Offering promotional prices for your items at Walmart is one of the best strategy to attract more visitors for your products. There are two ways to set up the promotional pricing.
- Seller Center
- API method.
For those selling manually through Walmart Seller Center, it’s a bit laborious as all of the work has to be performed manually. However, through API you can do it easily. The API method eases the degree of complexity involved with the manual process.
Promotional Price feature Rules –
- You can set up no more than 10 promotions for an item at a time through API. You can set up no more than 5 promotions for an item at a time in seller panel.
- Seller panel requires you to provide Promotions Status, Promo Price, Start Date and End Date. While API requires only offerId, startDate and endDate.
- The end date for any promotion should be maximum 365 days from the current date and time. Any date exceeding the limit will end up as error.
- For any item the promo end date should not be equal to or before than the promo start date. Or it will end up as an error.
- The promo start date and time should have at least a difference of 4 hours from the current date and time.
Promotion Types –
- Clearance – This promo types is to be used, when you are clearing out the inventory for a particular item by reducing its price. It is advisable to use clearance promo for your end of season sales. If you win the buy box and your item has clearance promotion, the item will be displayed with promotional price and comparison price.
- Reduced – The promo type is to be used, when you want to slash the prices of a particular item to attract more buyers. It works well, when you can adjust the reduced prices with your profits. If you win the buy box, it would display both reduced price and comparison price along with Reduced price flag.
Now, let’s take a look at “how to create promotional pricing in Walmart’s Seller Center”
1. As soon as you login to your seller center, click the Bulk Price Update button under the Items and Inventory tab on the left hand side of the navigation bar.
2. Click the Price and Promo Sec from the Download Spec. section. The spec get downloads to your section.
3. Now open the spec (in Excel Sheet Format) to fill out the required information.
4. Fill out all the concerning information.
Price fields: Use the two fields to update or change existing prices
SKU: The same information provided at the item setup time.
Price: The new price you want to offer.
Other Optional Fields you can provide to add various layers to your promotional pricing
- Promo Status
- Promo Price
- Promo Start Date
- Promo End Date
- Promo Type
- Promo Placement
Also, you can add up to 5 promotions by filling out the additional promotional columns.
5. Now, click validate fields under the Walmart Toolbar
6. Scrutinize your offer for errors, rectify them, save it and then upload the spec, either through dragging the file or, clicking through upload template button. Also choose the type of update you intend to provide – basic, promotional or both.
Also, you can track the information by visiting the Promo Feed on the Feed Status page.
It is by performing these activities you can add the promotional pricing for any items on Walmart.com. Apart from this through second method i.e. through the API method you can easily perform the aforementioned activity. Follow the link to visit the API integrations, by the TRUSTED WALMART PARTNER – Walmart Marketplace Integration.
Thanks for your Interest!