has extensions such as:
- Catch Magento Integration
- Catch Magento 2 Integration
- Catch Shopify Integration
- Catch WooCommerce Integration
- Catch BigCommerce Integration
Not only this but we extend support and assistance for utmost convenience of a seller:
- 24*7 Free Support
- One-to-One Training
- Lifetime Free Upgrades
- One-Time Fee
You may know much more by contacting us via:
Catch the ongoing e-commerce trends, ace out the competition, sell on Catch!