Let’s take you back to the day when you were sitting with your coffee mug and the idea of starting up an online store hit you hard. Remember the very next day you began your research and found out Shopify to be an appropriate platform to create your own brand?
Remember how curious, excited, analytical you had become?
We can understand your feelings quite exactly as every day we chat and guide many like you.
Some come up with a wish to open up a Shopify store so that they can list their new set of products and then get them listed to various marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, Etsy, etc.with our various Marketplace Integration Apps available for the leading marketplaces respectively and others contact us to get their products imported from various marketplaces with the help of our Omni Importer App available for marketplaces like Amazon, eBay and coming up for Etsy and Walmart.
So coming back to you, we can imagine the charm of your face when you had successfully created an online store, had your products listed and began selling like anything. Everything was going good, that lead, those sales, everything was more than perfect. That competitor of yours was trying to copy every technique you had implemented. But, suddenly the number of customers visiting your Shopify store reduced and your sales got hampered!
You checked out everything right from products in demand, product SKUs, the feasibility of your Integration app. You even contacted your existing clients but you could not find as to what had lessened your sales.
You lost the product visibility and then you realized that your store needed an upgradation.
You kept loitering on the internet and then you realized that a lot has changed since the time you opened up your Shopify store.
Almost everything had become optimized and you kept wondering how to go about it?
Are you still stuck at finding the exact definition of optimization and its implementation?
Relax! We are here to help you out.
So the term that should fetch your attention is Search Engine Optimization or SEO, as known popularly. SEO refers to modifying the content of your website in such a way that each page of your website becomes easily crawlable for major search engines, such as Google, Bing, etc.
Why is SEO important for business?
SEO is important because, in today’s world, the user treats the search engines as their perfect go to places for any kind of query even if it is related to shopping. So, for you to have your online store in the sight of search engines is important as that is the key to fetch potential and sustainable leads.
SEO has brought in the concept of “keywords”, which basically refer to the most relevant queries and also most frequently asked queries. Optimizing your website’s content for those keywords can enhance your chances to be found on the internet.
If you found this article as a top search result for the query you entered in the search engine, it is because this article has been optimized around your query and your query has been treated as a ‘focused keyword’ for this article.
Kudos to us! It takes a lot of work, swears!
The search engines use different algorithms to crawl the articles that have the keywords the searcher is looking for.
For example, Google has recently implemented the use of RankBrain, which is an updated algorithm that helps Google to find the most relevant searches for its users.
SEO looks for all the content in HTML text and sorts it out according to a particular search.
Major Components of SEO-
The SEO has three major components to a successful SEO-
1) Regular quantity content with keywords- To have your pages successfully be crawled by the search engines, you just cannot afford your pages to look dead at any point of time in life. So, you need to regularly research the queries being searched by the ones interested in your niche, make a list of the popular keywords and produce content around those keywords.
You can use short tail keywords, long tail keywords, etc. to optimize your content.
Don’t stuff your content but keep it quality driven and optimized.
2) Analyzing your content- The reason we have examination systems working is to test our knowledge so that we come to know whether we are moving in the right direction or not.
Same goes with SEO, it also demands a proper analysis of the optimized content from time to time so that you can understand as to where your content stands and what needs to be changed.
The major parameters to check the performance of your content is Bounce Rate, Click Through Rate, Average page position, etc.
3) Making the required changes- Even if your content starts ranking, do not fail to keep upgrading your content according to the ongoing scenario of your store and the new queries that you come across from relevant traffic on the website of your competitors.
Now, let’s cater to your major concern that is how you can optimize your Shopify store.
The key step of optimizing your online store is knowing that you will not see the results in a single day. You need to wait for sometime to lead the path towards online growth.
The basic strategies to optimize your Shopify store are-
1- Optimize each and every text present on your Shopify store, be it the product title, description, etc.
Do you have tonnes of products and think that optimizing your Shopify data according to the relevant keywords will take a lot of your time?
Well, yes. It will but you can sit back and ask us to do it for you.
- Add Meta Texts such as Meta Description which tells all about your product and Meta Title to your Shopify store as well as to your product page.
- Add the main keyword in your product title.
- Add one to two sentences in your product description by again adding the relevant keywords.
- Try putting information in the form of Strong Bullet Points.
- Enter alt text in images which should be the keywords you want your products to rank for in the search results.
- Enter keywords as the tag for your products.
These are the best answers to the question ticking in your head- ‘How to optimize Shopify store?’
2- Promote your store wisely.
Make the best use of blogs to establish internal linking so that you attain greater visibility in the search results.
Keep producing regular and relevant blog content.
Your blogs should not just be promotional but also informative with a perspective to help your sellers to establish clear thought connectivity with you so that they may look up to you as their problem-solvers.
3. Submit your Shopify blog for indexing so that Google may crawl your content and product easily.
Use Google Search Console to complete this process. As soon as you write a new blog, do the indexing so that Google brings in the traffic to your product page.
4- Insert High-Quality images to decrease load time.
Make sure that the images you use for your products should not hamper the load time of your page because page loading time is also one of the major factors taken into consideration by Google’s RankBrain.
Irrelevant and poor quality images can make your product pages uncrawlable for Google, thereby, decreasing the chances of your store to be visible for the audiences.
This is how to optimize Shopify store.
How to achieve Shopify Conversion Optimization?
We have compiled basic ways to achieve Shopify Conversion Optimization-
1) Grow your organic traffic by posting regularly and providing blog link on your social media profiles.
2) Find relevant groups belonging to your niche and post relevant content. If the groups allow, try redirecting traffic to your posts/ pages, etc. to generate leads.
3) Maintain Shopify blogs. You can also take our help to plan relevant blogs based on regular queries.
4) Make sure that you optimize your Shopify product page content. You should have high converting product pages.
5) Use Google analytics to track the results of your content so that you can upgrade it regularly to be visible in search results.
Steps to add blogs to Shopify navigation-
Adding blogs to your Shopify store is a great step towards e-commerce conversion optimization.
Following are the steps to add blogs to your Shopify store-
1) Log in to your Shopify store.
2) Click on Sales Channels
3) Click on Online Store
4) Click on Blog Posts
In today’s world, it is very important to make your Shopify store mobile-friendly so that you convert better by enhancing customer experience.
How to make your Shopify store mobile-friendly?
1) Modify your content length such as the length of your Meta Description, Meta Title, etc. so that it fits your mobile screen.
2) Resize the images.
3) Use High-Quality images.
4) Optimize website speed. This can be achieved by executing load testing.
If you wish to grow your sales, knowing how to optimize Shopify store is really important. Advertising Shopify store in the correct way is very important. To achieve Shopify conversion optimization, you require smart work. Following steps are essential to optimize Shopify store and have greater visibility-
1) Proper meta Description for Shopify store
2) proper meta title
3) Social media posts
4) blog posts for Shopify
5) High -quality images
Consider the above-mentioned steps as a base upon which you are going to build your future Success Skyscraper.