Clever ways to solve digital marketing problem: Shopify SEO tips
Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
In the past 5 years or so, digital marketing has provided the necessary boost to almost every business. The SaaS-based sellers largely depend on it to ensure themselves of higher product visibility, brand reach and much more. Shopify SEO tips are much sought after as every day we encounter tonnes of people reaching out to us with just a single view to have their Shopify products be a part of SERPs.
Didn’t the above picture amaze you? Well, we are too taken aback by it. So, do we need to waste your time telling you about the importance of digital marketing in your business?
Ah! Thanks for the ‘no’, you saved us otherwise the paragraph describing the role of digital marketing in hiking up your business would just go on and on and on.
The major components of digital marketing are
1) Search Engine Optimization- It refers to the practice of including most searched queries (keywords) in your content to make it appear in search results of renowned search engines like Google, Bing, etc. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
2) PPC- Pay-Per-Click Marketing or more commonly known as PPC is a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay each time their ad is clicked.
Search engine advertising allows advertisers to bid for an ad in search engine’s sponsored links when someone searches keyword related to their business offering.
3) Social Media Marketing- It wouldn’t be wrong to call Social Media Marketing a ‘Marketing Mania’, as this form of digital marketing has created an unstoppable buzz. Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are powerful enough to bring in organic traffic as you can reach out to a targeted audience. Above all, you can invariably boost your business through the power of social media.
4) Website Development & Design- When a business is named, the one thing that automatically comes to everyone’s mind is the appearance and content on its website. Isn’t it?
In the digital world, a good website acts as a first impression for your business.
5) Affiliate Marketing- Affiliate Marketing is one of the key elements these days as you can take aid of the influential people to grow your business and convert more leads. The influencers mostly come up with accurate marketing strategies so that you have better sales.
6) Content Creation- The sixth component should be placed higher. Anyway! All this while, we have been talking about marketing but you need something to be the core of your marketing. Right? Here the content plays a very important role. Your content decides the way your products will be perceived.
7) Analytics- To have a complete track of your marketing campaigns, you need to estimate how each of your marketing campaigns performs.
This can be done by looking for impressions, CTR and other relevant figures for your blog posts, social media posts, AdWords data performance, etc.
8) E-mail Marketing- To reach out to your customers uninterruptedly, you need to stay high on heels. E-mail campaigns help you to communicate with your customers at each step of their path to purchase. With Marketing Automation, auto-responding the customers have simplified the task to connect with the customers. Above all, E-mail Marketing is considered as the backbone of digital marketing as it helps you to keep a record of your leads.
Having talked about all the assets of digital marketing, let’s address the real battle going on in this digital world.
Organic Search V/S PPC
While the world is battling over the same topic- “Is SEO better than PPC? I would like to resolve this fight by enumerating the benefits and drawbacks of both.
Benefits of Organic Search:
Trust and Credibility- Creative people love to see their work appreciated and when a trustworthy search engine does it, you feel all the more important. Leads that you acquire from organic searches already trust you as they know the authority you have in your niche.
Consistency- When you rank high for a certain set of keywords, that means your content fits in the context. Therefore, the rankings that you acquire are quite evergreen.
Click Through Rates-The Click-through rates are maximum for organic searches because visitors, who land upon your website organically, seem to be interested in your business.
Improved Online Marketing- To rank high in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), you need to come up with quality content which consequently will better your Inbound Marketing.
Drawbacks of Organic Search:
Time- Different pieces of content take a different amount of time to fall in a good rank in SERPs, some content pieces may even take up to a year depending upon the competitiveness of the keyword. SEO requires a lot of patience.
Expertise- SEO is a must for every piece of content that goes live so you need to have the best of resources, which at a time may become difficult.
Benefits of PPC:
Time- Paid results are displayed at the top as soon as you pay for an app.
Targeted Audience- PPC Campaigns reach out to a targeted audience. Targeting is done based on age, gender, marital status, income group, location, topics, interests, placements etc.
Leads- PPC Marketing acquires quality leads as you get those leads in the shortest span of time.
Drawbacks of PPC:
Short-lived- The ads disappear either as soon as you stop paying for them or your competitor takes over.
Distrust- Audiences not always believe in paid results as they also understand the concept of paid advertisements.
Cost- As the bid price depends upon the competitiveness of the keywords, a lot of money is wasted in these paid campaigns.
Collaborative work is what we believe in-
Listing the benefits and drawbacks of both organic search and PPC, it is quite obvious that both are important for your businesses. While the SEO will help you attain sustainable leads, PPC will let you have quality leads in just a short span of time.
Top Digital Marketing Tools-
For having a profitable Sales Funnel, you need to analyze the performance of your Inbound Marketing Campaigns to land upon the campaigns that work well for your business.
If you are an e-commerce seller and sell on SaaS-based platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, etc, you must keep finding the marketing ways to better your online stores by optimizing them and therefore have a better conversion rate.
Thus, you need to make use of the following Digital Marketing Tools-
1) Google Analytics-
It is an analytics tool by Google that helps you to track and estimate the website on your traffic. It acquaints you with the following traffic estimation parameters such as page views, unique page views, entrances, exits, bounce rate, conversions, etc.
The tool is very simple! All you have to do is –
- Click on the link: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/
- Click on the “Sign in to Analytics” button.
- Sign in with your Gmail id & get started.
Google Analytics Dashboard:
Analytics lets you have reported regarding the following-
2) Google Search Console-
Also known as Google Webmaster, Google Search Console lets you estimate your content in Real-Time.
As its landing page says, Google Search Console helps you to improve your performance in Google search results
As the picture depicts, the dashboard provides an analytical view of your site’s performance. All you need to do is index your pages, redirect links and check impressions, CTR, page views and other relevant statistics.
Google Search Console lets you have a check on the following-
Google Search Console helps you also have a check on the AMP compatibility of your pages.
3) Visual Analytics tools-
It is the core of business intelligence. Visual Analytics Tools basically record the performance of your pages.
- Hotjar- It provides everything you need to uncover insights into your website pages. Hotjar provides heat maps that reveal how most of the visitors navigate your website pages.
The Hotjar Dashboard looks like this-
Therefore, you can have a clear insight into the traffic visiting your site.
Hotjar helps you to track the following-
Heatmap obtained with Hotjar-
The colored bar is a measure of activeness of visitors in a particular section of the page.
- Inspectlet- More or less like Hotjar, Inspectlet also provides recordings of user navigation in the form of heatmaps. Therefore, heatmaps help to understand the pattern that most of the visitors follow while going through your web page.
Inspectlet also helps you to have a track of A/B tests that you perform on your website pages.
You can have information about the following aspects of your business-
4) Google AdWords-
One can run one of the following ads for his business-
- Search Ads
- Display Ads
- Video Ads
- Shopping Ads
- Universal App Ads
Google AdWords has its own keyword planner which displays keywords related to your business.
1) In the ‘tools’ section of Google AdWords, click on keyword planner.
2) Enter either a keyword or any URL related to your business.
You will see ample keywords along with their bidding prices which will help you to set your bid. Therefore, this will help you in performing well in Search Ads.
Will SEO for Shopify boom your business?
Search Engine Optimization is very important for your business as it helps you to score leads that trust you and hence, these leads prove out to be sustainable in the long run.
Businesses need to rank well in SERPs to ensure a higher trust quotient and credibility extended by the customers.
We like to keep it simple! So, instead of praising too much, we would like to present a reliable statistics for you and sum it up altogether.
Listen to our Spotify Podcast for emerging trends shaping the eCommerce in 2020!
these tips on Digital Marketing along with all its essential components has become the need of the hour for all the businesses to attain the required visibility in this competitive world. SaaS-based online retailers now can earn big with SEO and PPC.In other words, SEO helps sellers attain trust and credibility while PPC helps to acquire quality leads in a short span of time.
As a seller whose target is to achieve more sales with each passing day, it’s fair enough if you do not want to get indulged in tedious yet necessary digital marketing tasks.
Want us to help you in optimizing your Shopify store?
Explore our work and get started – Digital marketing Services